Borges has ingested the Kool Aid...

Status
Not open for further replies.

DarrylS

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
The first article that I have ever read by Ronnie, that does not even give an iota of negativity towards BB.. I know it will not last, but a pretty good take on the draft..

Patriots gamble wisely on draft picks - BostonHerald.com

If we look at several top 100 lists from NFL teams what we do know is this: The Patriots got six such players, Miami and Buffalo four and the Jets two. Plus the Pats added two 2010 second-round picks, meaning they have four of the top 64 picks as things presently stand next year.

We may not know today how any of these guys will turn out but we know this - the Patriots came away with the best odds of success and when you’re gambling on the unknown that’s what you’re looking for.

Last edited:
Re: Borges has ingested the Kool Aid..

Yes indeed. Surprising as all get out. The Ronster usually tries to slip the knife in somewhere but this time he's actually objective without all the editorializing.

Amazing :eek:

He must be planning some serious hit piece down the road......

The first article that I have ever read by Ronnie, that does not even give an iota of negativity towards BB.. I know it will not last, but a pretty good take on the draft..

Patriots gamble wisely on draft picks - BostonHerald.com

It's a pattern. We'll be underpaying some essential player soon, don't worry.

Was a good, insightful column though. I imagine eve Borges is a little gun shy about criticizing BB's drafts, considering he has enough laughable quotes already to fill an Encyclopedia.

Yes indeed. Surprising as all get out. The Ronster usually tries to slip the knife in somewhere but this time he's actually objective without all the editorializing.

There you go.

Let's hope it's a warmup to a really really bad piece. If this is the new Wrong Borges, we can kiss the dynasty goodbye... two things are eternal: The Pats are super bowl contenders, and Borges is Wrong. This may be a devious attempt at manipulative magic. :D

Let's hope it's a warmup to a really really bad piece. If this is the new Wrong Borges, we can kiss the dynasty goodbye... two things are eternal: The Pats are super bowl contenders, and Borges is Wrong. This may be a devious attempt at manipulative magic. :D

Yup. You know something's up when the Boston press starts saying good things about your team. :cool:

In fairness to Borges, he has written his share of pro-Patriots pieces in recent years. He just still loves to be the contrarian. He also allows his hatred for Belichick to seep through into his articles far too much.

Jackson and the "gambles" looked to me like knifes...although I think they didn't cut too deep.

Every city has their..."players good/management" bad reporters. They position themselves to gain access with the players and are used as a vehicle for players/agents to vent. Players love these guys and use these guys to spin their case. Borges was the guy during the Bledsoe era. Here in South Florida, Dan Lebetard is the players' choice. He spews the typical ...."coaches are only geniuses when they have talent". Can't tell you how many times he refers to BB's Cleveland years with disdain.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down