PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Borges on WEEI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pathetic that those guys are considered celebrities in these parts. :rolleyes:

Even more pathetic is Borges' surly, gruff, bitter attitude.

More pathetic still is that this is the guy who controls the Hall of Fame ballot for New England ...

All these threads complaining about what a bunghole he is are in fact giving him exactly what he wants. He knows threads like this equal job security.

One part that was funny today was Ordway saying to Borges that most media reports are one sided. that being info from one source ... Ron tried not to touch it. Then he went along with it a bit and then backtracked to imply that reporters always try to get both sides but usually only get one side at a time. ordway stuck to his guns and Borges retreated on the issue when Ordway implied that Ron's stories always seemed to be from one source ... a bitter source.

He lost a "natural charisma" contest to Al Gore.

gather round, here is some dope for you...

Borges was a great boxing writer back in the day, he used to box a bit, and go to the gym to hit the bag.

Borges was used to intimate access with Parcells who unlike BB likes to have someone around to admire his brilliance. When BB came in he treated Borges like anyone else - kept at a distance. Borges got his nose out of joint and would harangue anyone unfortunate enough to be around about what a douche bag and moron BB is. Of course in the 2001-2008 time frame Borges has precious little audience.

borges is the genius that came up with criticism (harsh) over BB taking Seymour instead of Tyrell. He had dozens more. I waged war for months complete with dozens of posts with the Globe Ombusman in the 2003-2004 time frame about Borges manifest unfairness and axe grinding. It got nowhere.

I had the joyful experience of meeting him at a gathering around '06. He was alternating between bully, primping child, and show off. I hated him instantly. And yes I listened to the first 45 minutes of that show today, and Borges is a detestable jerk.

All these threads complaining about what a bunghole he is are in fact giving him exactly what he wants. He knows threads like this equal job security.

Maybe not. Don't support the advertising dollars, and contact the outlet and tell them you won't support them or the advertisers until he is canned. Don't laugh it works if enough people do it.

Conversely the more rope you give a big mouth the more you are likely to see him hang himself. Power corrupts.

Honestly, I'm not as down on the Big Show as many around here. I prefer Dale and Holley, but the Big Show is tolerable most days.

But when they have Borges and Numy on there... in the words of Patton Oswalt, "it is UNLISTENABLE RADIO!"

To quote a former president, Ron Borges is a major league a-hole.

Give me Planet Mikey any day.

Shocking he still even has a job after all the stuff he has pulled. More suprising that people still read and watch his work. The Herald and Globe are a bunch of hacks with no dignity or backbone. I could go on, but why? Everyone already knows why they suck so bad.

Why is it that I have a hard time thinking Borges could engage in the sweet science? Sure, he may know a bit, but a dude that looks like a strung out dope feind hardly strikes me as a pugilist. There's nothing agile about him, mentally and physically, and I'm willing to bet that the last time he experienced a 1-1-2-3-4-3 he was a recipient and it was delivered by a destitute barfly.

Usually do not listen to the sports folks after 2 PM, between Felger/Mazz and Ordway and his chorus of overtalkers.. about had it.

Listen to 98.5 in the early show, then switch to Arnold/Holley..

Borges is an attention driven whore, who has little to offer except the expected denigration of Bill Belichick...

Of course in the 2001-2008 time frame Borges has precious little audience.

Over the last several months, however, you can pick out the members of this board that would probably represent his captive audience.

borges is the genius that came up with criticism (harsh) over BB taking Seymour instead of Tyrell.

Don't forget Matt Light instead of Robert Ferguson.

I don't think this relationship will last the season. Borges struggles with confrontation. He doesn't mind playing the role, as long as it's a game and not reality. Yesterday he was having a melt down because Ordway was pointing out his inconsistency from the prior week in arguing with Neumy. He boldly retorted he was not on that particular program with Neumy, Ordway must be the confused one since he was apparently confusing him with Fred. Neumy of course was chuckling because he hasn't been on with Fred since their little hall confrontation a year ago... But Borgie kept insisting. So Ordway had them check the logs and sure enough, Borges and Neumy were in fact in last Wednesday. Confronted with that reality, Borges starts cackling well, it wasn't Fred was it...was it... Now Ordway starts saying to the rest of the crew am I having a mental breakdown here or what... Borges never did own he was wr...wr...wrong before I got out of the car...LOL

Does Borges have ANY credibility left? How can anyone put any credence into what this guy says or writes? He's likely the most personal agenda-driven writer I've ever read, and he's even worse on TV. Shame on WEEI for bringing this guy back and putting him on the air. I guess they figured they needed to "spice" things up now that they have competition. Here's an idea, have Borges on when Ordway, Smerlas, and DeOssie interview Belichick.... :D

Back in the days of yester year, (early-mid nineties) when the printed word was still king, when i read the thoughts of sports writers in a News Paper, and not on the radio or TV. I thought Borges was one of the more objective voices in the media regarding the pats. I had no idea what an abject fool he was/is. With the advent of sports radio, tv shows and the internet Borges has exposed himself for the petty grudge carrying azz hole that he is. It should be obvious to all by now that he has a personal dislike for BB. He has no credibility left and shouldn't be given a platform such as the Big show to continue his agenda of misinformation and venom

Last edited:
Today his in print piece is a continuation of his agenda yesterday, defense wins championships. Sadly, as Ordway attempted to point out to him yesterday, stats don't back up his claim even though off the cuff he claims they do. His line of demarcation today is points scored. Last year 20th ranked NO trumped 8th ranked Indy. #1 ranked Pittsburgh trumped 28th ranked AZ in 08, but AZ got there... In '07 the 4th ranked D couldn't stop the NFC team with the 17th ranked D by points allowed... In '06 the 3rd ranked Bears D couldn't prevail over the Colts 23rd ranked D...

Teamwork and execution in all three phases of the game wins championships.

Maybe not. Don't support the advertising dollars, and contact the outlet and tell them you won't support them or the advertisers until he is canned. Don't laugh it works if enough people do it.

Conversely the more rope you give a big mouth the more you are likely to see him hang himself. Power corrupts.
Borges will be employed so long as he draws listeners, viewers and readers to his various media outlets. Threads like this, which draw more and more attention to the guy, only serve to further that end.

When Borges sees people talking about him online - even in a very derogatory manner - he laughs all the way to the bank.

Borges will be employed so long as he draws listeners, viewers and readers to his various media outlets. Threads like this, which draw more and more attention to the guy, only serve to further that end.

When Borges sees people talking about him online - even in a very derogatory manner - he laughs all the way to the bank.
Your right wolfie, but i wonder if at a certain point people just get tired of the whole act. At some point it old and tired, everyone knows what hes going to say. I heard Holley of D+H say on the radio this morning that Borges was arguing yesterday if it was Wednesday or Thursday. That how did Ordway know for sure what time it was, the clock could be wrong. Holley said he couldn't deal with Borges if he was in studio with him, that Borges was a Blankity blank. I think eventually the audience will start to feel the same way. Borges has kept a low profile since he was fired from the globe for plagiarism, and for some reason the local media is trying to rehabilitate him....it ain't working.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes