PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Bobby Carpenter Cut!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hold off on that report. Greg Bedard posted a RT from Schefter's Twitter, but there is no actual tweet on Schefter's account and Bedard pulled down the RT. Might have jumped the gun there.

EDIT: It is now on Schefter's Twitter account. I guess it is true. The LB dept is a concern and it was a far bigger one than WR IMHO before Carpenter was cut. Hopefully they have a back up plan.

Last edited:
I think its time for Bobby to hang it up

Well this is a surprise. We weren't exactly overstocked at LB.

shocking move based on the rave reviews during camp. I will point out he played a back up role against the Giants behind Tarp and Rivera so maybe he fell out of favor..

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter
Patriots also cut LB Bobby Carpenter.
Expand
Reply Retweet Favorite

its still there for me

Hold off on that report. Greg Bedard posted a RT from Schefter's Twitter, but there is no actual tweet on Schefter's account and Bedard pulled down the RT. Might have jumped the gun there.

EDIT: It is now on Schefter's Twitter account. I guess it is true. The LB dept is a concern and it was a far bigger one than WR IMHO before Carpenter was cut. Hopefully they have a back up plan.

Mike Reiss is reporting it too.

Gary Guyton making a comeback...

Well now, that IS a surprise. I figured with tarpinian gone he'd be here for awhile.

Fasten your seatbelts, fellahs....... it's gonna be a bumpy ride over the next few days, I suspect. :eek:

I tried searching for the news but all that comes up are debates on whether Bobby should get a haircut or not

big surprise.....i saw it on facebook

No doubt about it... Adam Seward is coming back!

another trade coming......hmmmmm ....bill must like our youth movement...

Given Cunningham's preseason maybe Ninkovich moves back to LB resetting the depth at DE and LB in the base.

SAM - Ninkovich, Hightower
MLB - Spikes, Hightower, Rivera
WLB - Mayo, Hightower

LE - Cunningham, Scott, Bequette
RE - Jones, Scott, Francis

We can still use Nink as a DE in sub packages when Cunningham slides inside.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes