team has given them over last 5 years.

I can not attend the home games but if any of you guys do and hear a fan
booing .... be man/woman enough to set them straight. Stand up and
yell at them ...

... I just couldn't believe my ears. If I attended the game I would pass
leaflets out until hauled off by security

it would say

Considing what the Patriots have give us during the past 5 years,
any Fan who Boos them ... has to be the lowest scum on earth.

Sorry .... just the way I feel! I was shocked.

What kind of people are these so called fans.

Last edited:
That was then, this is now.

Playing one of the worst teams, the Bills, the Pats stunk up the place in the first half.

And people paying $50+ for tickets deserve to able to express their disgust.

Are you new to this area? Boston/New England?

There will always be booing at sporting events in this area. Let it go.

Last edited:
NE fans are tempermental little ****s. I've lived in the area my whole life and I think half of the sports-watching population are happier when the team they root for is making them miserable.

NEM said:
They werent booing at the players, IMO. They were booing at the decision by the coaching staff to take knees instead of taking a shot... And, I agree with that booing.

I agree. The team played like crap for most of the half, but got the ball back without about a minute left and only down 10. Instead of trying to work the sideline and get in position for a field goal they called three straight runs up the middle. I think the fans were just expressing their disappointment with the extremely conservative playcalling.

Oh, man, these types of threads never go anywhere good.

(I also agree the booing was for the conservative playcalling).

Booing your own team is pathetic, regardless of the reason.

Who are you? Kevin Youkilis?

Welcome to New England. Get used to it.

Booing at the decision or booing at the fans. It doesn't matter.

Paying $50 ro $200 it doesn't matter.

YOU FANS GOT SOMETHING MOST NFL FANS WILL NEVER SEE IN THEIR LIFETIME.

NOTHING the PATs can do for the next 10 years should rain down even
one BOO! ..... NOTHING! :mad:

there is no excuse for it .... none.

fnordcircle said:
NE fans are tempermental little ****s. I've lived in the area my whole life and I think half of the sports-watching population are happier when the team they root for is making them miserable.
This is an absolutely accurate statement.

just Boston fans being Boston fans. They LIKE to boo their teams. But they paid the bucks, it is their priviledge. Of course, the players needed to lead them in cheers; they didn't seem very motivated to cheer on their own. I'm sure there are some fans who support their team, all the times, ESPECIALLY when they are not doing well and could use the encouragement. But not most Boston fans, they'd rather boo the best New England team in many years (since the the old Celtics).

The fans booed at several points, most visibly at the end of the half. Of course, they wanted Brady to attempt low percentage unneeded miracles, risking an interception. They would have booed an interception also. The coach probably thought that they had played an aweful half, and didn't want to risk further damage. We were down a manageable 10 points, and he wanted to get inside and discuss the adjustments for the second half. Of course, most fans have NEMitis and think they could do much better than our coaches, if only they could run the team.

Oh, and BTW, playing the side line requires actual wide receivers.

just my 2 cents

Last edited:
They were definitley Boo'ing the Pats' first half performance. You're overreacting here. The fans were right, why not boo? That was a terribly sloppy first half. Its a wake up call to the players, dont let your team down and down let the fans down and get blown out in your own house. They responded very well in the second half.

I'm not a boo-bird, but I hope it lit a fire up their asses at halftime. I'm sure BB made them aware that their own fans think they stink.

JR4 said:
Booing at the decision or booing at the fans. It doesn't matter.

Paying $50 ro $200 it doesn't matter.

YOU FANS GOT SOMETHING MOST NFL FANS WILL NEVER SEE IN THEIR LIFETIME.

NOTHING the PATs can do for the next 10 years should rain down even
one BOO! ..... NOTHING! :mad:

there is no excuse for it .... none.

Great.

Doesn't change the fact they played like crap in the first half.

The fans aren't booing the team and their accomplishments. They're booing what they saw in the game thus far.

I don't see any problem whatsoever with the booing. The team deserved to boo'd. They played like crap in the first half. Patriots fans deserve better than that performance.

I don't think the players would object to the boo'ing. They know they stunk.

Booing is a good way to rub the players' faces in it. Like if you had a dog. It might be a great dog, but if it craps on the rug, then it gets its nose rubbed in it. Only way to discipline it.

The Pats were horrid. Booing is what helped turn it around, IMO. It's like "WAKE UP!".

NEM said:
They werent booing at the players, IMO. They were booing at the decision by the coaching staff to take knees instead of taking a shot... And, I agree with that booing.

This statement accurate in my opinion.

We had the ball around the 35 with a timeout and 40 seconds, down by 2 scores. I thought he BOOing was over the decision to let the clock run out.

While I thought maybe you take a shot, I also agreed that enough was enough and get into the locker room before things got worse.

This crowd was actually on fire today. They seemed hungry as opposed to last year when we were satisfied. It was loud early on and really loud when we took over the game from midway through the 3rd the rest of the way.

JR4 said:
I was so mad to hear so called fans booing as PATs left the field at half time

I just can not understad how any fan can even think of booing after what this
team has given them over last 5 years.

I can not attend the home games but if any of you guys do and hear a fan
booing .... be man/woman enough to set them straight. Stand up and
yell at them ...

... I just couldn't believe my ears. If I attended the game I would pass
leaflets out until hauled off by security

it would say

Considing what the Patriots have give us during the past 5 years,
any Fan who Boos them ... has to be the lowest scum on earth.

Sorry .... just the way I feel! I was shocked.

What kind of people are these so called fans.

Brady himself said that if he were in the stands, he would have booed, too. That's good enough for me.

NEM et al. are correct: much of the booing was directed at the end-of-half play-calling, and also at the overall play-calling, which was atrocious.
(I HATE empty-backfield formations, esp. in situations where the run is still an option.)

If you can't take the heat, then stay out of the kitchen. Besides, it wasn't personal. And what were the fans to do, anyway? Give them a Standing O? I wouldn't be surprised to learn that BB ripped them a new one at halftime. Or should he have patted their bums and whispered "attaboy" in their ears? Give me a break.

I thought they had been told the wine wasn't French.

mcbee said:
Like if you had a dog. It might be a great dog, but if it craps on the rug, then it gets its nose rubbed in it. Only way to discipline it.

The only way???

It actually teaches a dog to crap where you don't find it.

If you do own dogs, I highly suggest you start looking under your furniture.:rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes