PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Board predictions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Board predictions.

man, i wish i had your confidence. that schedule looks brutal to me. it all comes down to one thing and i can't even bring myself to say it after what went on this year with the b's , c's, sox.

I think the Vikes are in for a fairly big decline. They probably make the playoffs because it is the NFC, but I don't think they will be the elite (or near elite) team they were last year. I don't think anyone else other than Green Bay will be strong in that division.

I don't have any confidence in any team in the AFC North other than the Ravens. The Bengals and Steelers could be really good or in for a big decline. It is tough to tell on both since they have a lot of questions and their success or failure depends on them.

I think this division will be tough, but not as tough as people think. I still think the Jets are closer to the team that should have gone 8-8 or 7-9 and missed the playoffs than the team that after they got into the playoffs went to the AFC Championship game. I think the Dolphins will improve, but they have turned over their defense as much or more than the Pats and could take time before they get on track. The Bills are the Bills.

Both San Deigo and Indy are tough, but both have more question marks going into this season than previous years. Indy's o-line looks in shambles. San Deigo are missing both Vincent Jackson and Marcus McNeill are still out and it is questionable if either return.

NYJ: 12-4
Miami: 10-6
NE: 9-7
Buff: 5-11

This year is just a precursor. It will be a repeat of 2002. Offense will keep the team in games, but the D will not be enough to hold leads. Way to many young guys on D, and the O line is not what it should be without Mankins.

With 2 1st and 2nd rounders next April, those issues will be resolved, and the 2011 season will look different........Much different....more like 2003.

This year is just a precursor. It will be a repeat of 2002. Offense will keep the team in games, but the D will not be enough to hold leads. Way to many young guys on D, and the O line is not what it should be without Mankins.

With 2 1st and 2nd rounders next April, those issues will be resolved, and the 2011 season will look different........Much different....more like 2003.

:idontgetit:

The Ravens won the AFC North and the Jets went to the AFC Championship game last year and the Pats beat them both. In 2008, they beat both Miami and Arizona, both division winners and Zona went to the Super Bowl that year. Yes, they have lost to several contending teams over that two year stretch, but stop making stuff up. Because the bolded statement is nothing close to the truth.

I was walking around earlier and was going through the '08 & '09 swasons on my head before I saw your post. The only one of those games you can throw back at me was The Jets one. Fine. I'll give it to you. The Zona one was a friggin' joke. You have 13K posts and you're gonna count that one? They didn't even show for that game. They tanked the last quarter of the regular season after they clinched a playoff berth, plus it was on the snow. Zona i the snow post clinching is not the same as a pre-clinch Zona in human weather. Miami is NOT a marquee top quater of the league at the time team. And the Ravens win was a friggin' gift because the receiver dropped that pass at the end.Plus, they b*thchslapped The Pats back into the effing dark ages on the same field in January.

I ain't making up d*ck. What you doin'? Swimming in a freaking pool's worth of Kool-Aid?

I was walking around earlier and was going through the '08 & '09 swasons on my head before I saw your post. The only one of those games you can throw back at me was The Jets one. Fine. I'll give it to you. The Zona one was a friggin' joke. You have 13K posts and you're gonna count that one? They didn't even show for that game. They tanked the last quarter of the regular season after they clinched a playoff berth, plus it was on the snow. Zona i the snow post clinching is not the same as a pre-clinch Zona in human weather. Miami is NOT a marquee top quater of the league at the time team. And the Ravens win was a friggin' gift because the receiver dropped that pass at the end.Plus, they b*thchslapped The Pats back into the effing dark ages on the same field in January.

I ain't making up d*ck. What you doin'? Swimming in a freaking pool's worth of Kool-Aid?

Yes, the 2008 Cardinals were a joke. The best they could do that year was come close to winning the Super Bowl.

So the Pats didn't beat the Ravens in week 3? Good to know.

So what you are telling us is that teams that actually finished in the top quarter of the league weren't top quarter teams when they played the Patriots. They sent their B squads to play the Patriots.

I may have 13k posts, but it only took you 145 posts to tell me and probably most people that your posts are not worth reading.

Super Bowl: Ravens over Packers

Ravens ain't making it to the Super Bowl with that secondary.

Anyway, I'm tempted to say 12-4, but really it all comes down to injuries.

Last edited:

I don't think that the Pats will do nearly as well as most everyone else thinks, but there is no way, whatsoever, that the J-E-S-T will finish 12-4. They'll be lucky to win 10 games.

Ravens ain't making it to the Super Bowl with that secondary.

Anyway, I'm tempted to say 12-4, but really it all comes down to injuries.

The 2004 Pats has shown that a strong front seven can make up for a poor secondary. I don't think there is a team in either conference without a major flaw. Indy can't run the ball or stop the run. The Chargers' defense isn't great. We all know what the Pats' flaws are. The Jets have issues on offense especially at QB. The Dolphins have turned over their defense. The Steelers lose Roethlisberger for a quarter of a season, have problems running the ball, and have a defense that is older than Moses.

The Ravens' secondary could be their downfall, but I don't think they are more flawed than anyone in the AFC probably the league.

The 2004 Pats has shown that a strong front seven can make up for a poor secondary. I don't think there is a team in either conference without a major flaw. Indy can't run the ball or stop the run. The Chargers' defense isn't great. We all know what the Pats' flaws are. The Jets have issues on offense especially at QB. The Dolphins have turned over their defense. The Steelers lose Roethlisberger for a quarter of a season, have problems running the ball, and have a defense that is older than Moses.

The Ravens' secondary could be their downfall, but I don't think they are more flawed than anyone in the AFC probably the league.

I guess.

But the 2004 Patriots also had Tom Brady. And while Asante and Randall were young, they were/turned into quality players. The 2010 Ravens have... well, they had Foxworth. Who else? Fabian Washington and...?

Miami -11-5
Pats 10-6
Jets 7-9
Bills 4-12

Until the Pats come up with a defense that can rush the passer, it will hurt them all season, the offense should be fine..... I want to say 12-4, but the defense is to young and will cost them 2 games...
Ironically, you say the Pats will be 10-6 because their defense will bring down the offense, yet the Dolphins with a worse D will be 11-5.

Got it. Never beat a good team except for the games that you dont want to count for whatever reason.

Pats: 11-5
Fins: 9-7
Jets: 8-8
Bills: 6-10

The Jets salvage a .500 record week 16 allowing Rex to keep his job. (2011 offseason champs again)

I don't get the lack of confidence. Brady looks like a different player and more importantly seems more into it emotionally than he was last year. He's got more weapons than ever. The defense is suspect, but it can't be any worse than last year and the young guys will only get better around the midpoint.

If they had taken the Texans game seriously last year, they would have been 11-5. Why is saying they are one game better than last year a stretch?

I think the Jets are highly overrated and just lucked out last year. Add in the Revis drama and the fact that Mark Sanchez is their quarterback and I don't think they're more than a 9-10 win team if they're lucky.

Patriots 11-5
Jets 11-5
Dolphins 8-8
Bills 5-11

Patriots win Div.

Patriots 14-2.
#1 Seed.
Patriots over Indy (at Foxboro) for AFC Championship.
Patriots over Green Bay for Super Bowl (just like Madden predicts).

Book it.

QB12

Tempted to say they're going undefeated, but I'll stick with 14-2. Tom Brady's on a mission, and when he is, watch out league.

QB12

Now that is comedy...:rofl:

NE - 12-4 People do the same thing every year, look at the opponents record from the previous season and make assumptions. And every year the schedule doesn't come close to looking the same in October as it did in August.
Miami - 8-8 With all of the questions about NE's pass rush - where does their pass rush come from? Where did the 22 ranked defense in total yards, 25th in PPG, 24th in passing improve? They added Dansby nice pickup, is Wake ready to be a full time player and can he repeat his 5.5 sack performance without Taylor and Porter, will Starks perform at the same level without a big time OLB behind him? Their secondary is terrible.
NYJ - 6-10 Two words Mark Sanchez!
Bills - 3-13 Well they are the Bills.

I think some teams that will surprise people are Cleveland, Detroit and KC all three could be 8 win teams.
Teams that will dissapoint Cowgirls (same ol' sh!t different year), Minny, Baltimore they were 9-7 last season funny how people overlook that.
And of course the Super Bound Jets will be high comedy come mid October.

I just love the Buffalo is the worst team ever. We had more injuries than any team, fired our coached midway through the season, switched QBs, yet were a McKelvin fumble away from splitting the division and being 7-9. The Pats beat us by a total of 8 points. And now we add the best playmaker in the draft.

A piece of betting advice: if the majority of people think something, it's probably wrong. The Bills are winning over 5 games. It's easy money.

As for the divsion, I thin kthe AFC East is vastly overrated. The Pats have a great QB, suspect running game, holes in their oline, and a defense that isn't proven yet. The Jets will miss Revis and Sanchez might be the worst Qb in the league. For the Fins, Henne hasn't proven a thing and their are holes in their defense.

I predict only the division winner makes the playoffs in the East. That will be the Pats simply because of Brady. The other 3 teams will battle it out and the Bills won't finish last in the division. Not shooting for he moon but it's a start.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back