PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Borges: Bill Belichick saves dough by piling up low picks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Borges:Bill Belichick saves dough by piling up low picks

Typical elements of a Borges article = good writing + bad analysis.

Neither is present in that one, however.

after an attempt to move up to No. 8 came up flat on Friday,

what?

why did I click that link?

From the headline, I'm guessing it was chance no. 1,000,000 to have a pop at the Pats?

Better and a tad more positive than most..

Off of what he did on the first day of this year’s annual NFL Lottery, maybe Belichick should have been put in charge of handing out the TARP money by President Obama. He would not only have known where all that bailout money went, but he would have made sure it wasn’t wasted on bonuses to guys not all that likely to ever earn them.

No, actually it was a rational analysis of what Bill did to inadvertently piss off that segment of his fanbase that is usually pissed off no matter what he does...and why he did it.

Saving money I thought was a good thing...no??? And value....but somehow going for a value is cheap to some...missing teh point and that saving money in one area like this (while getting needs and players) only means that a team has EXTRA money to spend elsewhere...If that is a negarive....

I hate Borges' writing as much as the next guy but this seems to be a positive article for once. Seems like he's saying that they could have gotten the same talent in the twenties as he did in the thirties and forties while saving the first round money.

Last edited:

To be honest, I don't understand the hatred for Borges... he's a writer. He doesn't work for my favorite football team. Therefore, he doesn't bother me.

From the headline, I'm guessing it was chance no. 1,000,000 to have a pop at the Pats?

No one is lower on Borges than I, but that's a great article and it's positively glowing about Belichick. I think sometimes we tend to assume and project the negative when it's not there, especially with a d-bag like Borges. In this case that's neither fair nor accurate - ditto on a lot of the replies in this thread.

No one is lower on Borges than I, but that's a great article and it's positively glowing about Belichick. I think sometimes we tend to assume and project the negative when it's not there, especially with a d-bag like Borges. In this case that's neither fair nor accurate - ditto on a lot of the replies in this thread.

I did not see any shots at BB or NE there at all.

Nicely writen and 100% true.

Value, talent & depth as opposed to overpaying for less then they got had they stood pat. The two moves combined enabled them to grab 34, 40 & 41 - looks like talent right there in those picks to me. I love Butler, Chung and never even thought of Brace ofr one second, but I sure like what I read.

A Well written and very true article.

Something's wrong with me. I can't seem to read anymore.
I stupidly thought that was a positive article, in fact, quite complimentary of Belichick.

I can't stand Borges either, but there was nothing bad in this article at all. If anything he is giving BB credit for being prudent and getting value for the money in his picks.

Yeah, but does he "like him", or does he "LIKE him like him"?????

Has this thread turned into High School Musical III? :D

Wow! Borges writes a pretty positive piece on the Patriots draft and he still gets bashed for being a Belichick hater.

i think the heading of the article doesnt justify the contents.

Borges was right on the money with this analysis. I haven't been a fan in the past, but I saw no distortion attempts to bend the facts in an axe-grinding mode. More importantly, I interpreted it as a compliment to BB and the Patriots draft planning personnel.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back