PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Boston Celtics NBA Finals Thread

I'll tell you what, I'll have to think long and hard before I watch another NBA Playoffs next year or the years after that. Long and hard.

It's a good thing you turned it off. Lakers fans actually booed Bill Russell when he presented Kobe with the MVP trophy.

Wow, for real? I'm glad I turned it off too. That is just not right.

Wow, for real? I'm glad I turned it off too. That is just not right.

Yeah, I turned it off right after that. Laker fans or not, that was absolutely disgusting. Bill Russell is definitely one of the greatest ever (between him and Jordan). I guarantee you if a burrito or a loaded enchilada had handed Kobe the trophy, the L.A. crowd would have loved it.

Yup ... great 1st post ...
That's what happens when the refs turn it into touch basketball. The free throws wasn't what lost us the game. The Lakers having +15 offensive rebounds and + 13 overall did. We were a joke in the paint and that kept them in it when they were misfiring.

Last edited:
In the 4th quarter the lakers had 21 free throws to the celtics 6.They had more free throws in the 4th than the celtics did the entire game.

That's what happens when the refs turn it into touch basketball. The free throws wasn't what lost us the game. The Lakers having +15 offensive rebounds and + 13 overall did. We were a joke in the paint and that kept them in it when they were misfiring.

That would be the key piece i would add next year. A big body that can rebound. Thing is we dont have much money to spend.

In the 4th quarter the lakers had 21 free throws to the celtics 6.They had more free throws in the 4th than the celtics did the entire game.

Pathetic...just terrible...

That would be the key piece i would add next year. A big body that can rebound. Thing is we dont have much money to spend.

Damn, it's hard to even think about next year when we're now 100+ games from being right where we were tonight, in a championship clinching game with a huge second half lead.

I felt really ****ty after the Pats lost to the Giants...i feel real ****ty again

i am so disappointed:( im glad i turned it off after the game was over. the last thing i need to see is la celebrating and booing bill Russel. no espn for a week for me. I'm going to be projectile vomiting all week.:mad:

i am so disappointed:( im glad i turned it off after the game was over. the last thing i need to see is la celebrating and booing bill Russel. no espn for a week for me. I'm going to be projectile vomiting all week.:mad:

I'm with you man, this is common protocol for me after a tough post-season elimination from any of our teams.

I think what will hurt more than watching the Lakers celebrating footage is seeing our 11 point lead during the highlights of the game.

**** the Celtics. Lakers did it.

Yeah, I turned it off right after that. Laker fans or not, that was absolutely disgusting. Bill Russell is definitely one of the greatest ever (between him and Jordan). I guarantee you if a burrito or a loaded enchilada had handed Kobe the trophy, the L.A. crowd would have loved it.

Remember the Celtics fans throwing bottles and rocks as they were just trying to get home from the bus in 2008. Don't act surprised. A boo doesn't hurt as much as a rock.

**** the Celtics. Lakers did it.
wow your a laker fan? i had no idea. sorry but i have to remove you from my friends list. i dont have laker fans for friends.

wow your a laker fan? i had no idea. sorry but i have to remove you from my friends list. i dont have laker fans for friends.

So long buddy, see you in the fall.

Boston fans, you should be very proud of this Celtics team - they had question marks going into the post-season, their health(until the playoffs started) didn't look great down the stretch of the season.

However - they pulled it together and got hot at the right time. Supposedly Cleveland and Orlando were the only teams with the best shots at winning the NBA Title, but the Celtics exposed both a good one.

This NBA Finals series was a very hard fought 7 games - it could have gone either way, but the Celtics really showed ALOT of heart, and I was very impressed by their effort this entire post-season run. On the contrary, look at other teams like the Dallas Mavericks and Denver Nuggets - both very talented, but both continue to under-achieve.

It's very hard to win a title - the Celtics won one in this 3 year span, and who knows how everything would have turned out if Garnett had been healthy last year.

Again - congrats guys - you have alot to be proud of with this team.

Remember the Celtics fans throwing bottles and rocks as they were just trying to get home from the bus in 2008. Don't act surprised. A boo doesn't hurt as much as a rock.

You should probably hide the fact that you're from Philadelphia if you insist on babbling on and on over a situation the Lakers themselves claim only got "a little out of hand."

Everyone knows that if that same scenario happens in Philly the bus gets flipped over and lit on fire.

Kevin Garnett was outrebounded by Gasol 18-3. That is just mind-boggling.

At this point, I'm going to kick a dead dog. I know you couldn't have kept Posey because of the money he demanded, but you probably should have made an effort to hold onto Eddie House. He was a perfect fit for this team and was a shooting presence to come off the bench.

I agree. They needed to get Nate Robinson.....exactly, why? Wish they could package him, KG and a draft pick for a stud C/PF. To bad Baby isn't two inches taller to be a legitimate 4.

I'm sure the Laker fans were just as civil. :rolleyes: Having said that, I wouldn't have a problem with it if they weren't. What goes around comes around.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back