PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Bluffalo vs NE pregame

Status
Not open for further replies.
The problem is, the communication problem is real, even for the fans. It is very difficult to get a wifi signal at Gillette, even though they've supposedly fixed or "upgraded" the system in recent years. It's the location, rather than the Patriots doing anything, that is the problem, but nobody is going to report it that way.

The problem is, the communication problem is real, even for the fans. It is very difficult to get a wifi signal at Gillette, even though they've supposedly fixed or "upgraded" the system in recent years. It's the location, rather than the Patriots doing anything, that is the problem, but nobody is going to report it that way.

Sounds like T Mobile has the contract.

Wow. How does BB beat you ? Memba that time your return guy dropped the ball ? How about when you drafted and started Losman ? Puh-lease.

Oh the lies that people will believe as long as it fits their mindset.

The fact is that the NFL (not teams) handle all communication equipment. So, if there's a malfunction, direct your complaints to the league.

Rex will play man and go blitz crazy. Short passes to JE, DA and if they play press hit them up the middle to Bennett/Gronk and go deep to Hogan.

Taylor is not an NFL QB, but would be a good CFL QB.

This will be an easy game

No Marcell Dareus should mean that the Pats will have the ability to open some holes in the running game. I expect another big game from Blount unless the Bills absolutely sell out to stop the run, in which case Garoppolo should have some wide open targets to Gronk and Bennett down the seam.

The league handles it of course and I agree it is just hard to get Signals at Gillette. Personally as it is part of the stadium/location issue I simply see it as HFA. The Pats are probably more use to head set malfunctions then other teams so don't complain about it and just are always ready with hand signs as needed.

I think is it funny. Do people complain about Denver being a mile high being unfair? I don't think so. They know it is a huge HFA but that is just part of the game. Do people complain about Miami early in the year? No. Sure it is hot as crap but just HFA. Do people complain about that long flight to Seattle? No. Just HFA. The snow in GB? HFA.

But if the Pats have something weird about their stadium that makes communication hard it is suddenly unfair? Cry baby BS.

Regardless of the QB situation, I don't see Buffalo putting up more than 10 points. That should be enough to help us win the game no matter who's starting.

Got sidetracked a bit. On to the Bills. I am glad they beat AZ and did so in such a fashion. I would be worried if they were 0-3 and said "We are out of it but we will pull out all the stop to beat the Pats even at the expense of managing players for next week". That kind of sell out to win mentality in the NFL is always dangerous.

My thoughts on the Bills.

Offense

McCoy is #1. He is scary good and can makes plays without relying on his QB who is so-so at best. After that of course Sammy Watkins is a beast but is wasted due to not being able to have the QB to feed him the ball. Goodwin is a guy you just need to keep an eye on as we say vs Revis. He pretty much just runs verticle routes but has speed and is looking for 7. You don't wanna give that up. They will take their shots with him and we need McCourty to anticipate that speed. They have some other okay WRs but nothing to worry about particularly with their QB.

Taylor himself is below average from the pocket so this will be a contain game without much pass rush. If he escapes he can hurt you and that is how they sustain drives. He can take a 3rd and long for a first easily. Has a long of 49 yards running. Should tell you something there.

On defense they are pretty damn good. 10 sacks in 3 games is a pretty good clip and whoever we have back there needs to know their pass rush is good. Ronald Derby is a guy i wanted in the draft last year... maybe. Tons of talent but a few red flags. He certainly has cashed in on that talent and become one of the best young CBs in the league. Gilmore frankly is not bad either. He is not as good as they hoped he'd be but a very good #2 (which i think he is on this team).

Their pass rush and pass defense is good but the thing that worries me is their run defenses. It is very good. 3.4YPA and they faced some good RBs as well. I doubt Blount or anyone else on our team gets much done against it which is why this is a game you want JAG for cause you won't win this one running IMO. You will need to pass but quickly and safely.

Final verdict. The Bills scored 7, 31 and 33 points this year. In their game where they scored 7 they were given no help (costly turnovers or big plays... 1 fumble but Joe but nothing else), Vs the Jets they got 14 points off 2 big plays of 70 plus yards... otherwise they have 17. In the game against AZ Palmer with 4 ints and a total of 5 turnovers made that 33 possible. That 7 points off that botched FG and 3 free points off the first Palmer int were huge. Also they allowed some huge run plays. I think 1 STs return went for something like 60 yards and they got a TD off that short field.

If you don't commit a bunch of turnovers or give up huge plays you will hold them to under 20 if you play any kind of decent D. That should be the game plan. No mistakes and no big chunk plays. minimize risk but pass short cause running won't work much. Don't be afraid to take a FG as opposed to forcing something. You only need 20 points to win likely and they will make mistakes to help you out as well.

Final score with Jimmy - Pats 27 Bills 16

Last edited:
This game has great significance as the fourth definitive GFY to Goodell. I think Buffalo will be a tough out, I hope the Pats are jacked and pumped.

I do like when opposing teams fans call ******** on excuses like some of the guys in their thread did. The headset thing is just so dumb but anytime anything happens everyone jumps on the team for it

Sent from my KFSOWI using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back