Welcome to PatsFans.com

Boehner Repeatedly Mispronounces ‘Tuskegee’

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Holy Diver, Mar 30, 2007.

1. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0

#80 Jersey

Funny how a guy with a name you could so easily mispronounce...didn't do his homework....in the 5th GRADE..

horrible......its almost as bad as mispronouncing 'nuCLEar'

Link: http://thinkprogress.org/2007/03/29/boehner-tuskegee/

During his short speech to those in attendance, Boehner six times mispronounced the group’s name as the “Tusk-E-gee,” eliciting audible groans from the front to the back of the Capitol Rotunda. One woman standing in front of me leaned to her companion and whispered, “This is so embarrassing, and he’s from my state.”

Perhaps making matters worse, almost all of Boehner’s speech focused on the general accomplishments of American forces in World War II, paying little direct respect to those in the room.

As if to remove any doubt about the verbal kerfuffle, Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell took the stage and began his speech by pronouncing the group’s name correctly, while making a clear, if passing, glance in Boehner’s direction. Immediately afterward, the entire crowd broke into applause at the correction.

Last edited: Mar 30, 2007
  2. Seymour93

Seymour93 Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

And this guy is going to lead the GOP back to the majority? :rofl:

3. mr3putt

mr3putt 2nd Team Getting Their First Start

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

A shining example of the level of leadership displayed daily in DC. We have elected an amazing number of morons and the bill for that mistake is coming due. Good haircuts and snappy sound bites replace sound judgement and intellegent debate. I don't blame these guys...I blame the voters for caring more about pork than leadership.

4. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

That's nothing. Half the Dems in Congress think Maine is part of Canada.

//

5. Holy Diver

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0

#80 Jersey

I must've missed that poll....was that Zogby?

come on, can't FOR ONCE, you people admit that a republican did something stupid? JEEZ....

they do it all the time, and all you seem to do is say....oh well, clinton did this...or democrats did that. I understand you got the memo and all but...

This guy made a fool of himself, for not knowing about his nations history. peroid.

6. Fogbuster

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

I think it was Pew or Marist; I always get them mixed up.

Point is, I don't know a single Repub supporter who has not criticized their own people; happens all the time. Problem is when it is done for purely partisan purposes.

If someone has a better idea than Bush's, or any other Repub's, then lay it out there. Let it see the light of day. Let us debate it, like adults. Let's talk it out reasonably and let the chips fall where they may.

But as long as the deck keeps staying stacked with only ONE message being transmitted: Bush is wrong; Bush is an idiot; Bush can't tie his own shoe laces; Bush is evil... Well, that does not inspire one to make further criticism of one's preferred leader; there's already THAT side of the story being told all over the "fair and objective" media.

Equal time. What it's all about.

//

7. Holy Diver

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0

#80 Jersey

I'd hate to break it to you, but those are partisan talking points again...Lets Drift away a second....hoist the jib!

The other side does have a plan, it just passed the house and senate. Your BOY is threatening to veto it. Thats the end of the debate your side wants to have.
    Bush's plan is to "Win"....now WTF is that? He never tells you how, he seems to be 2 years behind his general's suggestions, he asks for advice and does the exact opposite....

we are drifting back...now tie us back to the dock.

BOEHNER is an idiot......that was my point.

8. Fogbuster

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

And my point is if you want to get into a pissing match over which party has more "idiots" you're going to lose.

//

9. mr3putt

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

So Foggy...you want an alterative plan to "stay the course". Here's one....

We redeploy to surrounding countries....Quatar...UAE...maybe Jordan. Leaving Marine Recon and Special Forces "A" teams to continue to work with and train indigenous personnel. If these troops detect a specific target they call in the air strikes and blow the livin SH&T out of the bastards. If additional short term support is needed then bring in a limited number of Airborne brigades and clean up. Remove them immediately after the mission and get them out of harms way. Repeat as required,

Removes the provocation of standing US troops percieved as an occupying force. Takes the vast majority of our people out of harm's way while still offering fast response just in case. We remain close enough to detect and deter any Iranian intervention. Diffuses the political flashpoints and provides space for real Diplomatic initiatives.

Or....we can continue to put our best and brightest in those streets with bullseyes on their backs and get nothing other than more of our blood spilled.

The Democrats care more about winning the 2008 elections then making bold proposals for fixing this mess. They suck too. Something new is needed.

TOM BRADY FOR PRESIDENT:D

10. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +365 / 11 / -27

This is a classic case of doing one thing, and then pandering.. most of those elected fools in the House and Senate, just go along.. try to garner a vote or use every opportunity to raise some cash. One would think that before speaking to this distinguished group of veterans, that he would go over his speech with his writers/aides. Maybe they were setting him up??

11. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +667 / 2 / -9

Why don't you politically correct lefties come right out say what you are trying to say, your trying to accuse the guy of one of your favorite tools, "RACISM".
    :bricks:

12. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +365 / 11 / -27

Not racism, just "STUPIDITY AND PANDERING".

13. scout

scout Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +44 / 0 / -2

#15 Jersey

Bottom line, you would think, that a Congressman who prepares a speech and gets up in front of his colleagues and the honorable group that he is praising, would get their name right.

14. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +667 / 2 / -9

Have you ever heard some of the sh!t that comes out of Bush and Uncle Teddy, the only reason this is even being mentioned is "it involves minority's"
    :bricks:

15. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +527 / 6 / -2

Mike MGguire and Sammy Soucer! :D

It's embarassing when these clowns screw up, but they do it all the time. You would think that they'd be a little better, or more well prepared. None the less, the Tuskegee airmen were hereo's.

Maybe some Osama Obama Barama?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3YaRpx3LphI

16. mr3putt

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Was riding on the shuttle from Boston to DC a couple of weeks ago.
    So who sits down across the aisle from me but none other than Teddy and his wife.

He has two pops before the plane left Boston and as the trip proceeded his wife was desparately trying to get the flight attendents to shut him off.

Up close the man looks like death. When he arrives in DC I see him out on the curb of the terminal with two dogs who are taking a sh$t. I wish I had a camera.

Any cracks at the Kennedy's are like shooting fish in a barrel.
    They are truly...America's Dysfunctional Family.

17. Fogbuster

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

[OK, 3putt, I found it.]

Yeah, it would be sad in and of itself to see the Kennedy family's actual reality of almost total disintegration, but the problem is: they still hold positions of enormous influence, power, and responsibility, almost all of which they are no longer qualified to fulfill. Ted Kennedy has basically disqualified himself from any important public position ever since the time of the Mary Jo Kopechne death.

Yet his adoring fandom says he can do no wrong; his family has donated enough to the Catholic church he has a lifetime membership of support from the nuns and priests. And, like Bill Clinton, for all the women the Kennedys have messed over -- from Marilyn Monroe to Ted's first wife and many more -- the NOW crowd will always support him because he has sold his vote to them; he does whatever they want him to do.

//

18. mr3putt

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Living in MA I actually think that Kennedy's support base has far more to do with Senate seniority rules and his ability to bring home the pork. No one in MA thinks this lush is a statesman and in fact I am constantly forced to apologize to Federal clients for being a constituent...be it one who voted against him. Incumbency carries with it a tremendous advantage when running for re election. Until another candidate with really deep pockets comes along we are stuck with this bum.:rolleyes:

19. Fogbuster

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Indeed, you bring out a most salient point. Thank you.

It is so true that Uncle Teddy's main clout these days is with the high-tech industry and the educational establishment (the Harvards, MITs, BCs, Northeasterns, BUs, etc.) all of whom receive MASSIVE federal aid (corporate welfare) from the Fed budget ONLY BECAUSE Uncle Teddy has such seniority. Were Massachusetts to have a junior Senator, not such a senior guy like Kennedy, why, MA might have to actually *compete fairly* with other states for Federal money for high-tech and research grants!!!

Horror of horrors!!! To actually have to *work* for Fed money instead of having it handed to the state because of good ol' Uncle Ted.

The "Big Dig Rip-off" is a text-book example: Uncle Teddy's seniority gets all those Federal dollars, and the corrupt construction industry and unions steal 75% of it by doing absolutely crap work and paying billions for no-show jobs. Sucksville eight ways from Sunday. All brought to you by Uncle Teddy and Li'l Cousin John F. Kerry.

//

20. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +527 / 6 / -2

We sure are. Joe Kennedy is waiting in line too.