PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Boerigter to Visit Later This Week

Status
Not open for further replies.

BelichickFan

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
There was a thread about our interest before, I guess this makes it more official :

http://www.jsonline.com/story/index.aspx?id=409661

"Boerigter visited Tampa Bay last week, will visit Seattle Tuesday and tentatively has a visit set for New England at the end of the week."

BelichickFan said:
There was a thread about our interest before, I guess this makes it more official :

http://www.jsonline.com/story/index.aspx?id=409661

"Boerigter visited Tampa Bay last week, will visit Seattle Tuesday and tentatively has a visit set for New England at the end of the week."
Will have to ask my uncle in KC about him. 'Course I take everything he says with a much larger grain of salt after the "You bastids, Beisel is gonna be another Bruschi in 2 or 3 years for you guys" comments. Pfffft. ;)

T-ShirtDynasty said:
Will have to ask my uncle in KC about him. 'Course I take everything he says with a much larger grain of salt after the "You bastids, Beisel is gonna be another Bruschi in 2 or 3 years for you guys" comments. Pfffft. ;)
He was offered a contrat in TB..but I am glad he is coming here for a visit.

Pats726 said:
He was offered a contrat in TB..but I am glad he is coming here for a visit.

Would be a typical BB signing. Not an exciting player, but a solid one.

T-ShirtDynasty said:

We still have a year or two for your uncle's prognostication to come true. Lets all hope it does.

Isn't this guy always hurt?????

Ochmed Jones said:

Only when people say bad things about him, like they do about Monte Biesel.

Ochmed Jones said:

Yes, but he's also Canadian! Think of all the fun and hijinks he and Kaczur can pull together!

From Fox Sports

"...Boerigter has struggled to stay healthy his whole career."

Ouch...

dryheat44 said:

He's a solid player? In his CAREER, he's caught 39 passes for 697 yards and 8 touchdowns. Oh yeah, his 8 touchdowns all came in one season. Yeah, let's get the injured stiff who couldn't get any playing time in KC. He's really solid. Seriously, if the Patriots brought in Heath Shuler, you guys would be talking about how great he was in college and how he'll be much better now that he's in New England.

patriotsrule said:
He's a solid player? In his CAREER, he's caught 39 passes for 697 yards and 8 touchdowns. Oh yeah, his 8 touchdowns all came in one season. Yeah, let's get the injured stiff who couldn't get any playing time in KC. He's really solid. Seriously, if the Patriots brought in Heath Shuler, you guys would be talking about how great he was in college and how he'll be much better now that he's in New England.

I think you're being a little overly harsh here. 8 TDs in his rookie season is still an impressive accomplishment -- both Randy Moss and Roy Williams scored 8 TDs this year. Branch had 5.

Is the guy an injury concern? No doubt.

Could he be a stiff? Possibly, although I would mention KC is not known for developing WRs -- their last WR success was Dante Hall, and that was as returner!

Is he worth taking a look at? How can you say no?

GoWhalers said:
I think you're being a little overly harsh here. 8 TDs in his rookie season is still an impressive accomplishment -- both Randy Moss and Roy Williams scored 8 TDs this year. Branch had 5.

Is the guy an injury concern? No doubt.

Could he be a stiff? Possibly, although I would mention KC is not known for developing WRs -- their last WR success was Dante Hall, and that was as returner!

Is he worth taking a look at? How can you say no?

I would say 8 touchdowns in one year and 0 touchdowns in his next three years qulifies as a fluke. Your argument with Moss makes no sense. How many touchdowns has Moss scored since his rookie year? How many has Boerigter scored? If every guy who catches 39 passes in four years is worth a look, then the Patriots are going to have a lot of below average receivers in training camp this year. Kind of like they did last year.

sounds like he'll fit right in a patriot receiver.

Brady'sButtBoy said:
From Fox Sports

"...Boerigter has struggled to stay healthy his whole career."

Ouch...

patriotsrule said:

Thank you! I love the Patriots as much as the next fan - but the delusion here can be a little ridiculous. This guy appears to be a bust and so does Caldwell - yet, Caldwell is projected to be a key contributer to next years SB push and this Boet-guy will have his career turn-around under BB's guidance. The next David Givens for sure! LOL!

Of course, there's also those that will jump on ANY transaction with both feet and who take pleasure in forecasting only the most dire of results for each. I'd argue that's AS tiresome, or even more so, than anything posted by the optimists.

patriotsrule said:

I agree 100 %. Too many rose colored glasses for some Patriot fans. Every good veteran we cut, will be replaced (generic example: Milloy) and every backup free agent we sign will be (Generic Example: Vrabel, Patten). Time to realize that too many losses will catch up to any organization, no matter how good.

And I too would be willing to bet that if the Pats cut Brady today, you would find at least 2 people who would argue that it was a good move because he was taking up too much cap space, and Cassell too was a late round pick who can give us the same production.

Probably worth a look since he should come cheap. Was

a very good player in CFL and was signed to a long term

contract by K.C. Wants a place where he gets a chance to play.

Good rookie year but injury problem after that.

patriotsrule said:

Dude, relax. It's not like we're bringing in a guy on a guaranteed 7 year 150 million dollar contract. It's a vet, who will come in to compete for a training camp slot on little to no signing bonus, much like Dwight and Terrell did last year.

When healthy, he showed some good receiving skills. Yes, he missed the last two years due to injury. Maybe he can stay healthy, maybe he can't. Some guy we just cut missed portions of several seasons early in his career and then enjoyed several healthy productive ones.

Bottom line is that he would be our #3 receiver as of now if he signed. That's called improving the team, and BB would be a fool not to attempt to do it.

dryheat44 said:

When did 10 catches for 119 yards over the course of a 16 game season become solid?

SoonerPatriot said:
When did 10 catches for 119 yards over the course of a 16 game season become solid?

The Dude tore his ACL in 2004. Do you hold Rosey Colvins miserable year in 2003 against him? What did he have that year? Something like 2 sacks and 3 tackles? We probably should have cut him. He wasn't dynamite the next season either.

My first point is that if you've watched Boerigter play, you would know that he can contribute if he's recovered from injuries. He runs good patterns, has good speed, and has good hands. He has to learn to get open better.

My second point is that the Patriots, as currently consituted, are a better team with him than without, so why not sign him?

He's also an excellent special teams player.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey