Welcome to PatsFans.com

Borat - worth it?

Discussion in 'The PatsFans.com Pub' started by PatsFanInVa, Nov 18, 2006.

1. PatsFanInVa

PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +328 / 6 / -8

Loved the Borat sketches on Ali G. Loved a trailer I saw on YouTube. So, anyone who's seen it -- can you actually watch Borat for a whole feature length movie?

I know it's a huge hit, so I'm pretty much sure to see it... but would love to see reviews.

Post em here!

PFnV
  2. maverick4

maverick4 Banned

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0

Everyone I know seems to love it. But, for me it wore thin about 15 minutes into it. If you love the Ali G and old Borat sketches, like I do, you will be disappointed.

Also, even though I learned this after I developed an opinion of the movie, all the allegations of the movie taking advantage of an old Romanian town leaves a sour taste in my mouth about the film.
  3. Tunescribe

Tunescribe PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +460 / 5 / -10

#61 Jersey

World's best site for movie reviews: rottentomatoes.com
    They compile reviews from critics all over the country and give movies a rating based on the consensus. You can read many dozens of reviews by the country's top critics on any given film, a great consumer guide.
  4. patriotspride

patriotspride Banned

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

ive seen the movie and i honestly dont think its worth the money or the time .go see jackass instead.
  5. gomezcat

gomezcat It's SIR Moderator to you Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

I've not seen it, but I imagine it to be like watching a long series of his sketches. I do want to see it, but am sceptical that it will match the hype.
  6. BradyManny

BradyManny Rookie

Ratings:
    +47 / 0 / -0

It starts off quite hilarious but only manages to sustain it for about 30 minutes. There are funny parts here and there after that, but the overwhelming feeling I had walking out of the theater was surprise at some of the horrible things some of the Americans he encountered had said. Granted, I'm sure those frat boys were wasted and hamming it up for the cameras, but I bet they feel like total asses right now.
  7. fleabassist1

fleabassist1 Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

I don't know if I want to see it or not... but on the trailer the best part is:
    "Is this a cat in a hat!?"