PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Borges is back.... and at it again! [merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Borges is back.... and at it again!

I don't know why the Globe continues to have this guy write about Patriots football when his hatred fro BB is well documented.

Even "columnist" need to have an unbiased reputation in order to make them credible.

So, he's back and so is the little guy expressing his feelings toward Borges.

Shell's comments just seem bitter to me. He knows if Moss does well here that it makes himself look like that much worse of a coach.

IMO, this was a very fair article, and a good read. Moss didn't have a good 2006 season. In fact, it was pretty awful. However, there were several factors at play. Including the absolute ineptitude of Art Shell and Tom Walsh, which is why they're speaking with Borges as coaches without jobs. Only Moss can prove who is right and who is wrong. At least the Pats are getting someone who will have a gigantic chip on his shoulder given the number of doubters. The last time Moss truly had a chip on his shoulder was his rookie season...

Last edited:

I don't know why the Globe continues to have this guy write about Patriots football when his hatred fro BB is well documented.

Even "columnist" need to have an unbiased reputation in order to make them credible.

So, he's back and so is the little guy expressing his feelings toward Borges.

Yeah i would say he deserves to be pissed on for the rest of the year :rocker: , like that a@@ has the right to be talking about Randy's body of work when he is a known cheating hack at his!

I haven't forgotten how Borges runs hot and cold on the Patriots and on the quality and independence of his work. This shows me that when he puts his mind and his heart to work, he writes and researches as well and thoroughly as any reporter in the business. When he wants to loaf and let others do the work or when he gets bitter and blames the coach and the owner, he is among the very worst.

Today, Borges had a great game, he helped his paper and entertained the fans. What will next week be like? Will he run a 9 route when he's told to run a 6?

Last edited:

Today, Borges had a great game, he helped his paper and entertained the fans. What will next week be like? Will he run a 9 route when he's told to run a 6?

Awesome.

When I saw that the Globe gave Borges the Plagiarizer/liar a full page, I threw the paper back on the store's pile and picked up the Herald. Sorry Reiss, guess I'll just have to catch your stuff from my fellow board members or on-line only! The Globe is dead to me!!!!!

Personally, I'm thrilled Moss had such a lousy season in Oakland. We could have never gotten him for a fourth rounder if he hadn't played poorly. I definitely do not believe it will be repeated here. But there's little else to write about now, so this article is unsurprising. I'm sure these will all be used as great extra motivators for Moss.

So write on, "journalists". Write on.

Anybody think the Shell hiring was just a "tanking" move by Al Davis. Art did absolutely nothing to help his team win. Did anyone watch a Raiders game this past season. I am convinced that the hiring of a wash-up inferior ex-coach was made to put the Raiders in the position to get the highest draft pick possible. And it worked.

Would you be frustrated if you played on this team? With no chance to win, with the front office giving you no chance to win. I'm not surprised Moss "took the season off". I couldn't blame him.

Anybody think the Shell hiring was just a "tanking" move by Al Davis. Art did absolutely nothing to help his team win. Did anyone watch a Raiders game this past season. I am convinced that the hiring of a wash-up inferior ex-coach was made to put the Raiders in the position to get the highest draft pick possible. And it worked.

I agree. As a Raider hater, I thoroughly enjoyed watching Shell standing on the sidelines with an expressionless, slightly ******ed look on his face while his team completely self-destructed with stupid turnovers, countless penalties, and continuous mental lapses. If anybody ever needed to run a clinic on how NOT to coach football, that would be a perfect example.

Last edited:

I'm still very excited to see Moss join the Patriots (see sig.) but this article contains the kind of skepticism that also needs a hearing.

It showed Borges doing what he does best -- being a beat reporter for the Raiders.

I agree with all of this and LOL! Bravo, Mike Brit.

Honestly, I think Al Davis is too old to want to toss away a whole season. My bet is just on good old-fashioned organizational ineptitude.

I haven't forgotten how Borges runs hot and cold on the Patriots and on the quality and independence of his work. This shows me that when he puts his mind and his heart to work, he writes and researches as well and thoroughly as any reporter in the business. When he wants to loaf and let others do the work or when he gets bitter and blames the coach and the owner, he is among the very worst.

Perfection.

It wasnt that bad of an article. I read it in the Globe this morning. He could have been negative and worse but he wasnt.

Haven't read it.
Don't. Won't.
Did read these posts.

As PonyExpress memorably termed him,
The Plagiarizing Pugilist.

Can someone post the last few pages of the article, please? I am not a registered Globe user apparently.

Re: Borges on Moss: Divided they stand

Yeah, those were some strong quotes from Shell and Walsh.

Yet, they still wonder why they got canned. In their eyes, it wasn't their fault.

Yeah, those were some strong quotes from Shell and Walsh.
The two guys whose offensive practices were called "junior high" level practives by Pasquarelli around draft time. At one practive he attended there was sometimes 5 minutes between PLAYS in a totally disorganized mess. And this was in training camp, it's hardly surprising Moss didn't give a sh!t.

Maybe Borges read the beginning of "A Tale of Two Cities" while he was in plagiarism jail, and decided he couldn't very well just reprint the whole first paragraph (although someone did that with only minor alterations just last season, if memory serves...)

And so, the long climb back to respectability begins: the saying all the right things, the drinking the kool-aid, the attention to work habits that would have served him better before, rather than after, his fall from grace...

Sorry, not talking about Moss here, still talking about Borges.

PFnV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes