PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Borges - like a morning dump.

Status
Not open for further replies.

CrazyDave

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
But not as enjoyable. "15 of the 16 AFC coaches blah blah blah..."

While it cetainly is not by design (although Borges might think it is), the fact that BB drives these guys nuts and frustrates the hell out them is awesome.

BB has more important things to do than cater to sportwriters, namely, putting together a winning football team. Last time I checked, BB does that better than all the rest and I do hope he stays here for a good long time.

New Borges Slogan:

Borges - Like a morning dump. Smells just as bad, but not quite as enjoyable.

JJDChE said:
New Borges Slogan:

Borges - Like a morning dump. Smells just as bad, but not quite as enjoyable.

Ron admits to bringings eggs for Bill but ended up eating them
himself. Says they were good. :rofl:

LMAO, he rips on Belichick and has a whole article praising Mangini. Maybe we kept the wrong HC :rolleyes:

BelichickFan said:
LMAO, he rips on Belichick and has a whole article praising Mangini. Maybe we kept the wrong HC :rolleyes:
This guy takes suckiness to a bold new level each and every time he writes.
The sky's the limit.

Let's see if he is as indignant when Parcell's doesnt show up for it.

Until they award the Lombardi at the very end of every season, perception is reality in the NFL where the media is concerned. When he faced the NY media in Febuary looking like a deer in the headlights, Eric was perceived as an overmatched young gun who probably bit off more than he could chew. 6 weeks later after the new CBA helped bail them out of cap hell and Eric's FO pal engineered a bloodless coup giving birth to Tangini, Eric has morphed into young Theo.

He has no viable QB although he has two on the roster who won't be above a controversy, he had to trade his pro bowl DE for a draft pick, he let Mawae go and then lost out on Runyon, he retained an aging RB around which he must fashion a temporary core, he assembled a coaching staff from a short list of guys who would even take a job with the JETS.

But yesterday he earned the respect of the savvy football media because he spent an hour evading their questions. We should be about as impressed with the JETS going forward as we were with the Donahoe era Bills.

BTW - I get a real kick out of Eric lumping himself in with Bill and Romeo and Al and Scott on all these former staffs - as opposed to the other young gophers. I think there is just a touch of impatient ego there, which is probably why he is now the youngest HC in a league at the helm of the only team in the NFL who rents space in another teams stadium and one long mired in mismanagement.

fgssand said:
While it cetainly is not by design (although Borges might think it is), the fact that BB drives these guys nuts and frustrates the hell out them is awesome.
The thing that cracks me up the most is that Borges treated Belichick's predecessor in NE, Pete Carroll, with just as much scorn and contempt (if not more). Remember that famous fight they had during a press conference..? IIRC, it was Borges asking a question about the performance of Willie McGinest. Actually, it wasn't much of a fight... it was more like Borges dressing down Carroll who sat there like a wimp and took it.

Another thing that cracks me up about Borges is just how WRONG he is about things. I mean, it's ridiculously laughable. Submitted for your disapproval:

"If you didn't know better, you'd think the Jets sent Bill Belichick north
to destroy the Patriots from within. (When) they could have had
impact players David Terrell or Koren Robinson or the second-best tackle in
the draft in Kenyatta Walker, they took Georgia defensive tackle Richard
Seymour, (who is) too tall to play tackle at 6-6 and too slow to play defensive end." - Ron Borges, April 2001

re

Can we all agree not to link to Borges anymore?

Whenever people click on his articles, the Globe tracks his readership, so it ends up helping him.

Let's keep linking to writers we enjoy reading and want to support, in order to increase their readership.

QuiGon said:
Seymour, (who is) too tall to play tackle at 6-6 and too slow to play defensive end." - Ron Borges, April 2001
Priceless!

Curran on EEI had a great line about Borges and his complaining that BB wasn't at the media breakfast: "If he(Borges) was so worried about talking to Belichick he could show up Gillette more than 3 times a year. BB is down thier every day."

Thought that was a telling jab.

QuiGon said:

This quote is awesome... pretty much sums up Ron "Morning dump" Borges

That quote has "sig" written all over it. lol

I think it may be interesting to collect a whole slew of wrongs quotes...and to amass them...I remember the really poor article he write when Wilfork was drafted...two years ago. Not only was he totally wrong about his analysis...that said Wilfork and Watson..were making up for the mistakes of Warren and Graham, but he didn't even stick around long wnough for one of the later picks that Saturday. Basically, I find him a lazy blowhard who apparently had too many knocks on his head covering boxing.

QuiGon said:
The thing that cracks me up the most is that Borges treated Belichick's predecessor in NE, Pete Carroll, with just as much scorn and contempt (if not more). Remember that famous fight they had during a press conference..? IIRC, it was Borges asking a question about the performance of Willie McGinest. Actually, it wasn't much of a fight... it was more like Borges dressing down Carroll who sat there like a wimp and took it.

Another thing that cracks me up about Borges is just how WRONG he is about things. I mean, it's ridiculously laughable. Submitted for your disapproval:

WOW - I do remember actually feeling bad for Pete Carroll after that interview. He had no right to disrespect the guy like that, none whatsoever. Remember how he used to be all over the Sullivans and we all thought it was because of his true love - AL Davis from his Raider days??

No wonder the young writers in this town have no chance, they follow their leaders like Cafardo & Borges. Mike Reiss, please, do not let yourself be Borgesized.

Was it a "one-wipe delight?" :eek:

The part of this story that somehow gets lost is Belichick went for the photo...probably to please Kraft...make him look good. So, let's face it...if not for the photo...he would not have even made the trip.

Be happy Ron...BTW...we will frame the picture for your Commode Office.

It's been done

Pats726 said:
I think it may be interesting to collect a whole slew of wrongs quotes...and to amass them...I remember the really poor article he write when Wilfork was drafted...two years ago. Not only was he totally wrong about his analysis...that said Wilfork and Watson..were making up for the mistakes of Warren and Graham, but he didn't even stick around long wnough for one of the later picks that Saturday. Basically, I find him a lazy blowhard who apparently had too many knocks on his head covering boxing.

WEEI did something like that the other day when they had a spoof segment pushing an imaginary book by Borges trying to nail BB. It was titled "Kill Bill Vol 1-48" and listed most of the assinine things wrong has mouthed about the Pats over the years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes