PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

BOLD Predictions for Pats in 2007

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's like claiming it is "Bold" to predict Watson catching 500 yards instead of 600 or bidding 1$ on the Price is Right when the other guy has bid $1200. LOL. That's not called bold. That's called tempering your expectations, in other words it is known as CONSERVATIVE. :) I agree that we don't know exactly what we have till the season actually starts, but I happen to have a more positive outlook on the moves the Pats have made and the pieces that they have gathered and I think we will have a very explosive offense in 2007. PS I don't see any way 11-5 gets a bye in the AFC. Maybe in the pathetic NFC, but not the AFC. :singing:

OK. The thread asks for BOLD, and, in the context of the predictions in this thread, it's bold to say that I had the Patriots 11-5 before Free Agency and the Draft, and I still have them 11--5.

Until Brady clicks with Stallworth, Moss et al, until we get some speed and youth at LB, until Maroney shows that he's really the early 2006 Maroney and not the late 2006 Maroney, until the Asante situation is resolved, there are just too many unknowns.

BB often says that he doesn't know what he has until the fifth or sixth game. This season, I think this will be true in spades.

Like everyone else out here, I'll put my own prediction on the line just before the season begins (I called 13-3 last year...didn't figure on the Jets beating us), and it might change. For now, it's 11--5 (and, BTW, I am sure that will be enough to win the division and think it might get an AFC bye this year).

Last edited:
That's like claiming it is "Bold" to predict Watson catching 500 yards instead of 600 or bidding 1$ on the Price is Right when the other guy has bid $1200. LOL. That's not called bold. That's called tempering your expectations, in other words it is known as CONSERVATIVE. :) I agree that we don't know exactly what we have till the season actually starts, but I happen to have a more positive outlook on the moves the Pats have made and the pieces that they have gathered and I think we will have a very explosive offense in 2007. PS I don't see any way 11-5 gets a bye in the AFC. Maybe in the pathetic NFC, but not the AFC. :singing:

Thanks for responding to my post.

First of all, my reference to "BOLD" was an obviously failed attempt to be humorous by suggesting that it was bold to stand against the 14--2 tide.

Second, I don't think predicting an 11-5 finish is "conservative," given the Patriots schedule, the overall strength of the AFC and their recent difficulty winning in Miami. I actually think it's a prediction that says "this is a very good team."

Third, I don't have a negative "outlook" in contrast to a "more positive outlook" on our offseason moves. I just think that recent experience proves that high profile offseason moves don't always pay off in the NFL. So, a wait and see attitude is reasonable. I LIKE our offseason moves. I argued for going after Moss LAST offseason. I think the AT pickup is great and that the trade for another first round pick next year was brilliant. I'm not one of the whiners who are saying that the Pats have lost their way or are going against their formula. In fact, I'm delighted and applaud what Piolichick has done.

Fourth, you might be right about 11--5 and the bye, but the top teams in the AFC have tough schedules next year and it might well win one. It will surely win the Division.

Last edited:
I have no doubt that this team is being built to make a run at the first perfect season in the modern 16 game regular season era.

I have also have no misconceptions about just how difficult that is to do - and how much luck and injury avoidance that requires - but this team is being built to dominate on both offense and defense like no other I can remember.

Certainly many teams have made big splashes in free agency before - but when you take a Belichick coached team - and consider how he took a VERY flawed team to arguably one play from winning the Super Bowl (if the offense converts one additional first down at the end of the game we run out the clock and very likely whum Chicago)... and add the pieces that we did, it is difficult to argue that this team has the best shot of any in recent memory to go 16-0 in the regular season and of course win the Super Bowl.

I'm not arrogant enough to make that a prediction - but I am realistic enough to know that the Patriots goal is to win EVERY game EVERY week and that this team like no other seen before stands a very good chance of being able to fulfil that goal.

Here's another good thread worth looking back on... He Ban Me's predictions especially!

I'd actually forgotten that I'd "predicted" a run at a perfect season prior to Spygate

They call me "Joker..The Unpredictable"

This isn't college. There are very few teams in the pros that "run up" the score. The Pats won't need to run up the score to average over 25 ppg imo. Their offense will be that good. And just because the Pats don't like to run up the score does not mean they'll punt the ball away on the opponent's 10 yard line with 10 minutes to go just because they're already up by 20. The Pats play to win first of all. I don't expect them to pull Brady in the 4th even if they are up by a lot, unless it's the last 1 or 2 games of the season and homefield advantage is locked up for the playoffs.

Although there were no stats predicted in this post, it was absolutely the most correct "prediction" of any in this thread.

Good job, Nostradamus.

a little advice from a professional...Nostadumba$$ is the preferred word form here

best regards,

your pal..Alexander Dumba$$

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill