PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Bodden

Status
Not open for further replies.

Run DMC

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
I reviewed our 1st game against da Bills again. I gotta say I was impressed by Bodden. This guy is light years beyond that smurf we traded to the Iggles. Great coverage and timely and accurate tackling. Another poster said we need to let our 2ndary play 1 on 1 and turn loose the front seven against the Jest. I couldn't agree more.

I reviewed our 1st game against da Bills again. I gotta say I was impressed by Bodden. This guy is light years beyond that smurf we traded to the Iggles. Great coverage and timely and accurate tackling. Another poster said we need to let our 2ndary play 1 on 1 and turn loose the front seven against the Jest. I couldn't agree more.

I agree based on what I saw in the second half. It's only one game, but I've had big hope for Bodden ever since we signed him, and I'm hoping we may find some way to keep him. Bodden and Butler would make a fine duo at CB for the long term.

He seemed to be more aggressive in coverage without being reckless and showed good tackling technique. I think he'll be a good solid addition.

The guy can hit for a CB, I liked what I saw. Finally a good vet DB signing, its been awhile.

I was also very impressed by Bodden, I think our secondary might turn out to be better this year than we all previously thought.

I, too, am very impressed with Bodden after watching him closer. The only time he looked somewhat shaky to me was in the first preseason game, which was to be expected. I like his aggressiveness and he isn't afraid to come up in run support.

By the way, I think that Butler will find himself in the starting lineup sooner rather than later opposite Bodden.

Nice to see this, rather than a CB chasing a WR down the sidelines..

I, too, am very impressed with Bodden after watching him closer. The only time he looked somewhat shaky to me was in the first preseason game, which was to be expected. I like his aggressiveness and he isn't afraid to come up in run support.

By the way, I think that Butler will find himself in the starting lineup sooner rather than later opposite Bodden.

I've been predicting that for a while.

I thought the defensive backs were the most cohesive and effective unit on the Patriots defense Monday night. I'm not worried about this group.

I thought the defensive backs were the most cohesive and effective unit on the Patriots defense Monday night. I'm not worried about this group.

They won't look that consistently good in coverage when Merriweather is in the box to stop the run for much of this week. That being said, they are miles better than they were last year. If Hobbs weren't traded, he'd probably still get cut over Wheatley, and Wheatley looked like absolute crap in pre-season, and I think Bodden could be the best CB we've had since Ty Law, although he'll need more games to show-up Asante, who got better every year he was here.

Let me reiterate, this guy is light years beyond the midget we let loose.

Bodden excelled in the Browns' defense which is similiar to this one. He just fits this scheme far better than what he was playing in Detriot. I had high expectations and other than the lack of an INT so far, he hasn't disapointed.

Did you guys see Matt Cassel burn the smurf today on that touchdown pass against the eagles? That made my day!

I like Bodden but see no need to insult the other CBs we had on staff prior to his arrival...

The guy can hit for a CB, I liked what I saw. Finally a good vet DB signing, its been awhile.

Agreed. What I see after 3 games, so far, is a secondary that is significantly improved over last year. Last year the secondary was a liability. This year, again so far, at minimum it appears not to be a liability.

I said it on another thread before but bodden tackles like Ty law and his physicality shows up on tape. Even on runs to the middle he gets in the mix when applicable. I'd like to see him show the anticipation that makes corners game changers(but I'm nitpicking at this point).

He's a much improved upgrade over the past jags we had that would make opposing O. Coordinators salivate.

Did you guys see Matt Cassel burn the smurf today on that touchdown pass against the eagles? That made my day!

Yeah I saw that. I'm so glad that guy isn't one of our starting CBs anymore.

Bodden is awesome. He hits great for a man of his size. I remember one play very clearly where after the catch, he stuck a receiver and made him fall backwards. Great play.

Let me reiterate, this guy is light years beyond the midget we let loose.

Ah so you're begging for it now, huh? ;)

And I agree. Bodden has done a solid, solid job thus far. The whole secondary did good today. There were a few times when Ryan had to flee the pocket not because of the pass rush, but because the coverage was so good that it forced him to hold onto the ball until Atlanta's blocks started to break down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes