PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Bolden....wow

Status
Not open for further replies.
Awesome! They can catch too. Can't wait to see that wrinkle.

Wendell and Connolly deserve huge props. Vollmer and Solder were stellar as well--on occasion Solder dominated. And, heck, Thomas, you didn't make us miss our All-Pro guard. Great job, fellas!

We'll be talking about Bolden's performance today for years to come. What a performance, Bolden! You show us we don't need to draft first-rounders at RB to be effective.

State don't forget shout outs to that Hawaiian dude and Fells.

Hey if you're an RB and you can run in the SEC thats fine by me. That's a dough conf to run in. DEs there are better than Serena Williams.

16 carries for 137 yards and an 8.536 ypc. Yeah, Bolden can run that ball.
Really like the looks of the Ridley/Bolden duo.
If they can keep running roughshod like that, it will be a very deadly combination and the NFL defenses will have a lot to handle.
What besides gameplanning for Brady, Gronk, and Wes we gotta stop the RUN too??!

Bolden had a better JR year than Ridley did. He was injured his senior year and came back and played injured his senior year, and he was mediocre. He looked very good in preseason with the 3rd string O-line. Now he is playing with the first string and he looks like he did his junior year, great.

The Patriots have to punish teams that are just going to play the pass, it looks like they might finally be able to do just that.

Also a big get a clue to all the people that have been whining and complaining about the offensive line. The two previous games were against teams with great d-lines and the patriots looked fair, while dealing with injuries and new players. Now you see what they look like against a team that was built this last off season to beat the patriots. They will get better all season, and will end up being a great line.

I said earlier this week that we win this game by victimizing the over pursuit of the Bills D line and their small LBs and Safeties. I was right. Hire me!

bolden looked undersized during preseason, but boy did he breakout today. big kudos to the TD run he had running over the defender and carrying him into the endzone. this team needs a running game that other teams wil have to plan to defend against.

Bolden and Ridley are both the same size: 5-11 220.

Bolden and Ridley are both the same size: 5-11 220.

wow, wouldn't ever guessed they were the same size. maybe its an optical illusion or my eyesight is going.

Very encouraging but I still want to see this team be able to run the ball in games like last week. This offense has all the tools but it's got to be able to enforce it's will to close out those tight ones.

This was as dominant run blocking as I've seen in a game, period, not just Patriots. In the first half we kind of let them off the hook but when we finally committed to running in the 2nd half we just ran at will.

wow, wouldn't ever guessed they were the same size. maybe its an optical illusion or my eyesight is going.

RB is all in the legs and the mid section. Stop staring at their biceps, bro.

So Vereen runs 19 yards through an open hole once and and a year later people can't write his name without describing him as explosive and dynamic, Bolden runs for 137 yards on 16 carries and it's met for the most part with a collective yawn with the line getting all the credit.

The blocking was excellent and Bolden did what he he's supposed to do which is see the hole and hit it. He showed good vision, decisiveness and power.

Give the kid his due credit.

Last edited:
So Vereen runs 19 yards through an open hole once and and a year later people can't write his name without describing him as explosive and dynamic, Bolden runs for 137 yards on 16 carries and it's met for the most part with a collective yawn with the line getting all the credit.

The blocking was excellent and Bolden did what he he's supposed to do which is see the hole and hit it. He showed good vision, decisiveness and power.

But did you see those massive holes he got to run through??:rocker:

Both Bolden and Ridley have the ability to surprise me.

They hit the line, I think it's a no gain and then there they are finishing the run for 10 yards.

I really like BOTH of these guys.

hopefully Bolden has carved a role out for himself as the #2 running back for the team behind Ridley...I really like his running style..

if the Pats can continue to pound the ball like they did this week, they will be unstoppable on offense...im not expecting 200+ each week. but 100+ would be nice

you have to say, the Patriots do a Very good job at evaluating UDFA...Green Ellis, woodhead, arrington, love...and now it looks like Bolden is a nice pick.

I agree with this. The line can only do so much, it'll open up those holes but it doesn't give you a 8+ YPC. I like how Bolden hits. He hits hard and keeps going. I think he had just one carry for a loss today.

1) Open holes
2) Hit holes
3) ???
4) Profit

Seriously, though, saying he only got what he got because of the line is over-simplifying. He ran decisively, and hit the holes with burst and power. Ridley, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back