PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Bodden Benched?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigMike

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Todays Greg Bedard article seems to suggest Lee Bodden was benched after "two ill timed" penalties in Sundays game. With the injuries in our secondary, and new players... this is hardly good news (a veteran being benched) We need this guy to play good and smart. Was wondering why he wasnt on the field the later part of the game....

Todays Greg Bedard article seems to suggest Lee Bodden was benched after "two ill timed" penalties in Sundays game. With the injuries in our secondary, and new players... this is hardly good news (a veteran being benched) We need this guy to play good and smart. Was wondering why he wasnt on the field the later part of the game....

He forgot to yell "Revis rules" loud enough for the officials to hear before engaging the receiver. :rolleyes:

Bodden hasn't shown much, at least so far.....I guess maybe I expected tighter coverage by him....How many PD's does he have so far? I see him alot AFTER the catch......

Maybe I don't see the whole play due to watching on tv.....

I'm sure a pass rush from the DL would help.....

Hes the new Maroney.

Aside from the touchdown to Devon Bess(maybe?) I don't think I've seen Bodden really get beat. Chargers should of been called for holding a few times so was kinda bogus Bodden kept getting that called.

One of those calls on Bodden was ticky tack at best. He was in the game late in the 4th.

It was frustrating to see those holding calls and then watch a Charger *tackle* Gronkowski later in the game on a incomplete pass attempt to Welker.

Bodden hasn't really looked special this season. And he's been dinged up. Unfortunately that was his history prior to his contract season here, where while he looked good in comparison to what we had he never looked special to me. I think his contract here reflects that (half of what remotely elite corners are landing these days). For him to have signed another deal and then been immediately lost for a season and then appear to be slow rebounding on his return doesn't bode terribly well. But it is what it is. And it's early, and we have happened to face offenses out of the gate with a couple of way above average receiving options and capable QB's (one of whom is elite and the other unexpectedly got off to a hot start with a new scheme and OC which is the kind of thing he is capable of in fits and starts). I do think we will be continuing the hunt for DB's (corner and safety) come the 2012 draft.

Is it me, or does it look like he's really bulked up? I wonder if this, in addition to being dinged up, is affecting him.

the guy has not played in 2 yrs ,,,give him a break.
he will be himself.One was a B.S call on him.

with Ras -I injury he is needed more.

thanks
satish

I don't think that's accurate at all. Bodden played pretty well against Miami, I thought. Better than McCourty (and Arrington, who is definitely our weakest cover-man at this point). And the second one of those penalties was a complete joke... I don't think the CBS crew gave a replay of the first one however, so I can't comment on it.

But Bodden is doing just fine, no reason to worry.

Also... Vincent Jackson is just a freak. I didn't really know it before, but I'd put this guy in the elite level. His game is hard to describe even. He can run every route in the passing tree... and when he runs those crossing routes he somehow looks like a small quick WR who can easily get loose ala Welker... yet he's so big and physical and so fast that on those longer routes he can get separation and close in on the ball incredibly well. Even the way he lines up at the line... with his body all lurched forward ready to just demolish the first CB who tries to jam him (or still have the speed to go around him).

I hate to go on and on about a Charger haha, but it was actually fun watching this guy show off his tools... he's pretty special.

Color me surprised. I thought Bodden played really well. How many receptions has he allowed? I don't think it's many.

There was no link from the OP (hint hint), so I assume this refers to his line about Bodden "apparently being in the doghouse," which is pretty vague.

At any rate, he shouldn't be, from what I can see. His coverage looked pretty solid. The 2nd penalty was absolutely absurd.

Right now Bodden is playing better than McCourty. Yes one PI was ticky tack. This game requried us to bump at the LOS and I thought he did a decent job against 3 big guys (vjack, floyd, gates).

This thread makes me sigh. Bodden and Dowling have been our best corners so far this season. Devin will shape up though. He's a pro.

Some of you need to roll up your "Jump To Conclusions" mats and put 'em in the garage.

Umm can we give this guy a break? He didn't play at all last year and missed a good portion of the preseason. Give him some time to shake the rust off, he (and McCourty) will be fine.

If he was benched it was probably nothing more than a "wake up" call from BB for some mental mistakes rather than him playing poorly.

I thought Spikes was the new Maroney?

I thought McCourty was, I cant keep this $h it straight

Last edited:
link?

If this doesn't get a real source soon, it should be lobbed into the PS. Without a link, this is misinformation.

edit:

This link doesn't say anything about benching. Plus it uses language like "appears".

And the defense needs Dowling now that Bodden appears to be in the doghouse with his two holding penalties.

Nothing to see here. Move along.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Back