Not open for further replies.

Box_O_Rocks

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Nonfiction Reviews: 7/6/2009 - 7/6/2009 - Publishers Weekly
Nonfiction Reviews: 7/6/2009

-----

The Long Snapper: A Second Chance, a Super Bowl, a Lesson for Life Jeffrey Marx. HarperCollins, $24.99 (240p) ISBN 978-0-06-169139-3

Second chances rarely come in professional sports, especially for athletes out of the game for some time. But former NFL player Brian Kinchen defied those odds, as Marx shows. Having played pro football for 12 years (including with the Dolphins and Panthers), Kinchen hung up his cleats and turned to teaching. Yet more than two years after his final play in football, Kinchen received a call from the New England Patriots to become the team's long-snapper—a player who excels at snapping the ball for field goals and punts. What followed was a seven-week journey that would challenge him both physically and spiritually.
(Sept.)
Amazon.com: The Long Snapper: A Second Chance, a Super Bowl, a Lesson for Life: Jeffrey Marx: Books

Last edited by a moderator:
That was pretty damn funny

Last edited:
I ask you a question and you insult me? You posted all this stuff about a book but did not offer your own review it was a legit question.:mad:

FWIW, according to Amazon, the book doesn't ship for another month or so. So unless "Box_O_Rocks, Maine" is enough of an address to get an advance copy sent to him, I'm guessing Mr. O'Rocks hasn't read it yet, either, and was just pulling your chain.

FWIW, according to Amazon, the book doesn't ship for another month or so. So unless "Box_O_Rocks, Maine" is enough of an address to get an advance copy sent to him, I'm guessing Mr. O'Rocks hasn't read it yet, either, and was just pulling your chain.
So that was the tug I felt

I wonder if the book mentions his rather off color remark that caused some trouble?? OR..maybe that fits in with the view point as well??

I wonder if the book mentions his rather off color remark that caused some trouble?? OR..maybe that fits in with the view point as well??
I have no tolerance for that kinda thing anyone that makes an off color statement should be banned from society! BTW what did he say?

Last edited:
Actually why the insult?
Insult? I assume you are familiar with the razzing Brady took from his teammates over the picture cuddling the goat? If you're out with your buddies and make a bonehead mistake you'll hear about it, assuming you're not psychotically inclined to 'wig out' when people tweak you for an error. In this case I provided you with a Publisher's Weekly review which ends with the abbreviation for September in parentheses, that suggests to me a publication date. I then provided a link to Amazon.com which shows a specific August publication date and provides one liner reviews from two national sports reporters. Having made that effort to be helpful and thorough, I find your query the equivalent of you showing up for a softball game with your shirt on inside out, and wearing one yellow and one brown sock to complement your knobby knees. Dude, letting your five year old daughter dress you may not have been a good idea. :cool:

Insult? I assume you are familiar with the razzing Brady took from his teammates over the picture cuddling the goat? If you're out with your buddies and make a bonehead mistake you'll hear about it, assuming you're not psychotically inclined to 'wig out' when people tweak you for an error. In this case I provided you with a Publisher's Weekly review which ends with the abbreviation for September in parentheses, that suggests to me a publication date. I then provided a link to Amazon.com which shows a specific August publication date and provides one liner reviews from two national sports reporters. Having made that effort to be helpful and thorough, I find your query the equivalent of you showing up for a softball game with your shirt on inside out, and wearing one yellow and one brown sock to complement your knobby knees. Dude, letting your five year old daughter dress you may not have been a good idea. :cool:

:rofl::rofl: Box is on a roll

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes