PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Bob Kravitz discovers the real Tony Dungy

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's precisely the point. He has gone to the pulpit way too many times with his holier than thou antics. Practice what you preach is all Kravitz and everyone else is saying.

My point is just because he chose to live in a different city doesn't equate to choosing job over family. You may look at it that way, but I don't. It would mean every coach who leaves his family behind for a new job is not caring enough for his family, and I don't believe that.

My point is just because he chose to live in a different city doesn't equate to choosing job over family. You may look at it that way, but I don't. It would mean every coach who leaves his family behind for a new job is not caring enough for his family, and I don't believe that.

He didn't leave them behind. He moved them away from him.

Also, his son committed suicide.

No, no, I don't believe that either. Many people have jobs where they travel alot. 2 parent homes aren't nearly prevelant like they once were. I'm saying that for someone who preaches so much about family, it's very odd that he has made the decision to live so far away. Particularly with very little ones. And, tragic as it is, I couldn't leave my children after the tragedy with his son.

Whether you see it or not, he is a hypocrite. All coaches don't have a normal family life, you can't expect one. But they don't walk around preaching about family first like Dungy does. That's all it is really.

Just in this thread, wow, the hatred....

It's not hatred, at all. It's disgust at the actions that a man whose son killed himself has taken since that day.

Stating that his son killed himself is a simple fact. It's a big part of the discussion. Hopefully, by repeating it, coltsfan will eventually acknowledge it.

He didn't leave them behind. He moved them away from him.

Also, his son committed suicide.

He may have moved them away from him because they preferred living in Tampa to Indy.

I acknowledge that his son committed suicide. I just don't want to judge a father on something as personal as that. Who knows what happened with his son.

I get your point, and I'm sure you get mine. Now we shall move on to another subject. ;)

He may have moved them away from him because they preferred living in Tampa to Indy.

I acknowledge that his son committed suicide. I just don't want to judge a father on something as personal as that. Who knows what happened with his son.

I get your point, and I'm sure you get mine. Now we shall move on to another subject. ;)

It's completely inappropriate to judge Tony Dungy because his son committed suicide, as if it didn't torture the man. Look, I'm not a fan of Dungy for other reasons, specifically that I'm not a fan of his moralizing, particularly when it comes to homosexuality. But I don't think it's right, despite my personal distate for him and the Colts, to bring up his family tragedy as a way to belittle the man. We wouldn't like that one bit if the shoe was on the other foot.

Ok you guys can't play nice with eachother so this thread will be closed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing