PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Bodden and Dowling Out

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well 8 out of those 10 so called experts are going to look mighty dumb tommorrow. Broncos could win in a shootout but I don't think two weapons are going to do it for you.

lol...this guy disappears right after the game tomorrow forever when Brady torches that D

ya no kidding, but the point is IF we take away the big play from him, we can contain him. and if he only runs for 100 yards or less, then it will be a tough day for their offense as they have to rely more on campbell. mcfadden last week was not running consistently at 5 yards per carry.
I'm not disagreeing with you that McFadden is the single biggest threat to containing the Raiders offense. I think we HAVE to contain him and force Campbell to win the game for the Raiders.

Well 8 out of those 10 so called experts are going to look mighty dumb tommorrow. Broncos could win in a shootout but I don't think two weapons are going to do it for you.
I'm not really sure what the Broncos have to do with anything given you lost to the third ranked total offense in week 2 and now face the first ranked total offense in the NFL in week 4.

It's clear you're here to be argumentative and nothing else. I have the upmost respect for the way in which the Raiders have gone about improving their team and you're doing a good job of turning people away from enjoying the Raiders "small level of success".

ya no kidding, but the point is IF we take away the big play from him, we can contain him. and if he only runs for 100 yards or less, then it will be a tough day for their offense as they have to rely more on campbell. mcfadden last week was not running consistently at 5 yards per carry.

Again only team to control Mcfadden on ground was Buffalo(he still combined for 140 yards pass and run) Jason campbell having to throw it completed 22- 33 for 323 Yards and 2 td

one interception (on hail mary) Now that without jacoby Ford , DHB, Chad Schilens played a little bit and No jacoby Ford) That alot of weapons your adding to the offense.

Last edited:
I'm not disagreeing with you that McFadden is the single biggest threat to containing the Raiders offense. I think we HAVE to contain him and force Campbell to win the game for the Raiders.

I'm not really sure what the Broncos have to do with anything given you lost to the third ranked total offense in week 2 and now face the first ranked total offense in the NFL in week 4.

It's clear you're here to be argumentative and nothing else. I have the upmost respect for the way in which the Raiders have gone about improving their team and you're doing a good job of turning people away from enjoying the Raiders "small level of success".

Obviously I was talking patriots. You lost to those same Bills team , so whats your point. Were both 2-1. (after we destroyed the top defense in your division. If that defense couldn't stop us, you really think the 31 pass defense going to stop us either.

lol...this guy disappears right after the game tomorrow forever when Brady torches that D

Not even the best Qb tom Brady can beat a team with only two offensive weapons, when his defense can't stop anyone offense. What ever happens there will be no disrespect to Tom Brady as you can only do so much.

Obviously I was talking patriots. You lost to those same Bills team , so whats your point. Were both 2-1. (after we destroyed the top defense in your division. If that defense couldn't stop us, you really think the 31 pass defense going to stop us either.
You're right the Patriots did lose to the Bills. The Patriots lost to the Bills because of the Patriots, not the excellent Bills.

I don't expect the defense to stop the Raiders, I expect the Patriots offense to outscore the Raiders offense & defense.

You're right the Patriots did lose to the Bills. The Patriots lost to the Bills because of the Patriots, not the excellent Bills.

I don't expect the defense to stop the Raiders, I expect the Patriots offense to outscore the Raiders offense & defense.

Can you do it consistantly with two weapons just. That where i have a hard time believing your going to win a shotout with Two freaking weapons. That like going to a gun fight and bringing a knife.

Not even the best Qb tom Brady can beat a team with only two offensive weapons, when his defense can't stop anyone offense. What ever happens there will be no disrespect to Tom Brady as you can only do so much.

Tom Brady only has 2 weapons? LOL

Oh little do you know about other teams besides the raiders

Why do you keep saying 2 weapons? So this only counts for 2: Welker, Gronk, Branch, Ocho, Woodhead Price?

Last edited:
Can you do it consistantly with two weapons just. That where i have a hard time believing your going to win a shotout with Two freaking weapons. That like going to a gun fight and bringing a knife.
By two weapons I'm going to assume you mean the following;

Code:
QB  Brady
RB  Green-Ellis Woodhead
WR  Welker      Branch
TE  Gronkowski

That small list is me being kind and referencing who the "reliable" players on offense are. Brady has gone on record stating he'll be looking to spread the ball around more after his unusually high targeting of Welkonski last week.

So the answer is yes, the Patriots will score points. It's over to the Raiders to score more. We can argue about the Patriots turning into the Colts of old (which I loathe given my inclination toward great defense) but this is the new-age, over-officiated and high scoring Goodell NFL.

Last edited:
Okay we will see tommorrow and discuss where one of our analysis was way off.

You are going up against the best offense in the NFL....and you only think they have 2 weapons? LOL

By two weapons I'm going to assume you mean the following;

Code:
QB  Brady
RB  Green-Ellis Woodhead
WR  Welker      Branch
TE  Gronkowski

That small list is me being kind and referencing who the "reliable" players on offense are. Brady has gone on record stating he'll be looking to spread the ball around more after his unusually high targeting of Welkonski last week.

So the answer is yes, the Patriots will score points. It's over to the Raiders to score more. We can argue about the Patriots turning into the Colts of old (which I loathe given my inclination toward great defense) but this is the new-age, over-officiated and high scoring Goodell NFL.

Only two players raiders have to be concerned with are Gronkowski and Welker. Those other weapons are rather average. (i think raiders control them)

M huff plays that one weapon(if Raiders put him on Gronkowski) Just double team Welker with DVD and Mike Mitchell( who going to hit welker so hard hes going to be talking fluent spanish.

again we will see tommorrow and those weapons outside of those two do something and even you lose I will still come on here and admit that i was totally wrong.

Last edited:
Only two players raiders have to be concerned with are Gronkowski and Welker. Those other weapons are rather average. (i think raiders control them)

M huff plays that one weapon(if Raiders put him on Gronkowski) Just double team Welker with DVD and Mike Mitchell( who going to hit welker so hard hes going to be talking fluent spanish.

again we will see tommorrow and those weapons outside of those two do something and even you lose I will still come on here and admit that i was totally wrong.

Please put Checkwa on Branch PLZZZZ. Branch will kill him w. double moves. I know Checkwa. He is a good CB at Ohio State but man, double moves killed him.

You are going up against the best offense in the NFL....and you only think they have 2 weapons? LOL

You have the best Qb which is a big part of that offense being as goods with two weapons (well three but hes not palying Hernandez) The other are weapons are rather average that no once fears.

Fair enough. The Bills contained the other "weapons" of the Patriots and the Patriots still put up 31 points and 495 yards of offense despite 4 Tom Brady turnovers, 3 of which you'll rarely see in 1 game combined (thanks to some bad luck) and were in a position to win the game before the defense went full ****** with some questionable referee decisions.

Last edited:
Please put Checkwa on Branch PLZZZZ. Branch will kill him w. double moves. I know Checkwa. He is a good CB at Ohio State but man, double moves killed him.

I broke down how I see the coverage breaking down in one of my post. raiders are playing 4 defensivelineman 1 True LN MLB rolando McClain and 6 DBs. One of those Dbs will play LB and thats Mike Mitchell . I think On had routt on Branch (man to man) Chekwa on Chad Johnson with posible help from Tyvon Branch. i have Huff on Gronkowski DVD with help from Mike Mitchell on Wes Welker

Again lets see IF any of your Wr can do any double moves as they might not have any time.

The point isn't raiders are going to shutdown your offense. It just stopping your offense more times than you stop our offense.

this sux

we lost to BUFF b/c our quality Depth and starters were out this game looks bad
i'm scared:(

I broke down how I see the coverage breaking down in one of my post. raiders are playing 4 defensivelineman 1 True LN MLB rolando McClain and 6 DBs. One of those Dbs will play LB and thats Mike Mitchell . I think On had routt on Branch (man to man) Chekwa on Chad Johnson with posible help from Tyvon Branch. i have Huff on Gronkowski DVD with help from Mike Mitchell on Wes Welker

Again lets see IF any of your Wr can do any double moves as they might not have any time.

The point isn't raiders are going to shutdown your offense. It just stopping your offense more times than you stop our offense.
If the Raiders are going to play 6 defensive backs that sounds like a nice recipe to control the clock and run the ball with Green-Ellis, Woodhead & Ridley assuming the Patriots control the line of scrimmage. That also keeps McHomerun off the field.

Last edited:
name change official now....

Glass-IR-Dowling.

too early to surmise that conclusion. A lot of the usual suspects r out again

10K say's he is RESTING these ppl for Week 5 vs. the NY JESTS
he is being cautious w/ them before the BIG game why would he want to be down these ppl vs THE NY JESTS???

we brought Vollmer back too early and now he is going on to Week 2 of being inactive

Last edited:
Fair enough. The Bills contained the other "weapons" of the Patriots and the Patriots still put up 31 points and 495 yards of offense despite 4 Tom Brady turnovers, 3 of which you'll rarely see in 1 game combined (thanks to some bad luck) and were in a position to win the game before the defense went full ****** with some questionable referee decisions.

I think raiders are in alot better shape with Mike Mitchell back and The way young players players played last week(Chekwa and Joey porter) Hopefully raiders won't put Huff on the wr but they put him on the TE. The bills te wasn't as big a weapon as your te.

Now you add those Cbs that played well with DVD 6'1 180.(again his coverage has been tight for the most part buthhe has troubling locating the football. That why Im putting him on Welker with help from s Tyvon Branch. Not only is he faster and bigger than Welker but he has good movement skills . Branch can help with the double team.

Again the Jets wr didn't hurt the Raiders, it was the te and RB(Huff and Mitchell back might clear up most of the raiders trouble there.

Raiders don't have to totally shutdown your offense. They just have to prevent Tds or stop them more times on defense than you stop our offense.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye