Welcome to PatsFans.com

Boomers – your crisis has arrived

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Run DMC, Feb 15, 2009.

1. Run DMC

Run DMC In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +43 / 7 / -7

#24 Jersey

2. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

good story...

thanks so much, Boomers... your parents served you paradise, and you still wanted more....

3. PatsFanInVa

PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,043 / 15 / -8

LOL... I briefly worked for these guys a long long time ago when they were first pitching "13th Gen". They wanted us all to call Gen X the 13th Generation, which I suppose didn't work out that well. I did think the 4-generation cycle was very appealing, but still have not decided whether it's appealing based on real accuracy, or whether they'd just updated the tried and true Nostradamus method of speaking broadly and carrying a big disclaimer.

I didn't read their subsequent books, and might do so now that you've reminded me. Like I said, the very least you can say is that these guys were extremely intriguing in their thinking. Any clown can write "wahhhhhh you don't understand my (temporarily) new generation." Not that many make a systemic study of it.

Thanks!

PFnV

Last edited: Feb 15, 2009
  4. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign Hall of Fame Poster

Ratings:
    +560 / 6 / -24

#18 Jersey

Because belief is a choice, I have chosen to believe in perseverance. I don't know (nor does anyone) what may lie ahead, but I believe our society and this nation will persevere and become a better nation.

That lies in our hands, not the hands of our leaders. The time has passed when we can sit on our hands and wait for our leaders to "fix it". The call has gone out and the choice is ours.

What are we going to do?