PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Bobby Carpenter

Status
Not open for further replies.

PonyExpress

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
I happened to come across these comments about B. Carpenter in Mosely's column in the Dallas Morning News, if anyone's interested. It's way too early to make judgements, especially about a rookie making the transition to 3-4 ILB. But it is interesting in that much of the argument for drafting him was based on the idea that he could have started for and helped the Pats this year. Here's Mosely:

"Where’s all this hate coming from on Bobby Carpenter? Nardo writes, “Too bad you can’t pull up the archive and see that I told you months ago that Bobby Carpenter was a wasted pick! First-rounder on the bench not sniffing the field.â€

Nardo, I couldn’t locate that particular file, but I trust that you said it. If the Greg Ellis experiment hadn’t worked, Carpenter would probably be starting at outside linebacker. The fact that Carpenter’s playing inside doesn’t mean he’s a bust. He’s not going be as dynamic as DeMarcus Ware, but I’m not sure any of us expected that. The kid hasn’t looked great, but it’s way too early to write him off. If he’s still a backup next season, then we’ll talk
."

In Bill We Trust. Another example of why that isn't a dumb thing to do.

I think people are being a little rough on B Carpenter early on. He will be a good LB in the NFL for years to come. Not great, but very good I would imagine. Maybe as good as Pierre Woods (6-2, 250 lbs) if he is lucky!! Hah.

Oh and as for #'1's...I guess drafting some Guy named Maroney was pretty good for the home team??

I still thinking back to clips from the war room and the gleam in Pioli's eye and the way he said "Maroney"!!

Last edited:
fgssand said:
I still thinking back to clips from the war room and the gleam in Pioli's eye and the way he said "Maroney"!!

Ok, where are these clips, I never saw these clips, I feel slighted!!!!!!::(

When I saw Bobby Carpenter playing at OSU I thought of 2 words...

Andy...Katzenmoyer

1976pats said:
When I saw Bobby Carpenter playing at OSU I thought of 2 words...

Andy...Katzenmoyer
Sophomore Katz, or Pats Katz? lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back