Not open for further replies.

slash83

Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal
2021 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
http://profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm

POSTED 9:40 p.m. EST, March 4, 2008

BOOKER BACK TO THE BEARS

When receiver Marty Booker was cut by the Dolphins, it was assumed he'd make a beeline back to the Bears, even though he was more than a little miffed when the team traded him to Miami in 2004.

Finally, Booker officially has returned to the Bears.

According to Brad Biggs of the Chicago Sun-Times, Booker has agreed to a two-year deal.

Booker spent five years with the Bears and four with the Fins. His best years came in 2001 and 2002, when he caught 100 and 97 passes, respectively.

Booker fills a void created by the release of Muhsin Muhammad and the departure via free agency of Bernard Berrian.

The Bears made a good move here, they needed some WR's, and right now he is a good one to have.

http://profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm

POSTED 9:40 p.m. EST, March 4, 2008

BOOKER BACK TO THE BEARS

When receiver Marty Booker was cut by the Dolphins, it was assumed he'd make a beeline back to the Bears, even though he was more than a little miffed when the team traded him to Miami in 2004.

Finally, Booker officially has returned to the Bears.

According to Brad Biggs of the Chicago Sun-Times, Booker has agreed to a two-year deal.

Booker spent five years with the Bears and four with the Fins. His best years came in 2001 and 2002, when he caught 100 and 97 passes, respectively.

Booker fills a void created by the release of Muhsin Muhammad and the departure via free agency of Bernard Berrian.

Booker nearly signed with the Pats yesterday before deciding on the Bears. He went back and forth after being given a deadline by Pats. This according to a certain paper in town that will go nameless.

Booker nearly signed with the Pats yesterday before deciding on the Bears. He went back and forth after being given a deadline by Pats. This according to a certain paper in town that will go nameless.
Yeah, I'm ashamed to say I read that too :D

With Moss back I think I'm happier with Gaffney - not that I think Gaff is all that great but I like the continuity and our other WR doesn't need to be that great with Moss and Welker. Booker may have given us more upside, though, should Moss (sorry for saying this) get hurt.

Yeah, I'm ashamed to say I read that too :D

With Moss back I think I'm happier with Gaffney - not that I think Gaff is all that great but I like the continuity and our other WR doesn't need to be that great with Moss and Welker. Booker may have given us more upside, though, should Moss (sorry for saying this) get hurt.
he signed for 2 years 3.5 million with the bears, i personally would of liked to of had booker, i still think we need another one , i dont trust jackson, washington and aiken are special teamers, dont like the thought of them in there if injuries occur

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes