PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Bob Ryan demonstrates his a**holishness yet again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get him to the glue factory

Pathetic. But that's the Boston media for you.

I don't expect "I ride with 12" around here, nor would I really want it. But some basic goddamn neutrality would be nice.

I've engaged in email exchanges with Ryan in the past and he is one nasty, angry MF when it comes to the Patriots. He was a truly great writer years ago, but he really went over the top with this one. He's become a real jackass when it comes to Brady and BB. It's clear its personal. Referring to Gisele Bunchen as "You know who?" It reminds me of when he suggested on TV that Jason Kidd should whack his wife in the head. What a puke.

You just described the entire Boston Globe and their baseball envy.
Yeah, they sure showed their baseball envy when Bob Hohler eviscerated the Red Sox ownership by killing John Henry and the rest of them in the Francona defamation. Look, the Globe clearly has a bone-on for the Pats. But let's not pretend that Herald guys like Tomase and Borges don't live in the same neighborhood. Jeff Howe and Karen Guregian of the Herald are very fair when it come to the Pats, but Jim McBride and Chad Finn are as well. At least be fair about this.

He's not dead yet?

Ryan is 69 years old. Why is he still working? He should be retired, writing an occasional book or whatever instead of irritating us.

That's the thing. He retired from full time writing/reporting at least a year ago. He just won't go away.

Ryan is 69 years old. Why is he still working? He should be retired, writing an occasional book or whatever instead of irritating us.
He is retired.

ryan appears on ATH every now and then. lol

all of these baseball guys are jealous of the pats.

91sn32Q.jpg

Brady plays for the Patriots, a team synonymous in the American public’s mind with chicanery, if not downright cheating. Brady is collateral damage in this Deflategate matter. Though his name is not directly attached to it, the real target of the public ire is Bill Belichick. I will concede there is an additional layer of disdain for Brady because he comes off as too good to be true, being married to You-Know-Who, endorsing upscale products, and just generally coming off as Mr. Perfect. Peyton is Everyman. Brady is Top Of The Wedding Cake.

Here is the thing about the Pats being "synonymous with chicanery" that just BURNS my ass. The fact is that the ONLY reason that is true is because of the the HORRIBLY bad reporting and journalism that has been practiced by Ryan's peers for almost the last decade.

In Spygate, the media not only completely misrepresented the story as a cheating scandal, even after the Herald's bogus story was debunked, they kept that angle alive since 2007 ("proven cheaters", "...Given their past history.", etc)

In Defamegate it was the same thing only WORSE. In Spygate, although even the league admitted what they did wasn't "cheating", at least the Pats were guilty of "something". With Defamegate the entire affair turned out to be completely made up. A complete fraud that was created and then MAINTAINED by a corrupt league office and jealous owners. AND totally under reported by the so called unbiased media.

Lastly, the final straw is the constant manner the media links the Pats to everything nefarious, yet virtually IGNORES the misdoings of every other team in the league, including the Serial Cheaters over in Denver, who have had YEARS of continual cheating ranging from severe salary cap violations to vasaline on Jerseys.

The disparity is a joke and the Manning HGH story is the perfect case to highlight the hypocrisy. Brady was BLASTED for changing the sim card on a phone he was told Welles didn't want, yet Manning doesn't even get asked why HGH was delivered to his wife at his F*cking HOME!

Bob Ryan should be ashamed for his entire conduct the past year, both for himself and his entire profession. And this in me" yelling at a cloud".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back