Welcome to PatsFans.com

Bobby and J. Edgar

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by scout, Mar 31, 2008.

1. scout

scout Rookie

Ratings:
    +35 / 0 / -1

#15 Jersey

I just finished reading Burton Hersh’s book, Bobby and J. Edgar. I was disturbed at reading a number of items concerning RFK. I’ve read plenty of books on the Kennedy’s and was well aware of their blemishes and sins, but this book really hit hard. There is now no doubt in my mind that JFK’s assassination was a conspiracy and that anyone who still believes that the Warren Commission’s report is not fabricated has their head in the sand.
    The mob killed JFK and at this point, I’m not sure even if Oswald ever fired a shot. In a nutshell, the Kennedy’s had major ties to the mob. Joe Sr. orchestrated JFK’s election using many of his ties to organized crime. JFK, wasn’t as involved with crime figures as he was with the women friends of the underworld. When elected, RFK became the Attorney General and went after organized crime. Joseph Kennedy was always around to soothe things over between the mob, the Kennedy’s, and Hoover. Then the stroke, and it was over. In the early 60’s, J.Edgar Hoover did not believe that there was such a thing as a Mafia ( a little bit of denial from the head of largest law investigation agency in the world). He also had friends who were underworld figures and met them socially. Hoover had volumes of material on absolutely everyone, and when it came time to appoint the Warren Commission, he made sure that the conclusion was that Oswald was the lone assassin. For all the ‘tin foil hat’ comments that are sure to follow this post, I am not saying that Hoover was connected with the conspiracy, just that for whatever reason, he swayed the Warren Committee’s findings, and fed propaganda to the people of the United States. People like to hang Oliver Stone out to dry for the movie ‘JFK’ and using Hollywood liberties in making that movie, but the fact is, that movie had more truth to it then the Warren Report. J. Edgar stated that Oswald and Ruby had no ties to the underworld, when in fact, not only were they deeply connected but at times were on the FBI’s payroll as informants. A lot of information has been dismissed over the years from people at the scene who saw Oswald in the second floor cafeteria at the time of the shooting, witnesses who saw the guy behind the fence on the Knoll, witnesses who heard six shots, the lady who had movie camera taken away by an FBI agent, etc, etc. Anyone ever hear that the FBI switched the Zapruder film frames as JFK was shot, thus the footage confirms the bullets impact (from the lone asinine) caused JFK’s body to move in a certain direction. All of this is trivial as the FBI knew not only that there would be an assassination attempt on JFK in Dallas, but pretty much how it was going to be carried out. Hoover stated to a Kennedy biographer, that the FBI had notified the Dallas Police Dept. that Oswald was going to be murdered when he was removed from the Dallas City Jail. The Dallas authorities insisted on accommodating the 'communications media'.

The thing that always stayed with me when I visited the sixth floor book store in Dallas, was the scientists findings. They stated unequivocally through their audio research, that more then one gun was used to kill JFK.
    Now, anyone that wants to dispute a conspiracy, you have the Warren Report. The Warren Report versus everything else, including the truth.
  2. PatsFanInEaglesLand

PatsFanInEaglesLand Rookie

Ratings:
    +77 / 5 / -7

#37 Jersey

3. scout

scout Rookie

Ratings:
    +35 / 0 / -1

#15 Jersey

Spector is an idiot for still standing by his original stance in light of all the evidence which has come out over the years. I also have lost a lot of respect for President Ford. I guess 'Write it When I'm Gone' forgot to mention the part where J. Edgar held his affair over his head for his lone assassin conclusion.
  4. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +295 / 1 / -9

I used to say all this right after the assassination and the democrats in my family wanted to assassinate me.

The Kennedys in all their Immoral Conceited Arrogance really believed that they "scared the mob" the Kennedys really believed they could "double cross the mob" and get away with it, the Mob took care of the Kennedys just like they took care of anybody that crossed them.

After JFK & Little Bobby got whacked Uncle Teddy knew enough to keep his big mouth shut and steer clear of the Mafia so he decided he was better off just to stay drunk for the rest of his life and chase women.

A sorry lot that family, old Joe the Bootlegger taught them well, I feel sorry for some of the younger ones who have to admit "they're Kennedys"

Mother Rose spent her whole life in church praying for all those bastards.
    Last edited: Mar 31, 2008
  5. scout

scout Rookie

Ratings:
    +35 / 0 / -1

#15 Jersey

Actually, the mob got there due. Members who were involved in the assasination turned up dead or missing. Laws went into effect that cut down organized crime which was a result of RFK. The only reason the underworld wasn't taken care of sooner was that Hoover safeguarded them. Bobby may have made some mistakes, but going after the mob wasn't one of them.
    Rose was no saint. When Joe had his stroke, the hospital called Rose to sign the necessary paperwork to proceed. Rose had just gotten in from the golf course and decided that she needed to swim some laps before going, by then it was too late (payback is a *****).
  6. Terry Glenn is a cowgirl

Terry Glenn is a cowgirl Banned

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

Check out a fellow by the name of Jim Marrs to find out some REALLY interesting stuff on Bobby and JFK...

that guy knows alot.