Welcome to PatsFans.com

Bolton Resignation

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by wistahpatsfan, Dec 4, 2006.

1. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

Carl Ford, the former chief of the State Department's Bureau of Intelligence and Research, called Bolton "a quintessential kiss-up, kick-down sort of guy" and a "serial abuser" of subordinates.

"I'm not happy about it," Bush said during a farewell appearance at the White House attended by Bolton and his wife, Gretchen. "I think he deserved to be confirmed. The reason I think he deserved to be confirmed is that I think he did a fabulous job for the country."

http://www.cnn.com/2006/POLITICS/12/04/bolton.resigns/index.html
  2. scout

scout Rookie

Ratings:
    +35 / 0 / -1

#15 Jersey

On Joe Scarborough tonight, the discussion among the conservative analysts was whether Bush has had his head in the sand. This was thought to be what members inside of the White House were also thinking. Since the election, he has really been going down a lonely road.
  3. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +151 / 3 / -19

The question becomes is who will GWB want to replace him? Another Bolton clone or an appointee who can garner more consensus??
  4. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

When you're dealing with a dillusional psychotic like Bush anything's possible but ha has never shown a desire to get any international consensus. His dillusions might continue, though, if he thinks that the international community would even begin to think of backing him on anything at this point. He might be trying to sucker other countries into going into Iraq to clean up his mess, but he won't find any takers. Iraq is screwed thanks to this retarded traitor and there's nothing we or anyone else can or will do about it. What an idiot! :mad:
  5. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +151 / 3 / -19

Do you think the delusions are cocaine induced?? Nice rant, thought you were calmer than this. BTW I agree completely.
  6. Pujo

Pujo Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

The problem with Bush is that he really surrounded himself with yes-men who were telling him everything was great. He believed his strategy was working and the elections were really a shock to him. I think now maybe Bush is personally making some decisions, or at least listening to different people.
  7. Turk

Turk Rookie

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

Making decisions, personally, Bush?
    Now, that's scary:)

Now that for the first time, he is not completely surrounded by his own team,
    you would think that he would show a bit more willingness to be even handed, or at least to listen; but I doubt it.
  8. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

You should have seen the rant before I cut it down!
  9. All_Around_Brown

All_Around_Brown Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Bolton knew he wouldn't get confirmed. He is a horses asss, but a hero to many of the neo-cons.
  10. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +249 / 3 / -2

Is Boltons only fault is that he was a Bush Administration choice? I'm curious as to why so many who hate Bush, also hate Bolton. Personally, I know very little about Bolton. I know from the few times I've seen him speak on TV, that he tells it like it is. I guess maybe sending a little more of a ball washer would serve our UN interests better, but at the time of his nomination, people were tired of the UN's uselessness. Personally, I can't stand the UN as I find it utterly useless, and a waste of a very noble creation.
  11. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +296 / 1 / -9

Of course he wouldn't get confirmed they all knew that, the Democrats want somebody who will Kiss Kofi Annan's A$s.