PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Board Binkies

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's a what you can do this season league, especially this team.

Once you're initially signed it's how you do on the field. Ebner is having a great camp at safety. BB knows Heddy's upside. :(

BB has no problem putting UDFAs on the 53. As we can see from 2 other threads, Ebner's upside exceeds Suni Williams' on the ISS.

Ebert to PS
Agree, with the condition that Ebner continues to demonstrate the improvement at safety that he's shown recently over the remainder of the preseason. It's a compressed time frame and poses a real challenge, but having a ST/Safety on the roster whose upside is undetermined and rising isn't a bad risk over some of the alternatives. I believe the team has identified their top 3 safeties already, they likely will give the others the playing time required to prove themselves.

Agree, with the condition that Ebner continues to demonstrate the improvement at safety that he's shown recently over the remainder of the preseason. It's a compressed time frame and poses a real challenge, but having a ST/Safety on the roster whose upside is undetermined and rising isn't a bad risk over some of the alternatives. I believe the team has identified their top 3 safeties already, they likely will give the others the playing time required to prove themselves.

Well said.
He's my bink but it's a daunting task. A minor injury cutting time on the field or a couple big mistakes in game coverage that us fans without All 22 probably won't even notice and it's off to the PS.

Love the sig

Last edited:
I'm staying safe with Tavon Wilson.

Jeremy Ebert since I gave him props pre draft. Actually called the pick in the 7th during the draft thread.

Hoping he at least makes the practice squad so we can see him in the slot in the future.

I thought he looked very good at practice on Friday. Sharp cuts, good hands.
On kickoff and punt returns, not so good.

I want Ebert to make it, he follows me on Twitter. Ebner is a stud he will make it, he was one of my favorite picks, I liked him and called him making the team before the camp reports.

If that happens, then Bill hasn't done enough to improve the Safety position.
If Ihedigbo returns as the #4 after being the #2 last year and #1 when Chung was injured, I think that says that he's done an awful lot.

I thought he looked very good at practice on Friday. Sharp cuts, good hands.
On kickoff and punt returns, not so good.

He wasn't a returner in college, so he's pretty inexperienced at it. Hopefully v that will improve, but I think he can make it as the 4th wide receiver over Branch because we can always resign Branch, he does not have to pass through waivers. He would be a good shadow roster spot, as he would be inactive most games unless an injury anyways, I'd rather give it to a young guy with potential.

Nonsense.

Belichick counted on all three last year. Counting on one of the three as the 4th or 5th safety doesn't mean much other than he values safety depth in his special teamers.

If that happens, then Bill hasn't done enough to improve the Safety position.

He wasn't a returner in college, so he's pretty inexperienced at it. Hopefully v that will improve, but I think he can make it as the 4th wide receiver over Branch because we can always resign Branch, he does not have to pass through waivers. He would be a good shadow roster spot, as he would be inactive most games unless an injury anyways, I'd rather give it to a young guy with potential.

Duh! Good point about Branch that had escaped my thoughts. Time for The Twig to transition to the estimable shadow roster. Keeps the team younger with potential and provides an emergency binkie solution for injury at the WR position.

Last edited:
I've got to go with Ebert. Love his tape and production and the potential with his speed and agility. Really rooting for the guy to make a push for a roster spot. Can't help but feel he won't clear waivers...I think he's shown a lot in camp and has decent numbers for the Big Ten and had a very good pro day in front of a number of teams (around 20).

I can't help but feel we're running out on time to develop a young receiver..if Edelman continues to show little we could be in a predicament in a year or so.

I've got to go with Ebert. Love his tape and production and the potential with his speed and agility. Really rooting for the guy to make a push for a roster spot. Can't help but feel he won't clear waivers...I think he's shown a lot in camp and has decent numbers for the Big Ten and had a very good pro day in front of a number of teams (around 20).

I can't help but feel we're running out on time to develop a young receiver..if Edelman continues to show little we could be in a predicament in a year or so.

I think Ebert is the most likely denizen in "Binkiville" to clear waivers; certainly more likely than Ebner, Bolden, or Dennard.

How about some Board Bikinis for the slot guys?

Last edited:
I think Ebert is the most likely denizen in "Binkiville" to clear waivers; certainly more likely than Ebner, Bolden, or Dennard.

Oh definitely...we thought that about Yeatman too though. Turn heads enough, which I think he did, and you'll be surprised. I think his production in the Big Ten and his measurables would have made him a highly sought after UDFA had we not taken him in the final round. I'm sure there'd be a lot of teams happy to have him on their PS.

Part of me wants us to take a gamble with a spot on a receiver as well. We have to start looking at tapping in to our younger guys. Others haven't panned out sadly so we have to keep trying. Next year could be a struggle at WR if the situation doesn't get sorted with Welker, a branch continues to age and Stallworth or Gaffney begin to regress with age.mwith no recover doing anything for us the right side of 30, gambles need to be taken.

Oh definitely...we thought that about Yeatman too though. Turn heads enough, which I think he did, and you'll be surprised. I think his production in the Big Ten and his measurables would have made him a highly sought after UDFA had we not taken him in the final round. I'm sure there'd be a lot of teams happy to have him on their PS.

Part of me wants us to take a gamble with a spot on a receiver as well. We have to start looking at tapping in to our younger guys. Others haven't panned out sadly so we have to keep trying. Next year could be a struggle at WR if the situation doesn't get sorted with Welker, a branch continues to age and Stallworth or Gaffney begin to regress with age.mwith no recover doing anything for us the right side of 30, gambles need to be taken.

Sadly, part of the price of success year after year is that your cuts are scrutinized more closely than other teams'.

I liked Ebner before it was cool

OWL SCHYTTE!!!
jester.gif

Ebner was everybody's Binkie from Day 1!! :rocker:

OWL SCHYTTE!!!
jester.gif

Some more so than others though, others had him being a practice squader, i said he would be on the 53

Oh definitely...we thought that about Yeatman too though.

Speak for yourself, my friend.

A lot of teams had competed with Bill The Mad (Genius) for Yeatman's services, so it was virtually guaranteed that he'd be scooped up, if Coach Bill was foolish enough to cut'm...as he was. :mad:

If anyone's curious, the Fish are converting him to O Tackle.

Here's hoping he'll make a success of it, and have a long and successfull career...14 weeks a year, anyway. :D

:confused:

Ebner was everybody's binky before anyone here knew who he was. Such is the power of War Daddy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes