PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Borges blathers about Brady contract status

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd like to see a huge public boycott of anyone that hires Borges and of any company that advertises products any any newspaper/radio station that hires him.

Re: Borges misinforms his readers about Brady's contract detailstatus

I would submit that the first Patriots superbowl, the second Steeler superbowl, the Giants superbowl, and the Colts superbowl are not good examples to prove anything about how to build a superior team.

The first Patriots SB and the Giants SB did show that superior coaching can shift the balance if the opposing coach do not make half-time adjustments.

I was not using my examples to prove anything about how to build a superior team. I was using them to prove that signing a player to a market-level contract did not end up spiting PM and Big Ben in their faces.

I think that's a great take. Assuming that the "real" Tom Brady returns and is in his old form by week six or so, I think it will be in everyone's best interests to get a deal done as soon as possible.

I don't think they have any qualms about the real Tom Brady returning. If they did the real Matt Cassel would still be here...

The holdup has more to do with this team being fairly conservative when it comes to it's long term dealings and they are facing uncertainty via the CBA. Right now they don't have the cap space to extend any of their impending FA easily. Brady has a lot of amortization left to deal with because of the restructures they did on his deal to make space over the last couple of seasons. It's very difficult under the rules of an expiring CBA to structure contracts that could be cap friendly if one remains, and I think it will under a new CBA, when you have a couple of years left with earlier amortization impacting them. And you can't go to the low initial salary formula to offset the new amortization because of the 30% rule. Any contingency you tried to negotiate into a deal would likely be seen as an attempt to circumvent the current CBA and therefore get disapproved by the Executive Council that reviews all contracts for CBA compliance.

BTW here in NE one of the things Brady respects is this FO has always walked the walk. BB is not the highest paid coach in the league. Pioli was never nearly the highest paid GM. The kinship Brady feels with them and the Krafts is they are willing to make personal sacrifices in the persuit of rings. He won't hold them up over timing. He knows they are doing what they feel is the best they can do under the circumstances. Fielding a winning team is is the best they can do. There is a reason Kraft can say Tom is the best in the game and not worry that it will cost him at the negotiation table. This is Brady's team, too. He ain't going anywhere let alone over hurt feelings or a few bucks.

I'm surprised nobody called his idiocy on using his wife as a reason for getting more money- that whole story about her demanding Euros instead of dollars for a fashion shoot was BOGUS! And refuted over two years ago! And anyone who has followed Brady since day 2001 like him would know for a fact that he keeps his work life separate from his personal life so her money making has ZERO impact on his contract situation and never will!

So Borges uses bad numbers for his comparison...and backs it up with an even worse reasoning that was proven false...yet another shining achievement for the Herald :rolleyes:

Maybe the Herald needs to hire Mike Sando so Borges can write more relevant and factual articles.

oops was that below the belt?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back