PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Bob Kraft Statement

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank God Bob ORDERED BB and the staff to cooperate.
Damn good thing we have Brady & not Rogers as QB as Mr Perfect would have cut Rogers for the "integrity of the game."

So he deferred until after the NFL made their statement (which was a good idea) then said basically nothing.

The latter part sucks, and I was hoping for better, but I didn't expect any better from him. Kraft is what he is, for better or worse. Increasingly "for worse" these days, to the point that I've come to outright dislike him as an owner. It's a real shame that he couldn't be bothered to speak in support of Belichick or Brady a tenth as strongly as he spoke in support of Goodell a couple months ago.

Without reading into it like that, the only interesting part of this release is the reference to electronic communications, as well as the three days comment. Sounds like the investigators have already come and gone, and likely checked out the Pats' employees' cell phone records to see if anyone was tipped off or communicated anything damning via text?

Last edited:
Doesn't say he believes they're innocent...

Nothing new. Basically, BB's "we're cooperating fully."

I am disappointed by that. Was hoping he'd say he's spoken to staff and believes they're all innocent with no wrongdoing.

"On Monday, I received a letter from the league office informing me that they would be conducting an investigation into the air pressure of the game balls. Immediately after receiving the letter, I instructed our staff to be completely cooperative and transparent with the league’s investigators. During the three days they were here, we provided access to every full- and part-time employee the league’s representatives requested to speak with and produced every communication device that they requested to search. It is an ongoing process that the league and our team are taking very seriously. I very much support the league’s desire to conduct a complete investigation and welcome the appointment of Ted Wells to lead the process. Competitive balance and the integrity of the game are the foundation of what makes our league so special and I have the utmost respect for those principles. Our organization will continue to cooperate throughout the league’s investigation. Meanwhile, our players, coaches and staff will continue to focus on our preparations for Super Bowl XLIX and the many challenges we face as we prepare for the Seattle Seahawks."
-- Bob Kraft

Seems vanilla if you ask me. Hopefully this is just a public facade and he's letting his displeasure be known behind the scenes about what the league is putting them through and all this over-the-top nonsense being said.

In Kraft's defense he should not say he believe's they're blameless. He gets more cred if he waits for the so-called evidence and then accepts or refutes it. Were he to be on record to saying they're clear without the evidence in, he'd have no cred to dispute possible ambiguous aspects of "evidence".
It's the "integrity of the game" BS statements I hate.
Nobody outside of NE cares about PSI game integrity if you're not a Patriot.

I'm disappointed in Kraft, but I guess I shouldn't be surprised.

I'm not sure Kraft believes his QB or his team given this statement, unfortunately.

In Kraft's defense he should not say he believe's they're blameless. He gets more cred if he waits for the so-called evidence and then accepts or refutes it. Were he to be on record to saying they're clear without the evidence in, he'd have no cred to dispute possible ambiguous aspects of "evidence".

Saying he believed Brady, BB & his ball boys (as Brady did) would've gone a long way to making me feel good about the validity of Brady's comments yesterday. Now, I'm stuck between thinking Kraft thinks Brady is FOS or Kraft is more concerned with the league and less than Patriots.

I'm disappointed in Kraft, but I guess I shouldn't be surprised.

I'm not sure Kraft believes his QB or his team given this statement, unfortunately.

I'm disappointed too but what else can he say at this point?

I was hoping he would say something to that effect.
That was my hope but I can see why he played it right down the middle.

That ship already sailed when he made his mad dash to defend Goodell a couple months ago. Just based on that, he won't have any cred with anyone who doesn't feel like believing him, no matter what he says or when he says it.

Hmmmmmm

Hmmmm

Hmm

Trying not to read into it. But

Hmmmmm

Agreed. This is very likely a canned and prepared statement. They probably went into a hard drive somewhere, opened up 'canned statement number 1-1A-2B, changed a few words and released it.
The statement will be vague and supportive of the investigation. I'm ok with that -- the Patriots have to play this ugly media game for now.

HOWEVER, Kraft best not throw BB, TB or anyone under the bus unless there is a smoking gun sitting in their hands. If he does and puts the 'league' first, considering Indy sure didn't care about the league, then it will be a long time before I hear the name Kraft without feeling disdain.

"I believe in my coach, and my quarterback, and the staff here that have told me we weren't responsible for any deflation." - There's nothing to lose from saying that.
Precisely. The statement sucked, no other way around it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back