PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Bob Kraft Statement

Status
Not open for further replies.
He did support him by not terminating his employment.
Coaches get terminated for not winning not insignificant mislocations of a camera. This incident was blown out of proportion by a POS commissioner and the NYC media. None of the coaches involved in the cap violations by the Broncos and 49ers got fired. Kraft also supported the POS commissioner in Ricegate when he should have been fired for incompetence. Too bad he lacks the moral fiber to support the people who made the team and the fans that root for it

So he deferred until after the NFL made their statement (which was a good idea) then said basically nothing.

The latter part sucks, and I was hoping for better, but I didn't expect any better from him. Kraft is what he is, for better or worse. Increasingly "for worse" these days, to the point that I've come to outright dislike him as an owner. It's a real shame that he couldn't be bothered to speak in support of Belichick or Brady a tenth as strongly as he spoke in support of Goodell a couple months ago.

Without reading into it like that, the only interesting part of this release is the reference to electronic communications, as well as the three days comment. Sounds like the investigators have already come and gone, and likely checked out the Pats' employees' cell phone records to see if anyone was tipped off or communicated anything damning via text?
I cant say i actually dislike Kraft but the rest of your post is spot on.

Tweaking the NFL at this point does no good. Wait till they are out of your colon. Patriots are fully cooperating. What more does anyone want. Patriots havent been accused of anything by the NFL.
You are right but they've been accused by everybody else in the world. They need to start creating their own PR campaign not issue vanilla statements.

He did support him by not terminating his employment.

How is this support? Not terminating the contract of the arguably best coach in the history of the game. What a bold decision.

Anyone who would terminate a similarly successful coach over anything but real crimes is an idiot and deserves all the mediocrity that comes with that.

Coaches get terminated for not winning not insignificant mislocations of a camera. This incident was blown out of proportion by a POS commissioner and the NYC media. None of the coaches involved in the cap violations by the Broncos and 49ers got fired. Kraft also supported the POS commissioner in Ricegate when he should have been fired for incompetence. Too bad he lacks the moral fiber to support the people who made the team and the fans that root for it

Let me offer my perspective on this.

Kraft's positioning on this is to be transparent and a custodian of the game and all it stands for. The NFL is in trouble now. It's credibility is compromised. The best thing he can do is help the integrity of the game. If the game and the league is in question, by default his team -and every single team is impacted.

He's also hedging his bets. He knows BB is a wanted man. He also know that the man has made him a ton of money. He's not going to jeopardize that relationship - nor his own integrity over some footballs. I'm betting that the NFL - and Goody are very sensitive to his business interests. I promise you Kraft is working that angle behind the scenes. If Kraft is compromised, his political power or his integrity takes a hit- so does Goodell's

Right or wrong, the perception is that BB tarnished Kraft's multi-billion dollar brand. I'm fairly certain that if BB takes more PR hits and that somehow reduces the estimated worth or revenue streams the team currently enjoys, he will be released from his contract.

Getting up in front of the world and saying how much he believes in BB and Goody is a moron and saying how honest his team is accomplishes nothing in the eyes of public opinion.

How is this support? Not terminating the contract of the arguably best coach in the history of the game. What a bold decision.

Anyone who would terminate a similarly successful coach over anything but real crimes is an idiot and deserves all the mediocrity that comes with that.
See my post below. He has sound logic on this issue.

He is not letting BB hang out to dry- far from it.

Let me offer my perspective on this.

Kraft's positioning on this is to be transparent and a custodian of the game and all it stands for. The NFL is in trouble now. It's credibility is compromised. The best thing he can do is help the integrity of the game. If the game and the league is in question, by default his team -and every single team is impacted.

He's also hedging his bets. He knows BB is a wanted man. He also know that the man has made him a ton of money. He's not going to jeopardize that relationship - nor his own integrity over some footballs. I'm betting that the NFL - and Goody are very sensitive to his business interests. I promise you Kraft is working that angle behind the scenes. If Kraft is compromised so is Goodell.

Right or wrong, the perception is that BB tarnished Kraft's multi-billion dollar brand. I'm fairly certain that if BB takes more PR hits and that somehow reduces the estimated worth or revenue streams the team currently enjoys, he will be released from his contract.

Getting up in front of the world and saying how much he believes in BB and Goody is a moron and saying how honest his team is accomplishes nothing in the eyes of public opinion.
I disagree.

Kraft will be fortunate if BB doesn't end up resigning over the lack of support Kraft has given him and the team.

Kraft chose Goodell and his relationship with his other billionaire owners over BB.

See my post below. He has sound logic on this issue.

He is not letting BB hang out to dry- far from it.

Sorry, but he has supposedly this great relationship with BB but cant be bothered to side with his coach, employee and supposed friend over the league or money?

It might be good business but it doesnt make him less of a coward. All this talk about family in interviews but when media is attacking that family in absurd tones he fails to utter a single sentence that addresses the tone of the media? Damn, he doesn't even need to say anything about innocence but only condemn the way various tv stations are overreacting..

But yes.. might be bad for his business. Lets just build that new VIP area in the endzone..

I disagree.

Kraft will be fortunate if BB doesn't end up resigning over the lack of support Kraft has given him and the team.

Kraft chose Goodell and his relationship with his other billionaire owners over BB.

I don't think you understood what I wrote.

Sorry, but he has supposedly this great relationship with BB but cant be bothered to side with his coach, employee and supposed friend over the league or money?

It might be good business but it doesnt make him less of a coward. All this talk about family in interviews but when media is attacking that family in absurd tones he fails to utter a single sentence that addresses the tone of the media? Damn, he doesn't even need to say anything about innocence but only condemn the way various tv stations are overreacting..

But yes.. might be bad for his business. Lets just build that new VIP area in the endzone..
I haven't heard a single voice attack the Kraft family....and that needs to stay that way at all costs.

I haven't heard a single voice attack the Kraft family....and that needs to stay that way at all costs.

That's the lack of courage I talk about.

We are not talking about any random people here but BB and TB. If he doesn't believe its worth to risk stepping up for them then who?

Look I understand what he is doing and also why. But given who is being attacked and more importantly the way they are being attacked, I just feel that he he could have put family over business and risked a bit of reputation for his HoF coach and HoF QB.

I don't think you understood what I wrote.
I don't think you understand what is going on. The people who have done the most to undermine the integrity of the league by Ricegate are the ones he has supported the POS commissioner and his fellow owners of the Ravens. The only thing this witch hunt is doing is setting up his team as a whipping boy to take pressure off the real incompetents. As for the value of the team, Kraft is delusional if he thinks he is solely responsible for its success. Without the employees he has failed to support, this team is just another mediocre franchise. When BB and Brady are gone, he will find out the type of fan support his team and assorted ventures receive and the true value of his friendship with the POS and his fraternity brothers who are stabbing him in the back.

That's the lack of courage I talk about.

We are not talking about any random people here but BB and TB. If he doesn't believe its worth to risk stepping up for them then who?

Look I understand what he is doing and also why. But given who is being attacked and more importantly the way they are being attacked, I just feel that he he could have put family over business and risked a bit of reputation for his HoF coach and HoF QB.
BB is not family. He is an employee. Loyalty to family and loved ones is different to loyalty to an employee.

BB is not family. He is an employee. Loyalty to family and loved ones is different to loyalty to an employee.
Then I guess he must have adopted the POS commissioner and the bimbo his grand daughter's age into the family. I actually feel sorry for Jonathan to see your father make a fool of himself after the death of his mother can't be easy to take.

I don't think you understand what is going on. The people who have done the most to undermine the integrity of the league by Ricegate are the ones he has supported the POS commissioner and his fellow owners of the Ravens.

Which is why the NFL brand is in peril. This is Business/Marketing 101 stuff. Read up on "Brand Hierarchy" and you'll gain an appreciation for Kraft's overall strategy.

The only thing this witch hunt is doing is setting up his team as a whipping boy to take pressure off the real incompetents.

...which will all exposed over time- including Goodell. It's already happening.

As for the value of the team, Kraft is delusional if he thinks he is solely responsible for its success.

I guarantee that he doesn't think that.

Without the employees he has failed to support, this team is just another mediocre franchise. When BB and Brady are gone, he will find out the type of fan support his team and assorted ventures receive and the true value of his friendship with the POS and his fraternity brothers who are stabbing him in the back.

I go back to my previous posts to help shed light on Kraft's strategy here. Not sure there is more I can say...:(

Which is why the NFL brand is in peril. This is Business/Marketing 101 stuff. Read up on "Brand Hierarchy" and you'll gain an appreciation for Kraft's overall strategy.

...which will all exposed over time- including Goodell. It's already happening.

I guarantee that he doesn't think that.

I go back to my previous posts to help shed light on Kraft's strategy here. Not sure there is more I can say...:(

The NFL brand IS in peril.

But Kraft is worried about the NFL while his own team is being assassinated.

If the NFL brand survives it isn't going to matter if your team doesn't Bob.

I don't know if he realizes how much this is affecting his team's fan base.

I can't speak for others but, depending on how things end after next Sunday, I am close to bailing on the Pats and the NFL. I don't think I'm alone.

I just feel that he he could have put family over business and risked a bit of reputation for his HoF coach and HoF QB.

Exactly!

I'm not saying he should put his neck on the line to the point that he's going down too if BB/Brady lied. But he easily could have offered some words of support that while those words could make him look foolish if they did lie, it still wouldn't get him into any actual trouble.

But he's a kissazz coward with deflated balls who wouldn't even put a fraction of his rep on the line. Screw him and I hope he's booed off the stage Tuesday.

Then I guess he must have adopted the POS commissioner and the bimbo his grand daughter's age into the family.

I think you overestimate the emotional depth of the Kraft/Goodell relationship.

I think bringing in Kraft's girlfriend into the discussion has nothing to do with this.

I actually feel sorry for Jonathan to see your father make a fool of himself after the death of his mother can't be easy to take.

You are passing judgement on a man's personal life, assuming what his family thinks, and trying to use that as proof that his business ethics and loyalty are compromised. Not cool.

After everything they have been through together ? This is horse-****. If BB is just an employee to him then there is something wrong in Kraft's brain anyway.

You can't glee about the locker room culture and the Patriot Way during positive times and then be all business to protect your brand in bad times. That is very hypocritical.

But yeah, whatever.. I just wanted to express that I am disappointed with Kraft. That is all.

The NFL brand IS in peril.

But Kraft is worried about the NFL while his own team is being assassinated.

To say that he is not worried about his $1.9B business is ridiculous.

If the NFL brand survives it isn't going to matter if your team doesn't Bob.

I don't think I understand your sentence.

I don't know if he realizes how much this is affecting his team's fan base.

I can't speak for others but, depending on how things end after next Sunday, I am close to bailing on the Pats and the NFL. I don't think I'm alone.

I think he does care, but he is being strategic in how he is trying to solve the issue and fix what is in his power.

If you bail- bail for the right reasons. Don't bail because you don't want to be associated to a brand that mediots are tarnishing- not the team itself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back