PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Bob Costas is a HATER!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I never have & never will respect Bob Costas.He's a big jerk.

Mmm.. I think he cannot show favoritism and I have seen him go for and against the Patriots...

He tries to be neutral and while I can't say he is one of my favorites, he has given the Pats a lot of praise.. I don't think he likes BB though.

Marino seemed to be a little ticked when Carter said that TB could be the greatest ever QB with 5 or 6 rings, maybe more... He pointed out that Brady had a great team around him...

I wonder if Marino is implying that he could have done as good, if he had Moss, Welker et al for support.. anyway, that's reading too much into it, I guess.

When did you lose any and all respect for Bob Costas?????

Someone else suggested it... and it makes alot of sense.

So what is your view on him?

Re: When did you lose any and all respect for Bob Costas?????

when he gave in to temptation and kept the magic ring for himself.

A better question would be:

Have you ever had any respect for Bob Costas????

Answer: No.

Mmm.. I think he cannot show favoritism and I have seen him go for and against the Patriots...

He tries to be neutral and while I can't say he is one of my favorites, he has given the Pats a lot of praise.. I don't think he likes BB though.

Marino seemed to be a little ticked when Carter said that TB could be the greatest ever QB with 5 or 6 rings, maybe more... He pointed out that Brady had a great team around him...

I wonder if Marino is implying that he could have done as good, if he had Moss, Welker et al for support.. anyway, that's reading too much into it, I guess.

People should check out CHFF's take on Marino and that era of Fins -- they had a running game and planty of defense, but could not get it done.

I have no problem with people rooting for the upset -- we had no problem with it in 01 when the Rams were the juggernaut and people were pulling for the Pats.

My view on Costas?

A little wimp who was probably picked last on football play in high school gym class and was only allowed to be waterboy at the actual HS football games because he was too small to make the team roster.

Probably gets his jollies to pick on the Perfect Patriots since he has no true self-esteem and is frustrated due to his 3 inch killer that his wife constantly complains about.

Thats my view on Mr. Bob Costas

When he started coloring his hair with shoe polish.

I've always liked bob costas.

I like the guy. Probably one of the best sports newsmen in the history of sports newsmen.

He dropped in my regard when he started injecting himself into the story more and more with his "traditionalist" baseball views. But I haven't had HBO in 15 years so haven't seen much of him in a long time.

Not sure how you can call him NEAR the best...I have been a bit OK with him..at times...BUT what he did NOT do on that Sunday night when he interviewed Goodell to me showed me how he is a POOR journalist and hardly anything close to good....
ANY good journalist would have asked Goodell about the leaked videotape..that WAS the story of the day..but lil Costas FAILED to ask the Commish about it.
SORRY that is an F in Journalism 101...he was either in Goodell's pocket in which case, calling him near the best is laughable..or is he just one with no gonads?? near the best?? HARDLY....I think HE KNEW OF the story and it was MORE a promotion of Goodell...near the best?? NO WAY!!

when he gave in to temptation and kept the magic ring for himself.

LMFAO :D Seriously.

For me, it was a couple of years ago when he lost a bet on Inside the NFL, and he refused to pay up on it. He was suppose to dress up like Mini Kiss (the rock band), and he just flat out refused to do it (like he was too good to pay up). Even Marino and Carter got into the act by the end of the show, but Costas (the loser of the bet), just sat there completely welching.

Call it petty... but welching on a bet (especially when done for fun on TV), says a lot about a guys character. He's a weasel.

This year on SNF he sealed my hatred for him, when they were doing a "feel good' piece on some HS football coach who won more games than anyone ever... the guy looked like it was the highlight of his life (being featured on NBC), and when they cut back to Costas and Olberman at the desk, they were both snickering at the guy and made some arrogant comment like "Alrighty then!"

It made me sick to my stomach... I wanted to reach through my TV and ***** smack some respect into him.

For me, it was a couple of years ago when he lost a bet on Inside the NFL, and he refused to pay up on it. He was suppose to dress up like Mini Kiss (the rock band), and he just flat out refused to do it (like he was too good to pay up). Even Marino and Carter got into the act by the end of the show, but Costas (the loser of the bet), just sat there completely welching.

Call it petty... but welching on a bet (especially when done for fun on TV), says a lot about a guys character. He's a weasel.

This year on SNF he sealed my hatred for him, when they were doing a "feel good' piece on some HS football coach who won more games than anyone ever... the guy looked like it was the highlight of his life (being featured on NBC), and when they cut back to Costas and Olberman at the desk, they were both snickering at the guy and made some arrogant comment like "Alrighty then!"

It made me sick to my stomach... I wanted to reach through my TV and ***** smack some respect into him.

olberman's a tool too !!

I actually talked on the phone to him in college. I went to Syracuse and my freshman roommate is from St. Louis, and lived down the block from Bobs mom. As a grad of Newhouse School of Communications, he called my roommate to meet up one day when he was at the school. My roommate wasnt around so I picked up and spoke to him for 10 seconds. LOL. I may not agree with what he says all the time, this much is true. His voice and vocabulary are unparalled. He has a perfect voice and diction. I dont know of any announcer who speaks as well.

As for his thoughts.,,well thats a diff thread.

I dont know of any announcer who speaks as well.

Jim Lampley owns him in that area. I wish Lampley covered football. He would be awesome.

I think it's silly on his show where he has Marino, Collinsworth and Cris Carter and the 4 of them give opinions about football related topics AS IF Costas has insight equal to the rest of his panel. He must be a huge egomaniac.

He's also a yankee lover and is mean to his *****.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back