PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Bookmark recommendation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great info.
Why can't paid professional commentators like those on EEI read this stuff before spouting misinformation or have their staff read it for them?

That's a rhetorical question.

how would have figured buffalo would have a chance now to make it ?

how would have figured buffalo would have a chance now to make it ?

The way I see it is like this:

The NFL and the media would love to see the Jets in the playoffs. The reason for this is the Jets are in the largest media market in the country. (New York). The jets would be a good story too. They were picked by most to be a 4-12 team this year.

For the Jets to make the playoffs, they would need to win out. Completely possible. They play the Fins and Raiders.

Since they don't control thier own destiny, they will need some help. It will probably come next weekend when we go to Jax and Cincy goes to Denver.

If We beat the Jags and Denver beats Cincy, the Jets and Bronco's are going to be the wild card teams. Denver will get the #5 seed and come to Foxboro and Jets will probably go to Baltimore or Indy. (I'm betting they go to Baltimore).

The Denver/Pats game would be a great opening round playoff game for the NFL and the Networks. We will win that game.

Jets go to Ravens and it would be an interesting matchup. A low scoring game that the Jets have a chance of winning. I'm not sold on the Ravens yet. I think they are good but winning playoff games in January is a whole different story. Baltimore will probably win but don't bet the house.

I predict that Pats beat Jags and Denver beats Cincy. Jets will win on MNF and control thier destiny. NFL and media get what they want more often than not.

Thanks for the reference Miguel !!

I think something that has gone somewhat undiscussed is that the AFC East has the most wins of any division in the NFL !! It is the strongest division. How about that.

Another rather interesting observation: The East divisions are the strongest in both AFC and NFC. The West divisions are the weakest in both conferences. Strange symmetry.

AFCE 31
AFCN 30
AFCS 30
AFCW 29

NFCE 29
NFCN 26
NFCS 26
NFCW 24

I believe his scenario for the Pats getting a bye is incorrect. If the Colts lose two games they will be 11-5. But if the Ravens only lose 1 game they will be 12-4 with a 9-3 conference record. Unless I am missing something we lose because that is the first tie breaker that applies to the Pats and Ravens. The Pats at best can end up 8-4 in the conference.

NFL said:
Two Clubs
1. Head-to-head, if applicable. - Doesn't apply
2. Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the conference. (Bal 9-3, NE 8-4) Baltimore wins the tie
3. Best won-lost-tied percentage in common games, minimum of four.
4. Strength of victory.
5. Strength of schedule.
6. Best combined ranking among conference teams in points scored and points allowed.
7. Best combined ranking among all teams in points scored and points allowed.
8. Best net points in conference games.
9. Best net points in all games.
10. Best net touchdowns in all games.

Unless this rule determines the conference seedings

NFL said:
TIE-BREAKING PROCEDURE FOR SELECTION MEETING
If two or more clubs are tied in the selection order, the strength-of-schedule tie breaker is applied, subject to the following exceptions for playoff clubs:

1. The Super Bowl winner is last and the Super Bowl loser next-to-last.
2. Any non-Super Bowl playoff club involved in a tie shall be assigned priority within its segment below that of non-playoff clubs and in the order that the playoff clubs exited from the playoffs. Thus, within a tied segment a playoff club that loses in the Wild-Card game will have priority over a playoff club that loses in the Divisional playoff game, which in turn will have priority over a club that loses in the Conference Championship game. If two tied clubs exited the playoffs in the same round, the tie is broken by strength of schedule.

If any ties cannot be broken by strength of schedule, the divisional or conference tie breakers, whichever are applicable, are applied. Any ties that still exist are broken by a coin flip.

Currently NE's is .505 and Baltimore's is .469

Anyone know the answer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill