PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Bob Kraft plays hunches

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fencer

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
Since we have a bunch of threads psychoanalyzing Bob Kraft, I'd like to remind us of something -- he's a hunch player. Reasons for saying that include:

1. Jonathan Kraft was quoted saying his father's gut instincts were pretty much infallible. Whether Jonathan really means that or was just sucking up to his Dad almost doesn't matter with respect to my point; either way, it's clear that Bob Kraft relies heavily on gut feelings.

2. The Bob & Myra Kraft story started with one of those "Meet a girl and immediately decide you're going to marry her" incidents.

3. Kraft has excelled at business, to an extent that can't be explained just by his conventional skills.
  • He's smart, but not outlandishly so.
  • He's presumably a good manager, but I haven't heard one story to suggest he's outlandishly so.
  • He's competent at promotion, but nothing special in that regard.
That doesn't leave a lot of other possibilities to explain his great success (even from his starting point of a good education plus married/inherited wealth) other than:
  • Gut instincts.
  • Luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back