PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Bob Kraft Depreciation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
All of you make me sick. Roger Goodell is your hero and Bob Kraft is the bad guy. Seriously?

He got stong-armed by the the NYJNFL-suit-and-tie-mafia-FO, the media and the other 31. The threat of a BB lifetime banning and Tom destoying his phone forced him to capitulate.

Blame everything on Kraft and ignore all other circumstannces. Sounds reasonable.

If you don't stand behind Kraft, Bill and Tom then you stand behind Roger, Kensil, Vincent, Pash and the rest of the POS a-holes at 345 Park Place.

I'm not jumping on the turncoat what-have-you-done-for-me-lately bandwagon. You guys can stand on your Jet-run bandwagon and I'll stand behind my team. Come January I'm calling all you pretend fans out as we march to #5. The posts you're making now will be re-posted during the post-season playoffs when we push our way to an unprecedented 8th SB appearence in the last 21 years, and I'm not kidding.

Jesus Tom, you gave them the phone before the phone after you told them you always destroy the old phone before you get a new phone. And you destroy the phone they want just before you meet Wells but give them an old phone after telling them you always destroy your old phones and sim-cards as habit. Dude, WTF? You totally destoyed your cred.

You normally come across as a reasonable poster save for this misguided lunacy. Yes, Goodell IS the bad guy but Kraft is his spineless enabler. Where on God's green earth did you get this nonsense about a threatened lifetime ban for BB? And for heaven's sake, WHY are you buying the league's diversionary company line about Brady's cell phone being the missing holy grail?

Please, read some of the other threads exploring underlying details; for instance, regarding Florio's insightful PFT post last night on the cell phone issue. Goodell and his minions deserve our wrath. Kraft's servile compliance deserves our contempt.

Last edited:
You normally come across as a reasonable poster save for this misguided lunacy. Yes, Goodell IS the bad guy but Kraft is his spineless enabler. Where on God's green earth did you get this nonsense about a threatened lifetime ban for BB? And for heaven's sake, WHY are you buying the league's diversionary company line about Brady's cell phone being the missing holy grail?

Please, read some of the other threads exploring underlying details; for instance, regarding Florio's insightful PFT post last night on the cell phone issue. Goodell and his minions deserve our wrath. Kraft's servile compliance deserves our contempt.
I know where my loyalty lies, and I beleive in Bob Kraft.

I never swayed for 1 second as to our owner having this teams back. Did he make a mistake by trusting the NY-Run NFLFO? Yes.

Were his intentions to throw Tom, Bill and the rest of the oganization under the bus? Never.

I know where my loyalty lies, and I beleive in Bob Kraft.

I never swayed for 1 second as to our owner having this teams back. Did he make a mistake by trusting the NY-Run NFLFO? Yes.

Were his intentions to throw Tom, Bill and the rest of the oganization under the bus? Never.
Get back to me when his "intentions" align with his actions. Perhaps his statement this morning is a small step in the right direction, albeit too little too late.

All of you make me sick. Roger Goodell is your hero and Bob Kraft is the bad guy. Seriously?

He got stong-armed by the the NYJNFL-suit-and-tie-mafia-FO, the media and the other 31. The threat of a BB lifetime banning and Tom destoying his phone forced him to capitulate.

Blame everything on Kraft and ignore all other circumstannces. Sounds reasonable.

If you don't stand behind Kraft, Bill and Tom then you stand behind Roger, Kensil, Vincent, Pash and the rest of the POS a-holes at 345 Park Place.

I'm not jumping on the turncoat what-have-you-done-for-me-lately bandwagon. You guys can stand on your Jet-run bandwagon and I'll stand behind my team. Come January I'm calling all you pretend fans out as we march to #5.

The posts you're making now will be re-posted during the post-season playoffs when we push our way to an unprecedented 8th SB appearence in the last 21 years, and I'm not kidding.

Let me guess. You're one of the Krafty ones who thought that Bob was brokering a deal when he threw Tom under the bus. I guess it's time to shift the focus now to something else.

Bob did not stand behind Tom (the man most responsible for turning Bob from a billionaire into a multi-billionaire) in any way. Sounds reasonable.

Bob told us all point blank that his team was Roger and the other 31 owners, and his actions have said the same thing. He also pointed out that he knew the fans won't like it. Sounds reasonable.

Let me guess. You're one of the Krafty ones who thought that Bob was brokering a deal when he threw Tom under the bus. I guess it's time to shift the focus now to something else.

Bob did not stand behind Tom (the man most responsible for turning Bob from a billionaire into a multi-billionaire) in any way. Sounds reasonable.

Bob told us all point blank that his team was Roger and the other 31 owners, and his actions have said the same thing. He also pointed out that he knew the fans won't like it. Sounds reasonable.
It's too bad for all the Bob Kraft haters here that you never got to root for the St. Louis Stallions.

Get back to me when his "intentions" align with his actions. Perhaps his statement this morning is a small step in the right direction, albeit too little too late.
Respectfully removed.

So Kraft has now "admitted" that he was wrong. Sorry, Bob, but it's way too little, way too late.

Anything Kraft utters...I'll check for myself.

I appreciate that he realized and admitted how badly he screwed up. Doesn't change the fact that when the time came to act, he made the worst possible call and sold out the fans and his QB. The best possible interpretation is that this was a step in the right direction, sure, but it doesn't come anywhere close to making up for what he did. The worst possible interpretation is that this is a cynical PR game to appear sympathetic while still getting what he wanted in the first place.

Last edited:
It's too bad for all the Bob Kraft haters here that you never got to root for the St. Louis Stallions.

Or the Hartford Hellcats. Oh wait, that was Krafty wasn't it? Time for yet another subject change.

People are making a big mistake by buying into this portrayal of Bendover Bob as some type of naive old man who got taken advantage of by the big bad Goodell.

Things we know (or should know):

Kraft absolutely is one of the most powerful and influential owners in the league - this was demonstrated during the lock out and the constant lobbying for international games and/or a international franchise.

When Kraft bent over (and by extension his QB, Coach and team's fanbase) it was was decided that he would be allowed to make this type of worthless mea culpa later - in order to restore his standing with those desperate to forgive his actions.

Kraft told you straight that he's all about the 'strength of the 32' - he is all about making the NFL as strong and profitable as possible - for those who need reminding - the continuous enforcement of parity is actually a mission statement of the league.

The NFLPA are a bunch of stooges for the most part - i'm sure they've blackened the eye of the league a few times in the past - probably carefully choreographed by the NFL to give the impression of conflicting interests.

Look at Troy Vincent for proof of this - from NFLPA stooge to NFL henchman - if there is a more scary individual in league circles than Vincent i'd hate to see them - everything about this guy is just wrong - psychotic/psychopathic whatever.

Don't fall for this cheap publicity stunt - the lady doth protest too much, methinks.

I was pretty disgusted by Kraft's decision but after yesterday, I have forgiven what happened.

Look, it was a mistake, and even he admits that. But we've all made mistakes. Maybe he thought he was doing the right thing. Maybe he folded. Whatever you think, the point is that he's accepted his mistake and is trying to atone for it.

And part of the reason we were all so upset and passionate about what happened is because of how great this franchise has become, and a large part of that is thanks to Kraft. There's a good chance none of us would care that much if it weren't for him.

Yeah, he ****ed up. We all have at one time or another. But he absolutely deserves a second chance. It's time to let it go and for everyone to come together. It's time for the F-YOU tour of 2007 again, hopefully with a happier ending.

The only thing more phony than Krafts recent statement would have been if he shook his fist in the air and yelled "Dam you Goodell".

The two apologies to the fans proves to me that "Bum kisser Bob" knows the core fans have lost all respect for him & his statement was more damage control for Bob Kraft than support for Tom Brady.

I was pretty disgusted by Kraft's decision but after yesterday, I have forgiven what happened.

Look, it was a mistake, and even he admits that. But we've all made mistakes. Maybe he thought he was doing the right thing. Maybe he folded. Whatever you think, the point is that he's accepted his mistake and is trying to atone for it.

And part of the reason we were all so upset and passionate about what happened is because of how great this franchise has become, and a large part of that is thanks to Kraft. There's a good chance none of us would care that much if it weren't for him.

Yeah, he ****ed up. We all have at one time or another. But he absolutely deserves a second chance. It's time to let it go and for everyone to come together. It's time for the F-YOU tour of 2007 again, hopefully with a happier ending.

Watching you people buy what you know is a ******** apology is really disgusting. You demonstrate a lack of character that rivals Kraft's.

Watching you people buy what you know is a ******** apology is really disgusting. You demonstrate a lack of character that rivals Kraft's.

You may be right, it might be a ******** apology. But as often happens, I think you're taking it a bit far. It's not a lack of character, but rather a recognition of what it's like to be a human.

I don't know how it turns out. In the end, you may be correct, but it will be by sheer luck. You and I, and even Kraft and Goodell and Brady, nobody knows for sure how this will turn out. Maybe he'll save the day like with the lockout. Maybe he'll get thousands of people to give up their tickets in disgust. But over the past few decades, Kraft has done a lot of good, amazing things for this franchise. It might not even be here if it wasn't for him.

People tend to oversimplify others because it's easier to deal in black and white than the multiple shades of grey (but not 50). We think of this person as honest, this person as a liar, this person as a thief, this person as kind. The truth is we're all capable of anything. Given the right situation or right circumstance or right pressure point, honest people can lie, while liars can be honest.

Kraft failed to stand up during Spygate, and he failed in trusting the league this year, no question. Does that mean he will always fail? No. The world doesn't work that way, people aren't destined to always do the same things, and if anyone has earned a second chance after two decades of incredible ownership, it's Kraft. You don't have to forgive him, but he deserves at least the opportunity to redeem himself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back