PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Borges: The “Patriot Way” went wayward last week

Status
Not open for further replies.
Coincidentally, I earned an M.D.A. nights at Lupo's Headbreak Hotel in Providence...took me 20 years and I'll be damned if I can remember a single night.
Good God, I (barely) remember going there for shows by Jerry Jeff Walker and Warren Zevon about a zillion years ago. What a fabulous joint.

At the Herald when someone yells, "COPY BOY " do they all look at Ron?

1. Please do not link to that rag known as 'the Herald'. When it was in print at least it could be used as toilet paper in a pinch. In electronic form it is now completely useless.
2. Please do not link to useless Borges articles. I would call such articles horse manure except it would be an offense to horse manure.
Ron Borges knows that the only way to get people to read his stuff is to say things so controversial and outrageous that it gets people talking about him. In his profession, it is better to have people talking about what an idiot you are than it is to have them ignore you.

And it works every single time (as evidenced by this thread).

Re: The “Patriot Way” went wayward last week

Borges, Felger, D & C make a living off being Patriot contrarians..

That's why it's easier being a fan of this particular team in NY, believe it or not. I'd rather deal with the intelligence level of NJ Jets fans than the "slouching towards Bethlehem" style of Boston columnists and reporters covering the Pats.

Borg-ass fails to note that "The Patriot Way" is not what the players are before coming to Foxboro, it's what Belichick imposes upon them after they arrive.

Exactly, I said that very same thing yesterday, also even Ocho said it, he and Bill had a talk and he's going to do things the "Patriot Way" so obviously that phrase and agenda is still very alive and well in the locker room.

OK. so Mallett likes do a little bit of blow. That doesn't make a him a bad guy. Chad officially retired from his shinanigans and Fat Albert will either change or get bounced.

"The Borgie Way"

"In June 2004, Borges was involved in a physical altercation with New York Times and MaxBoxing.com reporter Michael Katz at a press conference in Las Vegas. Reports state that Katz was in the process of interviewing boxing promoter Bob Arum when Borges interrupted to ask Arum a question. Katz objected to the interruption and allegedly accused Borges of "being a shill for" boxing promoter Don King. In a column earlier in the year Katz had called Borges "a vomit-smelling sleaze" and criticized Borges for "writing about a fight without revealing he was being paid by King to provide television commentary". Borges responded by striking Katz, who responded by striking at Borges with his cane. Katz was described as "a short, fat man in his 60s who walks with a cane and wears a neck brace because of chronic back problems". The fight between the two was broken up by Arum and his aide."

"The Borgie Way"

"In June 2004, Borges was involved in a physical altercation with New York Times and MaxBoxing.com reporter Michael Katz at a press conference in Las Vegas. Reports state that Katz was in the process of interviewing boxing promoter Bob Arum when Borges interrupted to ask Arum a question. Katz objected to the interruption and allegedly accused Borges of "being a shill for" boxing promoter Don King. In a column earlier in the year Katz had called Borges "a vomit-smelling sleaze" and criticized Borges for "writing about a fight without revealing he was being paid by King to provide television commentary". Borges responded by striking Katz, who responded by striking at Borges with his cane. Katz was described as "a short, fat man in his 60s who walks with a cane and wears a neck brace because of chronic back problems". The fight between the two was broken up by Arum and his aide."

paid by don king ? wow, borges is more of a slimeball than i thought. how do you look at or listen to that guy ? what a nightmare.

Seriously need to stop posting Borges links here. He knows absolutely nothing about the Patriot way, so who cares what he thinks about it?

"The Borgie Way"

Hey! That's not a fair fight! Why doesn't the short, fat guy with the neck brace and the cane leave Borges alone and pick on somebody his own size?

Back to the original topic - no, not Ron Borges, but whether or not the Patriots have lost their way, that the 'Patriot Way went wayward'.

Apparently someone from the Boston Globe feels the same way as Borges. Not a sportswriter, but a person that writes about politics there by the name of Joan Vennochi; here's her article:

Patriots' bad call - Boston.com

And here is a nice little rebuttal by NESN's Michael Hurley:

Patriots 'Walk Away From Myra Kraft's Legacy' by Signing Albert Haynesworth, Says Boston Globe Columnist Joan Vennochi - NESN.com

Vennochio uses the team's 1996 decision to relinquish draft pick Christian Peter due to his alleged violence toward women to say that the team has now lost its way. She then uses Haynesworth's history of late hits on quarterbacks that drew NFL fines to make the claim that Haynesworth is a violent person.

While Haynesworth's off-field rap sheet is undeniable, using on-field penalties to build this case is undeniably flimsy, as fines are handed out to several players just about every week. Certainly, they're not all immoral human beings.

"In a Super Bowl crazed society, the ability to score points in a game takes precedence over decent behavior, no matter who is trampled, on or off the field," Vennochi wrote. "Problem players like [Ben] Roethlisberger are worthy of redemption as long as they lead a team to the promised land. Even the Patriots started taking on bad boys like Randy Moss."

There may be few who would argue that Haynesworth is a man of high moral character, but using the beliefs of a highly regarded woman who was laid to rest just 12 days ago isn't the most respectful way to make a point.

Game, set and match to Hurley.

Borges is full of envy. He figured BB would talk to him like an insider like earlier Patriots Coaches and GM's. But no. So the childish Borges has been on a life and death march to smear BB. The fact BB hasn't changed, and has 3 SB rings here to add to the two he already had shows how successful Borges has been.

From his ripping of the draft of Seymour (instead of that all time great Tyrell) until the end of his reign at the Globe I wrote dozens of emails to the Ombudsman and Sports Editor to try and get this hack fired. Obviously no dice.

he's a childish self absorbed tool. He really can't help himself. Don't feed the troll (I didn't actually read the article, just the reactions here).

Back to the original topic - no, not Ron Borges, but whether or not the Patriots have lost their way, that the 'Patriot Way went wayward'.

Apparently someone from the Boston Globe feels the same way as Borges. Not a sportswriter, but a person that writes about politics there by the name of Joan Vennochi; here's her article:

Patriots' bad call - Boston.com

And here is a nice little rebuttal by NESN's Michael Hurley:

Patriots 'Walk Away From Myra Kraft's Legacy' by Signing Albert Haynesworth, Says Boston Globe Columnist Joan Vennochi - NESN.com

Game, set and match to Hurley.

Well done Michael. But then Joan is not known for being a rational, logical thinker. Her typical toss of the emotional card just backfired on her.

yeah...uh Joan...try the veal....I'm here all week, folks...

Borg-ass fails to note that "The Patriot Way" is not what the players are before coming to Foxboro, it's what Belichick imposes upon them after they arrive.

Very well-put, but I believe the accepted derogatory nickname is Wrong Borges. (Source: Patsfans Style Book, 2007)

:D

I know you're new, but please read the sticky note on fair use and copyright. The moderators, I'm sure, will get to this, but as a long-time member I don't want to see Ian get in trouble with the Herald.

What an effin' joke it is that Ian could get in trouble with the Herald.

1) John Tomase was allowed to publish an unsubtantiated, headline grabbing story that was proved to be false.

2) Ron Borges was FIRED from the Globe for plagerism

3) Ron Borges beats up an old man in a wheelchair at some boxing event.

Seriously, what kind of joke is this policy....and what kind of a joke is it for Borges to talk about questionable behavior?

Boston Media, for the most part, SUCK.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Back