Borges' source on AD: Marvin Lewis

Status
Not open for further replies.

pats1

PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm

BORGES' SOURCE WAS MARVIN?

A league source tells us that the unnamed AFC North executive who rattled off a laundry list of concerns regarding linebacker Adalius Thomas (scroll down for more) most likely was Bengals coach Marvin Lewis.

Per the source, Lewis has been sharing similar if not identical concerns regarding Thomas to others.

And just because Lewis has those opinions doesn't mean that those opinions are valid. Perhaps Lewis would have tried to sign Thomas in Cincy if the Bengals weren't brushing up (uncharacteristically) against the salary cap.

Last edited:
Marvin dislikes ADT because he doesn't have enough criminal convictions. between the Bungles and the Birds they could put on their own live performance of The Longest Yard.

Doesn't Lewis have bigger problems than worrying about a player on another team and talking to Borges all night? What a tool. Why don't you figure out which 1st rounder you can draft that will be in jail before training camp opens.

I hope it's true. For all the talk of Lewis being a great defensive coach, he hasn't shown anything since coming to the Bengals on that side of the ball. I guess you could say he's stabilized things since taking over (three 8-8 seasons and one 11-5 playoff season), but let's face it--the bar was pretty dang low.

Yeah, Adalius has a laundry list of problems, but I can't believe that Lewis wouldn't want him if he had the cap room.

Well one of the big examples they used was how he did against the Patriots - I guess Belichick wasn't watching that game. I'll take Belichick's judgement on who fits into his defense more than Lewis' judgement.

I'd like to know how many telephone calls Borges made before he found someone to say anything bad about the deal.

I should read what I post before I hit submit. To be clear, I'm not saying that Adalius has a "laundry list of problems," just reiterating what PFT was attributing to Lewis.

Baltimore gave up a combined 154 yards against the run in both games against the Bengals this past season. Much ado about nothing.

Doesn't Lewis have bigger problems than worrying about a player on another team and talking to Borges all night? What a tool. Why don't you figure out which 1st rounder you can draft that will be in jail before training camp opens.

:rofl: Your redeeming yourself SWelker. Nizz post was pretty funny, but this about nails it.

I think Adalius may have found a little extra motivation for the NE-Cinn game this year................................

So who was the source to the source?

Even if Lewis is a reputable source, id indeed he really was the source, what do we know of the reputation of the source who sourced the source?

I don't consider the rumour mill to be a reputable source so if they say they have a source who said that Lewis was the source I have to question it since I don't trust one source and don't know who the source that said Lewis was a source was, if indeed such a source actually exists.

I haven't seen Thomas play enough to know if the concerns in the story are legitimate. But every player has strengths and weaknesses. And BB's rep is putting players in position to use thier strengths and hide thier weaknesses. He'll likely do so again. Ray Lewis doesn't play so well if he doesn't have 2 good DT's in front of him and complained about that himself a couple of years ago.

So who was the source to the source?

Even if Lewis is a reputable source, id indeed he really was the source, what do we know of the reputation of the source who sourced the source?

I don't consider the rumour mill to be a reputable source so if they say they have a source who said that Lewis was the source I have to question it since I don't trust one source and don't know who the source that said Lewis was a source was, if indeed such a source actually exists.

Don't consider it a Rumor Mill.

Do you read PFT often? (As in, do you visit it more than 10 times a day?)

im sure that lewis would have wanted to sign thomas if:
a. he had a criminal record
b. he enjoyed drunk driving
c. he beat his wife
d. he puked out a window while a drunk teammate drove
e. he had the recipe for "purple drank"
f. all of the above plus more

this would be a reliable source if he never left the ravens and wasnt currently coaching the nfls version of "the longest yard":rocker:

BORGES' SOURCE WAS MARVIN?

A league source tells us that the unnamed AFC North executive who rattled off a laundry list of concerns regarding linebacker Adalius Thomas (scroll down for more) most likely was Bengals coach Marvin Lewis.

Per the source, Lewis has been sharing similar if not identical concerns regarding Thomas to others.

And just because Lewis has those opinions doesn't mean that those opinions are valid. Perhaps Lewis would have tried to sign Thomas in Cincy if the Bengals weren't brushing up (uncharacteristically) against the salary cap.

You have to read garbagemill posts very carefully.

Apparently this unknown source had no actual information.

Most likely??? What does that mean? Either he has information or he doesn't and most likely means he doesn't.

Back on the garbage heap.

Yeah, that was most likely Elvis I saw at the 7-11, I didn't get a good look.:D

Last edited:
Last night,I read the write up on AD in the PFW 2000 draft guide. One of the "negitives" was that he did not seem to like to seal the edge or take on blockers.

Now that was 7 years ago. I'm sure tha BB watched every play of AD's entire pro carrer before making him an offer.

In that same draft guide the "negitives" on a QB named Brady was that he was too skinny and might not be able to take an NFL pounding.

BTW, I had Brady marked down as a 5th rounder for the Patriots.:rocker:

Not sure how Lewis has the time to talk with Ron Borges, I am pretty confident that this weekend BB and crew have been pretty focused trying to wrap up these initial deals. Maybe that is the problem, while our crew has remained focused, Lewis is aloof and talking to Borges about what other teams are doing and about ex players.

I think Adalius may have found a little extra motivation for the NE-Cinn game this year................................

I hope that is the case....We all always like to hear all the talk against us....Then beat them down,then talk....:rocker: :rocker:

Marvin Lewis HAS TO BE one of the most OVERRATED HCs in the league. Given the talent on his team, they have CONSISTANTLY Under acheived. Eventually they are going to figure out that its not the talent on the team, ITS THE COACH. To have a team that's viewed as the thug capital of the NFL reflects DIRECTLY on the coach, and basically he's done little to correct it. I had great hopes for Lewis, but after 4 years, to miss the playoffs in 3 of the last four years is just WRONG. Bad Leadership, but I bet his players "love: him. :rolleyes: I can't understand why this guy keeps getting a pass from the media.

Don't consider it a Rumor Mill.

Do you read PFT often? (As in, do you visit it more than 10 times a day?)

I try to track down these stories and read it then. I don't believe it has any credibility, so I would not read it if people did't use it as a source.

PATS1, our opinions of what constitutes a reputable source are so far apart it isn't really worth pursuing.

As another poster mentioned, I don't consider ESPN a very reputable source based on their history.

I respect you as a poster and we're never going to see eye to eye on this issue so I'd just as soon drop it.

I'm an old guy and journalism in general has lowered standards tremendously IMO.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey