PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Board Binkies

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't help but feel we're running out on time to develop a young receiver..if Edelman continues to show little we could be in a predicament in a year or so.

It may just be the position itself that Belichick values as having veteran leadership and more NFL experience than most rookies coming in, due to the complexity of it--much like our thoughts on many of his DE/OLB hybrid choices prior to this year. At some point though, they will have to take a couple of chances again on developing a young draft pick.

As far as "Edelman continuing to show little," I think he has looked very solid in the slot role that Welker occupies, but I also realize that it's a limited sample size and a very controversial subject too.

It may just be the position itself that Belichick values as having veteran leadership and more NFL experience than most rookies coming in, due to the complexity of it--much like our thoughts on many of his DE/OLB hybrid choices prior to this year. At some point though, they will have to take a couple of chances again on developing a young draft pick.

As far as "Edelman continuing to show little," I think he has looked very solid in the slot role that Welker occupies, but I also realize that it's a limited sample size and a very controversial subject too.

I feel like a broken record.....Welker barely touches the slot any more. He's been playing at split end ever since we brought in GronkAndez and that's fact.

As you said...limited (very very limited) sample size. If he's going to do anything for us he's got to show he can cut it at split end and not just in the slot because, more often than not, a TE or RB is in it. We keep referring to Wes as a slot guy when he really isn't that..he's a #1 receiver lining up at split end.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back