PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Boston College LB Mark Herzlich will return for senior year

Status
Not open for further replies.

NE_PATS_FAN_54

Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job
Reaction score
Jeff Jagodzinski may not becoming back to the Heights, but linebacker Mark Herzlich.

The ACC Defensive Player of the Year was waiting on an evaluation from the National Football League and was taking in advice from family, friends and other people knowledgeable in the process and has decided to return to Boston College for his senior season instead of declaring himself eligible for this year’s draft.

“It wasn’t really a hard decision for him,” said his father, Sandy, this morning. “He loves the school and loves the guys and the coaches, though it’s unfortunate what’s going on right now (with Jagodzinski’s messy departure). But he’d been leaning toward going back and he did the evaluation, talked to some other people and he thought it was best to go back and ready for next year’s draft.”

He said that NFL evaluation had pegged his son to go somewhere in the second round while others had him going in the bottom third of the first.

BostonHerald.com - Blogs: On Campus Blog Archive Herzlich to return to BC

I admire the decision. Hope it works out for him.

I think it was a very smart decision. I hope he stays healthy and productive all next season.

Like Ochmed, I think that this kid made the right choice. Not just from a standpoint of gaining experience either. From a financial standpoint as well. Herzlich had he come out this year, was not guaranteed to be a 1st round pick. Next year, because of all the junior talent that is declaring, he stands to be a 1st round pick and possibly a top 10 pick.

Next year, BC will no longer have the two studs (Raji and Brace) in the middle of their DL so Herzlich will be gameplanned for by the opposing offenses so he might not have a better year.

It's a calculated risk not to come out. But chances are he can improve his stock. He certainly wouldn't want to be getting 2nd round money. The difference in contract and signing bonus is huge.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes