Not open for further replies.

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Was he even in the AFCCG last year?
I watched the game last night and I don't remember
his name being called.
Were the COlts without him?
Or did the Pats effectively game plan him out?
Anyone?

Re: Bob Sanders ?

Yes, he played.

I watched the game last night and I don't remember
his name being called.
Were the COlts without him?
Or did the Pats effectively game plan him out?
Anyone?

He was one of the main reason Indy's run D improved so much in the second half of the season when he returned. He's listed at 5-8/206 so he's probably more like 5-7/190 but he has no regard whatsoever for his own body and think nothing of lauching himself into the intended target. I'm not sure how he'll fare against Randy, Dante and Wes though. All for different reasons.

Last edited:

Despite his dimunitive size, he's a reckless tackler. Reads offenses unerringly and is very fast to the target avoids blockers and most always makes a solid tackle. His only downside is that his style of play gets him banged up.

The Colts are a much weaker D with him out.

I always here of Bob Sanders as a run stuffer, what about in the passing game?

If you watch our last offensive play, the incomplete pass to Troy Brown, it's Sanders who comes flying in to break it up :(

I remember him knocking down (and nearly picking off) a Brady pass on a 3rd down intended for Troy Brown with a few minutes left. His coverage keeps the Pats from running out the clock, and Manning led Indy to the winning points as soon as he got the ball back.

Big play.

Ben Watson had a pretty good game though, and Sanders was probably covering him on most plays.

Last edited:

If you watch our last offensive play, the incomplete pass to Troy Brown, it's Sanders who comes flying in to break it up :(
...and he came real close to picking it for 6. In hindsight, maybe that would have been best since the Colts scored anyway...more time on the clock for the Pats to retake the lead.

Regards,
Chris

He was one of the main reason Indy's run D improved so much in the second half of the season when he returned. He's listed at 5-8/206 so he's probably more like 5-7/190 but he has no regard whatsoever for his own body and think nothing of lauching himself into the intended target. I'm not sure how he'll fare against Randy, Dante and Wes though. All for different reasons.

unfortunately, hes getting hurt this week again...and the colts begin their spiral down for the next couple of weeks

Despite his dimunitive size, he's a reckless tackler. Reads offenses unerringly and is very fast to the target avoids blockers and most always makes a solid tackle. His only downside is that his style of play gets him banged up.

The Colts are a much weaker D with him out.

Hopefully the deep threat will keep him out of the box on Sunday and busy downfield. Or I'll take it the other way. That being having Sanders too busy in the box and leaving the deep passes down the field open.

unfortunately, hes getting hurt this week again...and the colts begin their spiral down for the next couple of weeks

NOBODY is getting hurt this week - either team!

(Unless you count Polian's cardiac arrest.)

...and he came real close to picking it for 6. In hindsight, maybe that would have been best since the Colts scored anyway...more time on the clock for the Pats to retake the lead.

Regards,
Chris

He came real close to picking it off, but he was diving to the ground in order to make the attempt, so I don't know if he would have been able to get back on his feet and take it in, without being tackled first.

Dude is a badass....gotta keep him accounted for.

Alright Nostradamus, don't go getting prophetical!

most overrated player in the NFL, other than the one who 'went to the dogs' and won't be playing for a few years.

most overrated player in the NFL, other than the one who 'went to the dogs' and won't be playing for a few years.

You think? I think he's a beast. Funny though, on ESPN (think it was Salisbury) they were naming who the thought the best defensive player was, they mentioned Sanders, but then decided on Sean Taylor. I giggled because he was such a non factor.

Hello Pat Fans, good luck on Sunday. Must be great to be in the Boston area right now!

As for Bob, he is maybe more important than Freeney to the defense, imho he's a true difference maker in coverage, run support, and basically toughness/swagger.

Speaking of defense, is Seymour up to speed and is has Rodney Harrison shown any drop off?? Also, is Mayweather, rookie safety I believe, getting time since Harrison is back, if so how has he looked?

Lastly, has any team tried to play Nickel as the base defense against the Pats this year? This seems like something to try since Brady and Co has been completely unstoppable. (and to think I was disappointed to get Moss in my fantasy draft!!)

Have you met Jules at the indystar board?? She says Maroney is mediocre. In not so many words, I told her she was full of ****, get it?

Last edited:

Hello Pat Fans, good luck on Sunday. Must be great to be in the Boston area right now!

As for Bob, he is maybe more important than Freeney to the defense, imho he's a true difference maker in coverage, run support, and basically toughness/swagger.

Speaking of defense, is Seymour up to speed and is has Rodney Harrison shown any drop off?? Also, is Mayweather, rookie safety I believe, getting time since Harrison is back, if so how has he looked?

Lastly, has any team tried to play Nickel as the base defense against the Pats this year? This seems like something to try since Brady and Co has been completely unstoppable. (and to think I was disappointed to get Moss in my fantasy draft!!)

Sey did not look up to speed to me last Sunday. Saw only limited action. That could be just easing him back as he was certainly not 'needed' against the Skins.

Merry got hardly any PT as he's a rook buried on the depth chart.

Hard to say about 'base' D but teams have fielded enough guys to double Moss, The Skins did double Moss most of the game. Result 45 offensive points.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes