PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Borges being Borges, he is able to link a BB Presser to Ray Rice...

Status
Not open for further replies.

DarrylS

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
I know I should not read him, and sympathies are extended to that cute little girl whose puppy died because of my misdeeds... but sometimes his idiocy sucks me in.

This the height of his vitriol... somehow he is able to compare BB not answering a question at a presser to the revelations of Angelo this week and the video of Ray Rice...

But this is classic Borges, who is laced with blind vitriol for BB, because he did not answer a question to his satisfaction... the butthurt over benching Drew never ends..

How Borges continues to get airtime on the local shows is mystifying...

To save you the time.. Putrefaction means: The process of decay or rotting in a body or other organic matter.

Borges: 'Competitive' putrefaction a slippery slope | Boston Herald

The first came when Bill Belichick was asked about the decision to put cornerback Darrelle Revis in man coverage last Sunday against Bengals receiver A.J. Green. For much of the previous four weeks, Revis found himself playing zone more than he’d like, leading some to question his value and skills.

I understand many of the FOBs are sycophants, but do they really believe the Bills have no coach capable of watching game film and knowing what coverage the defense is in, or that they have no access to such film? They might stink in Buffalo, but they aren’t blind.

Just for the hell of it, I decided to read it.

What a nonsensical and emotionally overwrought rant. This is obviously a man who is psychologically damaged by his subject. I can understand it if his editor demanded 'we need 500 words by deadline, come up with ANYTHING'. But there are many OTHER actual stories that he could have dug up this week that would be unflattering to his nemesis Belichick (who probably doesn't spend 2 seconds per year even thinking about Borges).

Even someone who is an adamant Belichick-hater can only come away from reading that piece thinking 'That sportswriter has a severe problem'.

And to link it with Jerry Angelo's very real socially harmful (non)actions is, well, bizarre. Oh yeah sure, not wanting to answer a Buffalo writer's question about strategy for the upcoming game against Buffalo is just like sweeping domestic abuse under the rug for your players while the abuse is still be perpetrated.

He goes through many linguistic twists and turns in his attempt to make a very weak point.

I'm only surprised he didn't trot out the words "correlation" and "causation ". :D

Last edited:
Sorry, but every time Borges, Felger or Shaughnessy appear on my screen I immediately change the channel. Every time...

Sorry, but every time Borges, Felger or Shaughnessy appear on my screen I immediately change the channel. Every time...

As do I usually, but sometimes he sucks me in... and then I realize why I will dismiss him in the future.

Couple of weeks ago tuned in the 6:30 sports report and there he was in all of his resplendent knuckle dragging and drooling glory... I changed the channel quickly.

Last edited:
As do I usually, but sometimes he sucks me in... and then I realize why I will dismiss him in the future.

Couple of weeks ago tuned in the 6:30 sports report and there he was in all of his resplendent arm dragging and drooling glory... I changed the channel quickly.

He was on the boob tube after the Cincy game. He has yellow teeth.

I know I should not read him, and sympathies are extended to that cute little girl whose puppy died because of my misdeeds... but sometimes his idiocy sucks me in.

This the height of his vitriol... somehow he is able to compare BB not answering a question at a presser to the revelations of Angelo this week and the video of Ray Rice...

But this is classic Borges, who is laced with blind vitriol for BB, because he did not answer a question to his satisfaction... the butthurt over benching Drew never ends..

To save you the time.. Putrefaction means: The process of decay or rotting in a body or other organic matter.

http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/columnists/ron_borges/2014/10/borges_competitive_putrefaction
I am not sure if you are aware of this but newspapers track clicks for articles to determine the writer popularity. When you read this article, you are supporting Borges, when you post it on a forum with a link encouraging others to read it you are actually promoting Borges.

If you dislike Borges, you should not read his articles and certainly should not share them with others to read as well.

I am not sure if you are aware of this but newspapers track clicks for articles to determine the writer popularity. When you read this article, you are supporting Borges, when you post it on a forum with a link encouraging others to read it you are actually promoting Borges.

If you dislike Borges, you should not read his articles and certainly should not share them with others to read as well.

Good point and am aware, however sometimes his idiocy cannot go unnoticed... sadly the state of newspapers relies on favorability(how many folks read it) rather than quality.. tabloid america at its finest.

I can honestly say, Ron Borges is an embarrassment to the Portuguese/American community....

Now I ask, has he ever had the guts to question BB at a press conference? I always hear Reiss, Curran, and others ask, but I never once heard Borges.

http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/columnists/ron_borges/2014/10/borges_competitive_putrefaction

By providing a link to his article, you are doing exactly what he wants you to do. You may not be cognizant of it, but you are in fact, doing PR work for him, for free.

I got to the end of the Borges piece and wasn't sure what the point was. Ron Borges can't write an 800-word piece any more. Sad, really. Maybe he should try Haiku - three lines, 17 syllables in a 5/7/5 pattern. An example:

Bitter, losing it,
Ron Borges is an old douchebag
We wish he'd get lost.

Okay Ron, after you finish your apple sauce and put on some clean Depends, you can give it a try.

However stupid and unpleasant Borges is, it is difficult to ignore him, since he is just as much a part of the Patriots story as Tomase was. Incredibly, he not only has a newspaper column, but continues to be the Hall of Fame voter for New England. Which tempts me to look at the article -- or hope that the OP will post something more revealing than the original snippet.

Just for the hell of it, I decided to read it.

What a nonsensical and emotionally overwrought rant. This is obviously a man who is psychologically damaged by his subject. I can understand it if his editor demanded 'we need 500 words by deadline, come up with ANYTHING'. But there are many OTHER actual stories that he could have dug up this week that would be unflattering to his nemesis Belichick (who probably doesn't spend 2 seconds per year even thinking about Borges).

Even someone who is an adamant Belichick-hater can only come away from reading that piece thinking 'That sportswriter has a severe problem'.

And to link it with Jerry Angelo's very real socially harmful (non)actions is, well, bizarre. Oh yeah sure, not wanting to answer a Buffalo writer's question about strategy for the upcoming game against Buffalo is just like sweeping domestic abuse under the rug for your players while the abuse is still be perpetrated.

He goes through many linguistic twists and turns in his attempt to make a very weak point.

I'm only surprised he didn't trot out the words "correlation" and "causation ". :D
Borges is back on the bottle big time...the washed up loser
131224441-man-drinking-alcohol-silhouette-gettyimages.jpg

I agree with B6, Borges should be utterly shunned. Or maybe we should just assign one unlucky poster to monitor his crap and report on some of his more egregious blather. I also think it should be legal on this site to comment on what this waste of flesh writes WITHOUT the need to post the link. His stuff is so bad, and his journalistic ethics in such question there should be an exception of the "link rule" for Borges.

I have no idea WHY he still has a job, let alone why he's allowed to be on TV, where his only purpose is to piss people off. Its been well over a decade since he's had anything original to say. He doesn't go to games, he doesn't go to pressers. He has no contacts within the team or organization. He has shown in BOTH aspects of the media that he has nothing to offer other than his own personal vitriol. In other words he has no business professionally commenting on the New England Patriots.

I think by now the general public shares my feelings. However until we actually attempt to DO something about it we will continue to have to deal with this misanthrope. (BTW- always grateful for the rare opportunity to able to use the terms vitriol, and misanthrope. ;) ). We need to become proactive. Since most of us routinely change the channel when he comes on, Comcast needs to know that, so does NECN, and the Herald.

BTW- Speaking of the Herald. Although it has been commented on a while back that the Globe seemingly has developed an anti-Pats attitude; it's been the Herald recently who has continually "reported" several negative stories that were later proved to be completely false. Where's the outrage?

The 10 or 12 clicks from us don't make a difference. It's better for informed Patriots fans to read it in order to hold him accountable. If no one refutes this kind of junk, it gets accepted as fact. There should be voices out there calling him out on it.

Believe me, he's not making good money from the Herald. In 2014, it's impossible.

BTW- Speaking of the Herald. Although it has been commented on a while back that the Globe seemingly has developed an anti-Pats attitude; it's been the Herald recently who has continually "reported" several negative stories that were later proved to be completely false. Where's the outrage?
I have clicked a herald post just once since Thomases in 2007 (and that was accidental).

I don't read globe much either rather relying on other sources or mostly this site for useful information or sources. :)

I read this last night and just shook my head. I considered commenting about it or starting a thread on the column, but decided not to do so.

Since a thread has been created, here's my two cents.

Borges' has despised Belichick for more than a decade, dating back to his decision to replace Drew Bledsoe with Tom Brady, and then trading Bledose. Allegedly Bledsoe was Borges' source for inside information for what was going on with the Patriots, and once Bledsoe was shipped off to Buffalo, Borges lost the source of exclusive information that was used in his columns. Borges has never been able to recruit another person for that info since, and probably blames Belichick for that as well.

For the column itself, Borges seems to be personally offended that Belichick doesn't want to divulge game plan information, yet at the same time acknowledges why he would not do that. Huh? Does that make any sense?

Borges then comments on Angelo's admission of the NFL doing nothing in regards to domestic violence for decades. In Borges' world Angelo gets a pass because he apologized, but Belichick does not.

Again, huh? Not talking to reporters about a game plan is more heinous than covering up acts of physical violence against people who were not members of the football team?

The final head scratcher is the implication that because Belichick won't talk to reporters about certain things (game planning), then it will with absolute certainty lead to things like covering up violent crimes. Of course he doesn't mention how BB told Hernandez to leave the premises at Gillette before he was arrested, and how quickly AH was cut.

I would say that only Borges could find something that might possibly maybe happen in the future more damning than something that most definitely did occur, but sadly there are others in the media (and specifically in the Boston media) who not only would do the same, but this morning are probably saying to themselves 'why didn't I think of what he (Borges) wrote first'?

To paraphrase Emo Phillips, when they made Borges, they broke the mold....some of it grew back...

I agree with B6, Borges should be utterly shunned. Or maybe we should just assign one unlucky poster to monitor his crap and report on some of his more egregious blather. I also think it should be legal on this site to comment on what this waste of flesh writes WITHOUT the need to post the link. His stuff is so bad, and his journalistic ethics in such question there should be an exception of the "link rule" for Borges.

I have no idea WHY he still has a job, let alone why he's allowed to be on TV, where his only purpose is to piss people off. Its been well over a decade since he's had anything original to say. He doesn't go to games, he doesn't go to pressers. He has no contacts within the team or organization. He has shown in BOTH aspects of the media that he has nothing to offer other than his own personal vitriol. In other words he has no business professionally commenting on the New England Patriots.

I think by now the general public shares my feelings. However until we actually attempt to DO something about it we will continue to have to deal with this misanthrope. (BTW- always grateful for the rare opportunity to able to use the terms vitriol, and misanthrope. ;) ). We need to become proactive. Since most of us routinely change the channel when he comes on, Comcast needs to know that, so does NECN, and the Herald.

Don't worry, Ken. More Patriots fans read you here than read Borges in the shell of a newspaper from which he currently receives 20 cents on the dollar.

I'm surprised Borges didn't link BB to Hitler. I'm sure he's waiting for the next loss to do that.

Seriously, you guys need to stop clicking. It's not about "refuting" him because nobody takes him seriously. Anyone who takes Borges seriously is a nutter, and you can't argue with crazy people; they're ****ing crazy.

It's not about being right or wrong in the media, it's about being loudest and getting attention. Stop feeding the media trolls.

I'll never know because I refuse to read it

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey