PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Borges on WEEI

Status
Not open for further replies.

ivanvamp

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
I'm listening to WEEI right now with Ordway, Neumeir, and Borges. My goodness, is Borges always this big a jerk? I know he doesn't seem to like the Pats, which is fine with me, but man, all the guy does is yell and scream and act like a big douche.

Is this the way he is in real life or is this just his media personality?

From all reports, that's just who Borges is. He's the only local media guy I hate more than Felger, and it's not even close.

according to peter king this is what borges wrote last week

"Take away the Patriots from Bill Belichick and what is he? A gym teacher with better jewelry, no disrespect to gym teachers intended.''
-- Ron Borges, columnist for the Boston Herald, in a scathing column critical of Belichick for trading Randy Moss.

Read more: Tampa Bay reaching 3-1, Brett Favre under investigation par for season in 2010 - Peter King - SI.com
that should be enough to tell you to not listen or read him anymore...

I'm listening to WEEI right now with Ordway, Neumeir, and Borges. My goodness, is Borges always this big a jerk? I know he doesn't seem to like the Pats, which is fine with me, but man, all the guy does is yell and scream and act like a big douche.

Remember, Borges is the guy who hit a 60 something year old reporter who wears a neck brace and walks with a cane...

Not to mention he is a plagiarist and bold-faced liar.

So, in short, yes, Borges has always been as you describe.

according to peter king this is what borges wrote last week

that should be enough to tell you to not listen or read him anymore...

Wow. I mean, the guy, before the Patriots, was one of the best assistant coaches in league history and did lead an NFL franchise to the playoffs (with Cleveland).

A glorified gym teacher? Wow. Just wow.

I heard some strange background noise...Was Borges punching out another cripple?

Honestly, I'm not as down on the Big Show as many around here. I prefer Dale and Holley, but the Big Show is tolerable most days.

But when they have Borges and Numy on there... in the words of Patton Oswalt, "it is UNLISTENABLE RADIO!"

Yeah, he hates BB and the Pats.

I think he was fair with the Pats until Bill Parcells left and really got negative with them when Drew got traded.

If I remember correctly he was a pretty good boxing writer back in the day.

Honestly, I'm not as down on the Big Show as many around here. I prefer Dale and Holley, but the Big Show is tolerable most days.

But when they have Borges and Numy on there... in the words of Patton Oswalt, "it is UNLISTENABLE RADIO!"

Dale give's me twitching spasms!

Borges is like one of Big Show's moron celebrity callers (Dakota from Braintree or Steve from Fall River) who gets to guess host. He is only there to say stupid things so Ordway can berate him and look smart because it is easy to shoot down Borges' contrarian logic that has Moon sized holes in the logic.

He is like that in real life. I have run into him a couple times and he is not a nice human being.

Borges is like one of Big Show's moron celebrity callers (Dakota from Braintree or Steve from Fall River) .

Pathetic that those guys are considered celebrities in these parts. :rolleyes:

Even more pathetic is Borges' surly, gruff, bitter attitude.

I wrote once to the Globe pointing out that Borges was almost surely lying in one story and unprofessionally wrong in another. The ombudsman wrote back thanking me for being so civil in my criticism. :)

For the record, the lie was when he claimed multiple sources said something that was obviously wrong. (One of the revolving door RTs being ditched for not being a guy BB brought in, when in fact he was -- I forget now whether it was GRR or Jones.) One source might have had a brain cramp; multiple ones surely would not have.

The other error was that he didn't know Graham's nickname was Grahambo, reporting it instead as a straight random "Rambo" reference. :)

Last edited:
Since he's apparently going to be on weekly, the mods might as well just make this a stickie.

I wrote once to the Globe pointing out that Borges was almost surely lying in one story and unprofessionally wrong in another. The ombudsman wrote back thanking me for being so civil in my criticism. :)

For the record, the lie was when he claimed multiple sources said something that was obviously wrong. (One of the revolving door RTs being ditched for not being a guy BB brought in, when in fact he was -- I forget now whether it was GRR or Jones.) One source might have had a brain cramp; multiple ones surely would not have.

The other error was that he didn't know Graham's nickname was Grahambo, reporting it instead as a straight random "Rambo" reference. :)

Good memory on the Borges lie. There have been a ton of times where he says several sources told me, that you KNOW are BS. However, I never got off my butt and informed his bosses like you did. Well done, and thanks for posting.

Phisohex and a tetanus shot are requirements for anyone within 10 ft of Perv Borgie.

The desire to call in and light him up like a christmas tree is almost enough temptation to listen to EEI.

The desire to call in and light him up like a christmas tree is almost enough temptation to listen to EEI.

If it wasn't for the static.....and the yelling....and the ignorance

If it wasn't for the static.....and the yelling....and the ignorance

...and the pandering, and the playing to the LCD, and the fact that I have opposable thumbs...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes