PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Bonds' trainer mentions Brady--LINK

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good find on that article, Braffordpatsfan. Will be interesting if the local media picks up on it tomorrow.

Hopefully it is what the guy says it is. A phone call about a future training session and never contact again.

two words: NOT GOOD :eek::(:eek:

it's the appearance of impropriety.

Anderson (i.e. the juice distributor) unfortunately has singled out Tom from 10-20 other athletes who contacted him by phone. You can try to spin that in a positive way, but unless there was something serious going on here, you don't protect Tom's image by only naming him -- my guess is Anderson had little choice because the grand jury/ feds are putting serious pressure on him (i.e. prison for not just the 18 months the grand jury lasts, but a longer sentence for perjury).

this means they could very well be on a witch hunt and could very well be targeting our QB.

yeah, Tom and Barry are friends, and he spends a lot of time with family in the Bay Area and probably needs a personal trainer, or might just have called him as a favor to Barry, but the bottom line is that if there was nothing going on here, there would not have been any need to single him out in his statement...why JUST Tom??, why not "defend" (i.e. destroy the reputation) of all others named in the story.

look, it's obvious the league has a substance abuse problem. This will eventually catch up to the league like it has with MLB. In fact, the league has been plagued by drugs for decades. The bigger picture is that we're headed for a massive train wreck in the NFL over rampant use of banned growth enablers, and this could just be the first crack...

it will be interesting to see how this develops tomorrow...it could easily blow up (lots of guys have a big stake in the image of the League, but the government isn't one of them), and you always get rogues who force the mainstream media to tackle the issue. If I'm right about the feds' intentions to expand the investigation outside of baseball and Bonds, and possibly make an example out of the NFL's golden boy (this would essentially be a nuclear bomb for the entire league -- if HE could be on juice then are there any players who aren't?) then Anderson's statement could just be the beginning.

the suspicion of doubt is a very cruel thing...those who don't want to give him a pass will have every reason not to. headline will read: "Bond's Supplier Defends Brady" -- NOT GOOD.

p.s. gotta believe Anderson's lawyer gave Yee a head's up on receipt of the subpoena...Tom had to know about this for a while. Did he not miss practice this morning and suck in the afternoon?...this all went down today on the west coast and it's hitting the wires after primetime for a reason.

NOT GOOD

p.s. I desperately hope I'm way off base here and totally overreacting...

the taildragger said:
You are. The only reason they singled out Tom Brady is that he is Tom Brady. This seems pretty clear to me : "Greg Anderson also evoked the name of New England Patriots quarterback Tom Brady, saying the two had spoken over the phone but never made further contact".

the taildragger said:
No, no, no... you're right on base. And it just so happens I've got the perfect insurance policy, almost tailor-made for you, to cover you in the event that you're right (or wrong, really).

It's around here somewhere, hope I can dig it out.

witty reply :singing:.

I understand this is a fan board, I'm normally with you.

try to occasionally get out of the new england debate paradigm...nobody's looking for "insurance."

I ACTUALLY WANT TO BE WRONG....serious. I'll be the first to come back to this thread and celebrate how stupid I am.

but anyone who sees this as good pub goes from fan to insane.

the taildragger said:
but anyone who sees this as good pub goes from fan to insane.
Obviously it's not "good pub". It'll pretty much be irrelevant though.

thewaylifeshouldbe said:
Good find on that article, Braffordpatsfan. Will be interesting if the local media picks up on it tomorrow.

Hopefully it is what the guy says it is. A phone call about a future training session and never contact again.

They seem to have and there is no big deal... being reported as it is, no embellishment or grandiosity.

the taildragger said:

Anderson (i.e. the juice distributor) unfortunately has singled out Tom from 10-20 other athletes who contacted him by phone. You can try to spin that in a positive way, but unless there was something serious going on here, you don't protect Tom's image by only naming him -- my guess is Anderson had little choice because the grand jury/ feds are putting serious pressure on him (i.e. prison for not just the 18 months the grand jury lasts, but a longer sentence for perjury).

this means they could very well be on a witch hunt and could very well be targeting our QB.

yeah, Tom and Barry are friends, and he spends a lot of time with family in the Bay Area and probably needs a personal trainer, or might just have called him as a favor to Barry, but the bottom line is that if there was nothing going on here, there would not have been any need to single him out in his statement...why JUST Tom??, why not "defend" (i.e. destroy the reputation) of all others named in the story.

look, it's obvious the league has a substance abuse problem. This will eventually catch up to the league like it has with MLB. In fact, the league has been plagued by drugs for decades. The bigger picture is that we're headed for a massive train wreck in the NFL over rampant use of banned growth enablers, and this could just be the first crack...

it will be interesting to see how this develops tomorrow...it could easily blow up (lots of guys have a big stake in the image of the League, but the government isn't one of them), and you always get rogues who force the mainstream media to tackle the issue. If I'm right about the feds' intentions to expand the investigation outside of baseball and Bonds, and possibly make an example out of the NFL's golden boy (this would essentially be a nuclear bomb for the entire league -- if HE could be on juice then are there any players who aren't?) then Anderson's statement could just be the beginning.

the suspicion of doubt is a very cruel thing...those who don't want to give him a pass will have every reason not to. headline will read: "Bond's Supplier Defends Brady" -- NOT GOOD.

p.s. gotta believe Anderson's lawyer gave Yee a head's up on receipt of the subpoena...Tom had to know about this for a while. Did he not miss practice this morning and suck in the afternoon?...this all went down today on the west coast and it's hitting the wires after primetime for a reason.

NOT GOOD

Are you kidding me? They spoke on the phone once, and "never made further contact", and this is what you got out of it?

Give me a break!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It doesn't say WHEN either. If in the winter of '01 after his rookie year Tom was back in CA and asked around for a trainer then maybe he was given Anderson's name and made a call, maybe he called 20 trainers out there. This would have been before all this other crap came out about Anderson and I would be shocked if Brady contacted him since then. Besides what does the eyeball test tell you?

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Bonds' trainer mentions Brady and????

mentions and..there is no more....no contact..no nothing.. Uf this guy was a well known trainer....and Tom was looking for one in the area..calling and inquiring is hardly anything serious...

I agree, no news is much better news, in this particular case. It should also be emphasized that merely mentioning Brady -- even if they have nothing on him -- sends the shot across the NFL's bow, whereas mention of Johnathan Sullivan would have little effect.

My final "Don't worry, the kool-aid's not juiced" point: You guys ever watch Law and Order? It's not like Canseco's book named Brady for the general public's pleasure. He'd be a big fish and all that, but unless there is an iron-clad case for persistent abuse, you have to look at him as one of those "normally I don't fool around with it but this one time at band camp...." guys. I mean, LOOK at him. He could have taken it to make something heal better, if he'd ever been INJURED.... but you can't really argue that TB shows all the signs of steroid abuse.

So, that makes him the guy you "flip," if you ever watch Law & Order... if they have SOMETHING on Brady, they give him the choice of getting a heavy "ping" (and it would be a first offense... look what it took for Ricky to have to play in Canada...) or, to avoid the "ping," he'd have to roll over on somebody who DID use and abuse.

To me, that somebody would obviously have to be either the record-book-assaulting Peyton Manning, Brady's off-season buddy, or Team Leader Willie McGinnest -- I mean, how can you get a 4-sack game in your mid 30s without juice? Can't be done! Or, of course, the freakishly fast Bethel Johnson. Or, a certain NFL Head Coach who cut himself shaving a year ago, and has been topically applying the stuff to his chin ever since...

PFnV

the taildragger said:

NOT GOOD

You sure you're not the one on the juice????

PatsFanInVa said:
I agree, no news is much better news, in this particular case. It should also be emphasized that merely mentioning Brady -- even if they have nothing on him -- sends the shot across the NFL's bow, whereas mention of Johnathan Sullivan would have little effect.

My final "Don't worry, the kool-aid's not juiced" point: You guys ever watch Law and Order? It's not like Canseco's book named Brady for the general public's pleasure. He'd be a big fish and all that, but unless there is an iron-clad case for persistent abuse, you have to look at him as one of those "normally I don't fool around with it but this one time at band camp...." guys. I mean, LOOK at him. He could have taken it to make something heal better, if he'd ever been INJURED.... but you can't really argue that TB shows all the signs of steroid abuse.

So, that makes him the guy you "flip," if you ever watch Law & Order... if they have SOMETHING on Brady, they give him the choice of getting a heavy "ping" (and it would be a first offense... look what it took for Ricky to have to play in Canada...) or, to avoid the "ping," he'd have to roll over on somebody who DID use and abuse.

To me, that somebody would obviously have to be either the record-book-assaulting Peyton Manning, Brady's off-season buddy, or Team Leader Willie McGinnest -- I mean, how can you get a 4-sack game in your mid 30s without juice? Can't be done! Or, of course, the freakishly fast Bethel Johnson. Or, a certain NFL Head Coach who cut himself shaving a year ago, and has been topically applying the stuff to his chin ever since...

PFnV

Too funny,

Unfortunately if this story spins out of control it will be thanks to people like you who will make this story more then Brady having one phone conversation with a trainer who at the time was just considered the best trainer in the area, nothing more.

Thanks!

Wow, taildragger! Conspiracy theorist par excellence!

explains why tom got sooooo big and sooo fast. too much power in his arms from the juice and hes been overthrowing people in camp. dayumm

but seriously..Anderson is a trainer..Brady was looking for trainer..i doubt he would want roids..hes accomplished enough to ruin a tremendous reputation..unlike Barry who wanted to get big and keep hitting homers..Brady's won 3 SBs being a slow but great QB

the taildragger said:

NOT GOOD

Did it cross your mind, that in the BRIEF conversation that they had, Anderson mentioned steroids to Brady and he didn't want anything to do with them; and as a result, that's why the conversation was so BRIEF.

Last edited:
WEEI is reporting that it was Anderson that called BRADY!
...one phone call that Brady turned down his 'offer'...seems to me like Tom Brady comes out smelling like roses again!

If Brady had put twenty-thirty pounds of muscle on in the off-season(as in Bonds,Sosa)this might be a concern,he didnt,way too smart for this sort of thing....a tempest in a teapot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down