PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Board predictions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pats will go 9-7. Our D is not that good and our O can only win so many games.

After hearing about losing Bodden for the season, I'm revising my prediction. 10-6, not 11-5, unfortunately. :mad:

After hearing about losing Bodden for the season, I'm revising my prediction. 10-6, not 11-5, unfortunately. :mad:

I think Bodden is a big loss, but I don't know if he is the type of player who would affect a win or a loss. It could happen, but personally his loss is not going to change my prediction just yet.

Patriots go 19-0!
Brady 51 TDs 5,085 yards
Moss 24 TDs 1,849 yards
Wes Welker 144 rec
McCourty 15 int

book it.

Re: Board predictions.

Yes, the 2008 Cardinals were a joke. The best they could do that year was come close to winning the Super Bowl.

So the Pats didn't beat the Ravens in week 3? Good to know.

So what you are telling us is that teams that actually finished in the top quarter of the league weren't top quarter teams when they played the Patriots. They sent their B squads to play the Patriots.

I may have 13k posts, but it only took you 145 posts to tell me and probably most people that your posts are not worth reading.

Aww, now you guyz r all gangin' up on me and hurtin' ma feelings. ima gettin' all this "bwah! Look at what that guy said. What a tool." and the like. Oh yeah? Well, if you freaking ingested it right, you'd be able to see what I'm saying. Take off the rose colored glasses and squint down to 20-20 vision this time around, please. Hey, ima take 10 or 15 minutes out of my nice leisurely afternoon for this, so no callin' me names er funny disses afterwards.

Ready? Here we go...

1. When I said "marquee, top 1/4 of the league teams I was mostly talking about PERENNIAL ones of the 2nd half of the last decade who were still hot in the '08 & '09 seasons. You know, The Pats usual big game foes. The "elite 8" was... in the AFC- The Pats, The Colts, The Steelers, & The Chargers. In the NFC- The Packers, & The Giants (both perennially strong teams in 2nd half of decade with many playoff games played) and The Saints & Vikings of last year. Eagles get an honorable mention too.

2. If you think The Cardinals brought their Tiger Wood's-esque "A Game" up to Foxboro in the snow, you are completely delusional. They had clinched a playoff berth 2 weeks prior and had been hosed by The Vikes the week before. Had The Cards been fighting for a berth and the weather been human, you woulda seen a TOTALLY different effort outta them. That whole team came out of the tunnel wrapped in their ponchos and couldn't wait to get tha fug outta town come the final whistle. My God, man. See things for what they truly are. Certainly after the 1st quarter, The Cards cut their losses and mailed it in the rest of the day. It was 40-0 at one point until Fitzgerald scampered down the sideline for 6. And wasn't Warner ka-nocked outta tha game early? I mean, cool and everything. One of out players actually touched an opposing quarterback when it actually mattered for once. I ask you, Rob, when's the last time we saw a meaningful Pats sack? Merriweather's in Seattle, that's when!

3. And no, The Ravens win was gift wrapped to them by the receiver who choked the 4th down conversion on the freaking 5 yard line. Now, come clean and tell the freaking truth over here and stop trying to impress your PatsFans buddies. I so know you were pooping your pants seeing that pass coming into his hands! We ALL were. I was cursing a string of expletives you could prolly hear all the way down the street. I had witnessed a defensive fold AGAIN at the end of a game. The guy dropped it. Un-freaking-believable. That was Bill Buckner territory. And people were saying it was because he heard Merriweather's footsteps or whomevers'? Nah. Not a chance. That was The Ravens beating THEMSELVES. Ever hear of that type of win?

4. No, The Ravens were not seen as an elite team when they came to Foxboro in (what was it again?) week 3 or 4 'er sumpthin'? Pats were expected to beat them. The Pats beat The Falcons right before or after that game at home too. Rob, most people put The Ravens & Falcons on pretty much the same level when they were back-to-back Foxboro opponents. Rob, the only reason you're hyping The Ravens that particular week is because of what they did in January. NOW they're an elite team. After the playoff massacre and the acquisition of kick ass free agents they got over the offseason.

4. Now, do the math and look at what The Pats record is against The Colts, Steelers, & Chargers in the last 2 seasons. 0-4. Wtf is that? It was reversed and then some before then. 4-1 in AFC Championship games ALONE! Anyway, that's how I remember it. Add in the rest of my "elite 8" and what we got since The AFC Championship? ZERO and SIX, that's what.

You think its fun for me to tell you this? Yeah, the little guy with the miniscule amount of posts? No, it's not. I love The Pats so much, I can't even sit down while they're playing. I havta pace back & fourth. I WISH I could see a really kick ass Pats win lately, but every time they go against the other big bad-ass franchises, they freaking lose.

Now, these days, they had to pull a rabbit out of their hats week one on MNF against Buffalo. That was a wonderful birthday present for me last year, lemme tell ya. As was them beating Favre in The Meadowlands the season before. 2 nice birthday presents for me on my date 2 straight years. Now we watch them fold in the 2nd half of games once the opponent adjusts at halftime. Yeppers, just like in Denver & Miami last year.

Rob, and all y'all over here makin' fun of me, I'm as big of a Pats freak as the rest of yuz, but come on now. Geebus.

There. The End... and stuff.

Before losing Ty Warren and Bodden I was thinking 11-5, but now I'm thinking 10-6 and wouldn't be surprised by 9-7. I hope I'm wrong, but trying to be objective, I don't see us going 12-4 or better. The Pats are relying a lot on rookies and on a strong offense to cover a young and developing D.

I don't see the dolphins or jests being any more than 8-8, maybe 9-7. And the Bills... with the number 4 overall pick in the 2011 NFL draft, the Buffalo Bills select...

It's going to be an interesting season, and we haven't even seen the first regular season game yet, so you never know... here's to hopin'!

11-5 and win the division

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Back