PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Bodden may change draft strategy: we may trade our 1st for more picks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Since1971

Practice Squad Player
Reaction score
I hadn't really thought much about Bodden relative to draft , but if he leaves that could alter our stategy. We may trade our 1st for for picks. We'd wind up with 4 seconds (like last year) and a third. (Didn't have time to review value chart, assume our 1st would get us high second and high third at least. Five picks in first 3 rounds, in a deep draft.
We could also use next year #1 to get more picks and keep Oakalnd pick. We already need: receiver, T/E, OLB, D/E, posssibly running back/OL and now CB if Bodden leaves.
Thoughts?

I'm not saying we won't trade our #1 but Bodden has little to do with it, we already have 4 picks in the first two rounds. We have needs but we don't need a top 60 pick for every one of them not to mention we could easily sign a viable, though downgrade from Bodden, CB like Lito Sheppard if Bodden leaves.

We're not replacing Bodden with a draft pick. Bodden wants to come back, and I think BB wants him back, so I'd expect him to return. However, there are no CBs in this draft that are capable of coming in and starting on this team. If Bodden leaves, our starters are Butler and Wilhite until BB can bring in a free agent.

If Bodden were to leave I figure BB would pick up Law, Townsend or Sheppard in FA.

If Bodden were to leave I figure BB would pick up Law, Townsend or Sheppard in FA.

What about Phillip Buchanon? seems like it would fit into the same mold as the Bodden deal from last year.. :cool:

If Bodden leaves, I'd think hard about trading #22 and a second rounder to Jax for pick #10 and take Joe Haden. Shut down corner.

If Bodden leaves, I'd think hard about trading #22 and a second rounder to Jax for pick #10 and take Joe Haden. Shut down corner.

I've been thinking about Joe Haden a lot lately..... I was really pissed off when the Jets got Revis and knew he was gonna be a good one. A sure fire rookie CB on a longterm contract is something I think BB has to be mulling over seriously these days............ I'm not is the Revis of this draft but by all accounts a 1st round pick. I wouldn't mind seeing us move up to get him if he is that much of talent...... hmmmmmmmmm thoughts: all you draft junkies?

I wonder if Haden could slide and how far? I'm for going up at this point not down!

I wonder if Haden could slide and how far? I'm for going up at this point not down!

If Haden runs poorly at his pro day, it is not "if he slides, but how far he slides.

I expected his agent to leak some lame excuse to the press after that showing. Something along the linesof Haden having a tight hammy or groin injury, but have not seen it yet.

The real question is what does BB do if Haden falls to #22?

Trade up for Haden this year and pick up Patrick Peterson with the Oakland '11 pick... yeah... I could live with that :singing:

Hopefully the Bodden signing will be final in the morning.

Then we can settle down with our secondary all but set with
CB: Bodden, Butler, Springs, Wilhite, Wheatley
S: Meriweather, Sanders, Chung, McGowan
DB/ST: Arrington/Lockett
There is always room for an upgrade if a free agent or draftee is there for us, but there is no need.

Last edited:
Hopefully the Bodden signing will be final in the morning.

Then we can settle down with our secondary all but set with
Bodden, Butler, Springs, Wilhite, Wheatley, Arrington
Meriweather, Sanders, Chung, McGowan, Lockett

There is always room for an upgrade if a free agent or draftee is there for us, but there is no need.

Agreed.. pretty solid for sure.. and now it's GAME time for our draft needs! .. I think they are going to address front 7 pretty heavily.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back