Bodden: "This is exactly why I came here"

Status
Not open for further replies.

slash83

Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal
2021 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
BostonHerald.com - Blogs: Rap Sheet

I know for a majority of players money matters most, but I think it would be hard for Bodden to leave after a successful season for himself and making it to the playoffs for the first time in his career.

Re: Bodden: " This is exactly why I came here"

Okay ... but he left the Lions ... there's 50 ways to leave your lover.

Okay ... but he left the Lions ... there's 50 ways to leave your lover.

Leaving the Lions after a 0-16 season is much easier than leaving the Patriots and competing for a championship. I know money talks, but money always inst everything to some people, being successful is sometimes just as important.

Money definitely talks. Did any of us see Deion Branch pulling what he did in 2006? Aside from some on-field showboating, he always came across as one of the more humble players through the media. And then BAM it's all about the $$. I appreciate Bodden's comments but I don't expect them to keep him from getting paid when the offseason does get here.

He came here to rehabilitate himself, he could have signed a long term contract but HEs chose not to. Hes here for the money.

Last edited:

He came here to rehabilitate himself, he could have signed a long term contract but HEs chose not to. Hes here for the money.

I believe it was the Patriots who initially balked at a long term deal and offered him a one year "show me" contract. I think the Patriots make him a fair offer and he re-signs in the off season.

I believe it was the Patriots who initially balked at a long term deal and offered him a one year "show me" contract. I think the Patriots make him a fair offer and he re-signs in the off season.

I heard the opposite, that the Pats were trying to get him long term but he wanted a 1 year deal. No way I can prove it and I may be wrong, but that's how I remember it.

I'm not sure we really need him next year ... Belichick will offer him a few million ... take it or leave it.

I'm not sure we really need him next year ... Belichick will offer him a few million ... take it or leave it.

I think we do, hes been the one "true" really good consistent player in the secondary. Hes been beat here n there but hes had a really good consistent year. I wouldn't feel too good about having Wilhite and Butler as my top 2 corners going into next season.

Bodden's been great for us this year. Hopefully he and the team can work out an extension. Same with Big Vince.

No the pats were looking to sing him to a long term contract, but Bodden rejected that and said he wanted a one year deal. Check it out.

Last edited:

They both were interested in a multi year deal but they didn't reach an agreement so they mutually agreed to go one year. I also hope to get him back.

They both were interested in a multi year deal but they didn't reach an agreement so they mutually agreed to go one year. I also hope to get him back.
That was six months ago, but i'm 99% sure Bodden rejected the multi year offer he wanted a one year deal. I hope he settles for a multi year contract myself. JHe hasn't doen enough sop far to warrent the kind of money i think he thought he was worth.

Bodden: This is exactly why I came here

I dig LB the CB and I hope they can keep him around. That said, we'd likely be ok if we had to replace him.

BostonHerald.com - Blogs: Rap Sheet Blog Archive Patriots CB Leigh Bodden, on the AFC East title: “This is exactly why I came here.”

ast year at this time, his Detroit Lions (left) were on their way to going 0-16. Now, his Patriots are 10-5 and AFC East champions.

“It feels great,” Bodden said. “Last year, I was nowhere near anything. It’s great to be a part of this. It just continues to get better as we continue to win.“

That was six months ago, but i'm 99% sure Bodden rejected the multi year offer he wanted a one year deal. I hope he settles for a multi year contract myself. JHe hasn't doen enough sop far to warrent the kind of money i think he thought he was worth.

Obviously, he would have signed a multi year for a kajillion dollars,I think that's what people are trying to say. He rejected a multi offer because he thought he could prove he was worth more than their offer.

Re: Bodden: This is exactly why I came here.

Our best cornerback since Clayborn and Law IMHO. Sign him. I think he's more complete than Samuel.

Maurice Hurst was also outstanding. A neck injury cut his career short. I'd put him in front of Asante too.

Love Bodden. If the Pats make him a fair offer and he genuinely loves it here, maybe they can figure out a long-term deal.

Not only that he is a great "bridge" player for the young uns, and has been on teams that made him realize that winning with a team is better than playing for stats..

With that being said, hope they sign him long term.. would like to go into a couple of seasons with a solid D backfield... Hank Poteat et al were not my idea's of great signings..

Love bodden, by far our best corner!!
He could teach some of his moves to Wilhite ;) I guess he is afraid that a he surpasses him

I think we do, hes been the one "true" really good consistent player in the secondary. Hes been beat here n there but hes had a really good consistent year. I wouldn't feel too good about having Wilhite and Butler as my top 2 corners going into next season.

Springs will be gone you think?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye