Welcome to PatsFans.com

Blue Collar

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Harry Boy, Jun 24, 2006.

1. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +551 / 2 / -9

Bunker Hill Projects:
    I knew some guys over there I drove for St Johnsbury and a couple of them worked with me, (I'm Local 25, 53 years counting my retirement) had a lot of fun wayback in Charlestown.
  2. Blue Collar

Blue Collar Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

That's cool man, are you cool with with the friendly smacks we give hit eachother with?
    Back to charlestown, my extended family has lived their for close to 100 years, my grandfather and great uncle jack moved into the project's after serving in wwII fighting in north africa and elsewhere. I wil post a picture of them ,after they returned from the war, sitting on a stoop with my great grandmother in charlestown.
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 3, 2005
  3. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +551 / 2 / -9

Sitting on the "Stoops", we all did that back then after supper on the hot summer nights and all the kids would be playing in the streets.
    When Joe Louis knocked out Max Schmeling all our parents put the old time radios in the their front windows and put them on the same station and turned the volume up and the whole neighborhood sat on their stoops to listen to the fight, they had drinks and sandwiches and got settled in for a long fight, Joe Louis came out of his corner and knocked Schmeling out in a few seconds, we all went nuts out in the street especially the black guys Joe Louis was their hero and he was "Our American".
    Collar, I have to throw this in here, "if that fight took place today the Liberal Sore Losers would probably be ROOTING for the German :singing: