PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Bonds' trainer mentions Brady--LINK

Status
Not open for further replies.
Classy is the perfect way to describe Brady!

Official Pats/Chiefs Discussion

I believe him definitley. But then again I am a Patriots fan so I am going to say that. :D

[I posted this originally on PatriotsPlanet]

Felger on 890 The Drive @ 5PM had a hooplehead reporter from the NY Daily News on.

it was quite a leg-humping fest for a while.

Felger intros the guy as being from the paper "that has been the most Out Front on all the Balco story whose been sent to Foxboro to talk with Brady on this new info" ~ like this guy is going to make Woodword & Bernstein look like they uncovered the story of who killed Roger Rabbit or some sh!t.

the guys says "so I ask Brady today about this deal and he says he never talked with Anderson that he left a message and they didn't connect. Then this other guy [reporter] asks him 'so you never talked?' and Brady then says that they did talk but never hooked up. So I see this as a Major Inconsistency"

and Felgie's frothing at the mouth [I say this in case he lurks later] humping the guys leg some more and the best he gets out the guy is that:

Brady did initiate a call to Anderson "some 4 or 5 years ago" when he was back in the Bay Area looking to do off season workouts and he had been referred to Anderson by 3 or 4 people he [Brady]knew locally.

So Felgie is now rabid and stuff with like "everybody knew that Anderson was dirty and all" and "how can Brady plead innocence to that" and stuff

well Mike, 4 or 5 years ago would be like 2001 or 2002 and the BALCO scandal didn't really surface mainstream until 2003 and beyond.

I love you Felgie, but jeesus

Felger's whole show today was him trying to imply in every way imaginable that Brady went to Anderson for steroids without actually saying it.

He kept harping on how everyone knew 5 years ago about Anderson. 5 years ago when Bonds was hitting his 73 home runs steroids really wasn't a big story. It should have been but it wasn't. I had no idea who Greg Anderson was.

ESPN Talked About the Topic later on 8/17 too

I didn't catch the reporter's name-he was sitting in for Michael Kay. He started with all the obligatory apologies, "I don't know anything", nobody is saying Brady did anything", "there's not enough information", etc.

Then he started speculating about how happy baseball must be that football gets some blame, "everybody knows every MLB is built like Barry Bonds", "Rafael Palmiero doesn't look like a steroid user", while trying to maintain that he was being fair.

One of the callers did a good job of ripping him. He told him he had no story and that a good reporter should be a gatekeeper and not try to make something out of nothing. The reporter got all apologetic, said "didn't you hear all my denials at the befgnning of the show" but the caller persisted in hammering him for spending so much time on a nonstory.

Poor Felgie spent the first three hours of his show trying to make something out of this, including bashing his peers in the Boston media for basically blowing this off as a non story. Best line of the day was a self-righteous Felger opining that that attitude is fine for fans but unacceptable for "sports journalists". What an oxy-moron. Don't flatter yourself Felger, you may have started your career intending to become one but you have now fully evolved into just another ratings whoring Boston sports mediot.

Felger basically spent the final hour backing away from his own earlier strident stance and made it a point to mention several times that he doesn't believe Tom has ever had any involvement with steroids. Almost as if someone dropped a dime on him...probably his better half. I'm sure she got to know Tom pretty well when they both traveled to Israel this winter with the Krafts, and Sara would probably like to be invited on another junket or two like that without needing to divorce her idiot spouse to regain credibility.

The media's motto is "guilty until proven innocent." It's really unfair how carelessly they risk shattering people's repuations in the hopes of uncovery a scandal, no matter how far-fetched the story may seem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes