Welcome to PatsFans.com

Bookmark recommendation

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by Miguel, Dec 19, 2006.

1. Miguel

Miguel Patriots Salary Cap Guru PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +779 / 3 / -3

#75 Jersey

2. PatsWickedPissah

PatsWickedPissah PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +2,910 / 26 / -17

Disable Jersey

Great info.
    Why can't paid professional commentators like those on EEI read this stuff before spouting misinformation or have their staff read it for them?

That's a rhetorical question.

3. SVN

SVN Hall of Fame Poster

Ratings:
    +1,689 / 14 / -10

how would have figured buffalo would have a chance now to make it ?

4. FloridaPatsFan

FloridaPatsFan Third String But Playing on Special Teams

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

The way I see it is like this:

The NFL and the media would love to see the Jets in the playoffs. The reason for this is the Jets are in the largest media market in the country. (New York). The jets would be a good story too. They were picked by most to be a 4-12 team this year.

For the Jets to make the playoffs, they would need to win out. Completely possible. They play the Fins and Raiders.

Since they don't control thier own destiny, they will need some help. It will probably come next weekend when we go to Jax and Cincy goes to Denver.

If We beat the Jags and Denver beats Cincy, the Jets and Bronco's are going to be the wild card teams. Denver will get the #5 seed and come to Foxboro and Jets will probably go to Baltimore or Indy. (I'm betting they go to Baltimore).

The Denver/Pats game would be a great opening round playoff game for the NFL and the Networks. We will win that game.

Jets go to Ravens and it would be an interesting matchup. A low scoring game that the Jets have a chance of winning. I'm not sold on the Ravens yet. I think they are good but winning playoff games in January is a whole different story. Baltimore will probably win but don't bet the house.

I predict that Pats beat Jags and Denver beats Cincy. Jets will win on MNF and control thier destiny. NFL and media get what they want more often than not.

5. arrellbee

arrellbee Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

Thanks for the reference Miguel !!

I think something that has gone somewhat undiscussed is that the AFC East has the most wins of any division in the NFL !! It is the strongest division. How about that.

Another rather interesting observation: The East divisions are the strongest in both AFC and NFC. The West divisions are the weakest in both conferences. Strange symmetry.

AFCE 31
    AFCN 30
    AFCS 30
    AFCW 29

NFCE 29
    NFCN 26
    NFCS 26
    NFCW 24

6. mgcolby

mgcolby Woohoo, I'm a VIP!!! PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +14 / 0 / -0

I believe his scenario for the Pats getting a bye is incorrect. If the Colts lose two games they will be 11-5. But if the Ravens only lose 1 game they will be 12-4 with a 9-3 conference record. Unless I am missing something we lose because that is the first tie breaker that applies to the Pats and Ravens. The Pats at best can end up 8-4 in the conference.

7. mgcolby

mgcolby Woohoo, I'm a VIP!!! PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +14 / 0 / -0

Unless this rule determines the conference seedings

Currently NE's is .505 and Baltimore's is .469

Anyone know the answer?