PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Bobby Carpenter Cut!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tracy White is one of our two ST leaders, along with Slater. These two are good enough to be on the team without any expectation of them every getting a rep as a position player.

On the other hand, either Francis or Rivera will need to be able to contribute at a position.

Really we added Donta Hightower to our core LB of Mayo, Spikes, Ninkovich. In order to get all 4 on the field at once Ninkovich is seeing time at LE but he is was still are 3rd best defensive player last season play SLB. Tracy White saw some time as a coverage LB last season in the playoffs and was also solid.

Tarpinian is on PA and I am sure we will see him sooner rather then later and he brings a lot more upside then Carpenter with basically the same skill set.

Really we added Donta Hightower to our core LB of Mayo, Spikes, Ninkovich. In order to get all 4 on the field at once Ninkovich is seeing time at LE but he is was still are 3rd best defensive player last season play SLB. Tracy White saw some time as a coverage LB last season in the playoffs and was also solid.

Tarpinian is on PA and I am sure we will see him sooner rather then later and he brings a lot more upside then Carpenter with basically the same skill set.

Not sure where you get Tarpanian and Carpenter having the same skillset, but either would play a miniscule role anyway.

Tracy White is one of our two ST leaders, along with Slater. These two are good enough to be on the team without any expectation of them every getting a rep as a position player.

On the other hand, either Francis or Rivera will need to be able to contribute at a position.

Francis is depth.
Rivera is LB depth and s/t contributor.
Francis replaces Pryor/Warrren from last years roster.
Rivera replaces Koutivides/Tarpanian/Guyton

Carpenter was the top backup at all three positions. He was one of the best coverage lbs. He contributed on st. This was a real surprising decision.

I would not compare him with Tracy white. White is simply belichicks choice between koutovides and tarpinian. Compare his spot with forston. The fourth lb vs the 11th dl.

I won't lie, I think there should be a roster drinking game. 'Every time BB makes you say what the ****? Drink!'

Honestly, we all saw the Pats draft some nice young LBs so why do we need age when the youth needs playing time and age does not work in a ST situation.

Carpenter was the top backup at all three positions. He was one of the best coverage lbs. He contributed on st. This was a real surprising decision.
Huh? Where does that come from? Clearly he was the last LB because he was cut. No one ever has accused him of being good in coverage.

I would not compare him with Tracy white. White is simply belichicks choice between koutovides and tarpinian. Compare his spot with forston. The fourth lb vs the 11th dl.

You aren't choosing between the 4th LB and the 11th DL you are choosing between the last LB who will be inactive in games and the last DL who will be inactive in games.
Unless for some reason you think BB has acquired early dimensia and cuts guys who will play to keep guys who won't.:confused:

It seems that BB is evaluating Carpenter similarly to all the other teams he played poorly for and you are evaluating him as much more than he has ever showed on the field.

I thought Tarpinian looked the best the bubble LBs. I'm surprised he got cut and surprised he made it to the PS. Goes to show what I know. Glad we still have him though.

Carpenter didn't do anything for me. Not surprised by this at all.

As blase as I've been about the panic over the WR depth, you can count me among the worried about the lack of depth at LB.

In the last day we've cut Tarpanian, Koutavidis, and Carpenter, all coming off of a great game against the Giants. And we've kept Tracy White who in my eyes makes Gary Guyton look effective, and Mike Rivera, who led the team in being the last guy to cover someone out of the backfield. In other words we've cut 3 guys all of whom I'd be comfortable keeping, and kept two guys who are worthless as LB, imho. Very curious. I hope to God the dust hasn't settle on this position

QFT. Carpenter >>> Mike Rivera or Tracy White.

Bill should've drafted Mark Herzlich instead of Mal Williams.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back