Welcome to PatsFans.com

Book: White House Forged Saddam-Al Qaeda Letter

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Wildo7, Aug 5, 2008.

1. Wildo7

Wildo7 Totally Full of It

Ratings:
    +49 / 16 / -3

Not that this is even remotely shocking at this point.

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0808/12308.html

2. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

Nope, not shocking at all. But more vindication. I never tire of it.

The truth that they knowingly fabricated this calamity can not be supressed. It just keeps rolling up to the shore like the approaching tide. At this point, only true Bush League zealots are still holding out that our leaders are "heroes who will be hailed in the history books." They're like a wild-eyed cultist that can never be turned.

Yes, this is the most corrupt, morally bankrupt administration and political movement in U.S. history... Period.

Unfortanately, the 25 percenters know their heroes lied, but are completely OK with the actions of this government of fraud. They've given up shouting "why do you hate America?" and have shifted gears. They're now silently satiated that it happened, and there's nothing the new Congress is ever gonna do about it.

Irrational fear... Just like Germany, circa 1936...

Last edited: Aug 5, 2008
  3. patsfan13

patsfan13 Hall of Fame Poster PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +465 / 12 / -14

Were the other 2,000,000 docs picked up in Baghdad forgeries also??? :rolleyes:

4. PatsFanInEaglesLand

PatsFanInEaglesLand In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +154 / 10 / -16

#37 Jersey

People like PC believe anything some lefty author writes, just shows a weak mind.

I laugh at the 25% comment, I wonder why the Prince is basically tied with McCain, and not whipping his ass.

Kill babies and take away guns, that's more like Germany 1936, than anything now. Guess that you believe when you believe left wing bull**** and don't pick up a history book.

Now, that made me laugh!

5. BelichickFan

BelichickFan B.O. = Fugazi PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +781 / 18 / -23

#24 Jersey

Books are like polls - you can find one to say anything you want. Ooooh - it's in a book. Wow. I can produce a variety of books saying that Obama isn't what he makes himself out to be - that he's a fake, a pretender. Does that make it true because it's written in a book ?

6. patsfan13

Ratings:
    +465 / 12 / -14

You really don't think it was THE M Allen???:eek: LOL

7. scout

scout Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +51 / 0 / -2

#15 Jersey

Our government manipulated and forged evidence, what a shock. What is more shocking is that righties will continue to defend the Bush Administration no matter what is presented. There was a post a while back with a clip showing Cheney lying (shocking). The response was that the clip was edited, as we know Cheney would never lie to us. Not sure what's worse, falsifying evidence so we can invade a country or manipulating evidence from a presidential assassination (Zapruder film). Either way, we cannot trust our government (which is exactly what the candidate Bush told the American people). How's that for a circle jerk.

8. KontradictioN

KontradictioN Do you even lift? PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +3,050 / 40 / -63

No Jersey Selected

Heh, I wouldn't doubt this. Our government does some pretty scummy things. This wouldn't exactly be Earth shattering. At the same time though, there's also an equal amount of evidence that Hussein had contacts within al Qaeda. So really, who knows? I wouldn't put it past the government to forge a letter like that and I also wouldn't doubt that Hussein was connected with al Qaeda.

Hey, though, at least we got some cheap oil out of this whole ordeal. :rolleyes:

9. BelichickFan

Ratings:
    +781 / 18 / -23

#24 Jersey

I wouldn't doubt it either. But to assume it's true "because it's in a book" is silly at best.

10. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,150 / 5 / -10

God Damn America

11. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign Hall of Fame Poster

Ratings:
    +573 / 6 / -24

#18 Jersey

****NEWS FLASH****

For all those who immediately write off all conspiracy theories...some of them are true. If you actually trust our federal government, there is something deeply wrong with you. Of course the Iraq invasion was planned and manipulated. Look at all the facts and add them up. It doesn't take rocket science to understand it.

That's why I'm so glad Iraq is offering China their oil contracts and not us.

12. patsfan13

Ratings:
    +465 / 12 / -14

There were many documents relating to Al Queda/ Iraq contacts were they all forged?

13. jack

jack 2nd Team Getting Their First Start

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

14. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,150 / 5 / -10

Your right again, I wish there were more of you around during the nineties to speak up about Somalia, Bosnia, Rapes, Blow Jobs, and a security system so weak that it was possible for "Middle Eastern Looking Men" to take lessons on how to fly a plane but these Middle Eastern Looking men didn't want to learn how to take off or land---:singing:
    Why didn't more people complain about not trusting our federal government during the nineties.
    GOD BLESS YOU.

:bricks:

15. BelichickFan

Ratings:
    +781 / 18 / -23

#24 Jersey

If you had written the above you would also be correct.

16. jack

jack 2nd Team Getting Their First Start

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

http://mindprod.com/politics/iraqlies.html#LIED

Many people are willing to let Bush off the hook for not finding any WMDs. They say the poor man was mislead by faulty intelligence.

I say that is not true. He knowingly lied. Here are 23 reasons why I think this.

SECRET AND STRICTLY PERSONAL - UK EYES ONLY Top secret document leaked in Britain is the smoking gun. 2002-07-23. It describes an elaborate plan by George Bush and British Prime Minister Tony Blair to hoodwink the planet into supporting an attack on Iraq knowing full well the evidence for war was a phony. Greg Palast explains its significance.
    Bush used a forged document to back up his claims, — the Niger Uranium document. He knew the document was forged since he sent retired Ambassador Joseph Wilson in 2002-02 to Niger to check. A document to sell yellowcake would require the signature of the prime minister, the forgoing minister and the minister of mines. Nobody had signed such a document and further all the yellowcake had been presold to the Japanese and Europeans. There was no way that huge quantity of 500 tons could have been shunted. Wilson wrote about this in an op-ed in the New York Times 2003-07-06. Someone in the Bush camp (presumably Karl Rove) retaliated by outing Wilson’s wife, Valerie Plame, as a CIA agent, thus endangering her life and the lives of operatives who worked with her. Jeff Gannon and Bob Novak published the outing and refused to name the source.
    There were no WMDs. Even FOX news announced the formal end to the search. The final CIA Duelfer report said there never were any, and none were moved to Syria (another Bush lie). It was not just that Bush said he had evidence of WMDs, he claimed solid proof. If he had solid proof, where are they? There were no drones, no nuclear centrifuges, no gas, no biologicals, no nukes, no plutonium, no uranium, absolutely nothing! In his 2003-01-28 State Of the Union Speech, Bush talked specifically of “38,000 liters (10,038.54 US gallons) of botulinum toxin — enough to subject millions of people to death by respiratory failure” and “500 tons of sarin, mustard and VX nerve agent.”. He also claimed he knew where this stuff was.
    Bush hired John Bolton to massage the data, and see to it that nobody else saw the raw intelligence. See Chain Of Command.
    Bush ignored the advice of the CIA. See Chain Of Command.
    Senator Sam Levin released formerly classified documents that undercut top Bush pre-Iraq war claims of a link between Saddam Hussein’s regime and the al-Qaeda terrorist network.
    “These documents are additional compelling evidence that the intelligence community did not believe there was a cooperative relationship between Iraq and al-Qaeda, despite public comments by the highest ranking officials in our government to the contrary.”
    ~ Carl Levin, Senator, 2005-04-16
    The Atomic Energy Commission said Saddam had no nuclear program. The could tell because sensitive instruments checking rivers and ground water would detect one if there were. See Chain Of Command.
    Weapons inspectors including American inspectors, declared Iraq had no weapons.
    His traditional allies did not believe his solid proof. That includes Canada, Mexico, France, Germany and Russia. If none of these military allies bought it, how could it have been so solid? Surely you don’t take chances with someone about to nuke you with drones, yet still America’s allies insisted Bush’s was bluffing. France denounced Bush’s claim as completely fraudulent in the UN. Others were more diplomatic.
    The UN had repeatedly searched Iraq and found nothing. There were American members on that U.N. team whom Bush could have told where to look if he actually knew anything. They still found nothing.
    Bush used the vague term WMD instead of being specific about just what is was he suspected Saddam of having. If he truly knew he could have said, “Saddam has X kilograms of sarin poison gas” or “enough plutonium for three Hiroshima sized nuclear bombs.” But he didn’t, thus covering his ass so that if he found even one rusty canister of the poison gas Rumsfeld sold Saddam on credit for the Iran war, it would count as a WMD.
    Listen to his Cincinnati speech on 2002-10-07 about the Iraq threat, where he talks about the “mushroom cloud” and “30,000 liters (7,925.16 US gallons) of anthrax”, the “nuclear mujahideen”, “750 attacks on American and British planes” — all pretty scary stuff on first reading or first hearing. But if you read carefully you realise he is dissembling, making things sound far more dangerous than they really are. For example, in the 750 “attacks” there was not one plane hit much less shot down. He is trying to snow you to make you think there is a threat where none exists, while still covering his ass for when he is later confronted with his deception. If he had a case, why did he need to deceive?
    George Tenet, the ex CIA director, said that Bush demanded he find some evidence linking Al-Qaeda and Saddam, even when Tenet assured him no such link existed. That is tantamount to demanding the CIA forge some evidence.
    “From the very first instance it was about Iraq. I was all about finding away to do it. That was the tone of it: the President saying ‘Go find me a way to do this.’”
    ~ Paul O’Neill, treasury secretary, The Price Of Loyalty: George W. Bush, the White House and the Education of Paul O’Neill by Ron Suskind.
    Rumsfeld and Wolfowitz had already decided to invade Iraq long before they claimed to have evidence of the WMDs.
    “I expected to go back to a round of meetings [on 2001-09-12], examining what the next attacks could be, what our vulnerabilities were, what we could do about them in the short term. Instead, I walked into a series of discussions about Iraq. At first I was incredulous that we were talking about something other than getting al Qaeda. Then I realised with an almost sharp physical pain that Rumsfeld and Wolfowitz were trying to take advantage of this national tragedy to promote their agenda about Iraq. Since the beginning of the administration, indeed well before, they had been pressing for a war with Iraq. My friends in the Pentagon had been telling me that the word was we would be invading Iraq sometimes in 2002.”
    ~ Richard A. Clarke, White House Counter Terrorism Chief, Against All Enemies
    CIA analysts who didn’t agree that Iraq posed a threat were removed or reprimanded.
    Bush said, “We’ve wanted so many wars, and we didn’t get them. And we’ve wanted this one for years.”
    Bush kept changing his supposed justification for the war.
    One of the neocons confessed that they kicked around various justifications for the war and picked the one they thought would “sell” best.
    “For reasons that have a lot to do with the U.S. government bureaucracy, we settled on one issue everyone could agree on, which was weapons of mass destruction…”
    ~ Paul Wolfowitz, Vanity Fair, 2003-06
    The neocons posted on the PNAC website long ago their plan for the Iraq war to control its oil and for a “New Pearl Harbor” to justify war, making reference to FDR deliberately failing to pass on intelligence about the coming Pearl Harbour attack to convince Americans to join the war, shades of 9/11.
    “Further, the process of transformation, even if it brings revolutionary change, is likely to be a long one, absent some catastrophic and catalyzing event — like a new Pearl Harbor.”
    ~ PNAC Rebuilding American Defenses
    The neocons confessed on their own website that deposing Saddam had

Last edited: Aug 5, 2008
  17. PatriotsReign

Ratings:
    +573 / 6 / -24

#18 Jersey

God only knows PF13...I was making more of a general statement in response to someone saying that basically all conspiracy theories are wacko.

18. PatriotsReign

Ratings:
    +573 / 6 / -24

#18 Jersey

That one is pretty easy Harry. I think we knew what was going on to some extent and chose to do nothing about it or worse. Maybe we'll never know the truth and that's just too bad.

19. PatriotsReign

Ratings:
    +573 / 6 / -24

#18 Jersey

My question is, why is your first reaction to trust your government? Think about that PF13.

My guess is it is because you believe in this country and what it's supposed to stand for. But don't let YOUR ideals get in the way of the truth. I believe with all my heart that our government does not have the best interests of the masses as their first priority. I think they are most concerned with our economy (corporations) and some new world order they are afraid to share with us, so instead, they conspire.

20. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

WHAT?
    Say it ain't SO!...:eek::mad:
    Next thing you know we'll have someone telling us that Nixon got screwed.