PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Blowing off steam about how Superbowl win is viewed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

breakin

On the Roster
Reaction score
Im sorry if this has previously been discussed by man im so sick of reading about how "lucky" the patriots were to win the game. I've talked to a whole lot of unbiased viewers and the common theme is that the patriots were the better team for 3 of the 4 quarters.

The most annoying part is you hear the haters talk about how lucky the patriots were to win because of the bad play call that lead to the Interception.

It annoys me because if the Seahawks somehow manage to finish that final drive and score then the narrative will be how the Patriots deserved to win but the Seahawks had an all time flukey/lucky catch to put them in a spot to win the game.

No offense to anyone who feels differently, but I couldn't possibly care less if people see our win as "lucky."

It's about time we got some good luck! The past 2 SB losses certainly went the other way. You need luck to win the SB, at least at some point during the stretch run, anyway.

Im sorry if this has previously been discussed by man im so sick of reading about how "lucky" the patriots were to win the game. I've talked to a whole lot of unbiased viewers and the common theme is that the patriots were the better team for 3 of the 4 quarters.

The most annoying part is you hear the haters talk about how lucky the patriots were to win because of the bad play call that lead to the Interception.

It annoys me because if the Seahawks somehow manage to finish that final drive and score then the narrative will be how the Patriots deserved to win but the Seahawks had an all time flukey/lucky catch to put them in a spot to win the game.

You sound like someone who doesn't realize yet that all the **** people have talked to us for the last five years no longer matters, and they can all go **** themselves because we won a 4th Lombardi.

No offense to anyone who feels differently, but I couldn't possibly care less if people see our win as "lucky."

It's about time we got some good luck! The past 2 SB losses certainly went the other way. You need luck to win the SB, at least at some point during the stretch run, anyway.

I think the luck comes and goes. The Pats were on a pretty bad run of luck and injuries for a decade, and then, all of a sudden the Pats were getting the breaks. It was about time.

I only talk to fans of football teams with 4 Lombardis or more. Sorry, but if your football team doesn't at least have 4 Lombardi trophies, I just can't be seen talking to you. Too embarrassing.

the Seahawks had an all time flukey/lucky catch to put them in a spot to win the game.
That's all you need to remember. Seattle's "luck" to get within scoring range was much, much greater than the Pats' "luck" in keeping them out of the end zone. Another way of looking at it is Kearse's catch and Butler's interception canceled each other out. Toss out those two plays and the commonly expected ending would be the Seahawks running out of time or downs.

Don't care. The cheating stuff accusations bother me. The way we won the SB does not; it's the true definition of sour grapes and pathetic.

Don't care. The cheating stuff accusations bother me. The way we won the SB does not; it's the true definition of sour grapes and pathetic.

Why? People who believe that are stupid. Just mock them for being jealous morons.

Also, I guess anyone who says we won the 4th on luck are willing to give us our 19-0 season and a 2011 Superbowl win? Since we lost on luck?

No? Then they can STFU

109 passes from the 1 yard line this season. Only one of them was intercepted, lucky my ass.
Based on everything else I heard from Eldeman I would imagine he was saying something like "I loooove you man, you were a great patriot and we're world champs. I love you!"

That's all you need to remember. Seattle's "luck" to get within scoring range was much, much greater than the Pats' "luck" in keeping them out of the end zone. Another way of looking at it is Kearse's catch and Butler's interception canceled each other out. Toss out those two plays and the commonly expected ending would be the Seahawks running out of time or downs.

Yep if not for that lucky bounce it is 2nd and 10 from the 38 with 1:08 left. Seahawks were lucky the ball wasn't an inch of two lower when Wilson threw to the EZ to Matthews or Browner could have had an INT.

Seahawks were lucky the ball wasn't an inch of two lower when Wilson threw to the EZ to Matthews or Browner could have had an INT.
Yes, that was very close to being the game-ending interception right there.

They played like crap in all 3 fazes of the game in the 4th and bungled the last two minutes and people think they deserve a trophy. Coach makes bad decisions and QB throws a pic, not luck, dumb coaching and poor execution.

We won, I love it and wouldn't change a thing....

No luck at all on the last play. They sniffed it out, Browner defeated the pick, stood him up. Butler recognized the play and went full bore.

It's supposed to be a guaranteed play for a yard based on the pick.

By the way, illegal as hell, no? How is any part of that pick play legal?

Ninkovich in an interview stated that the defense was expecting a pass.. for the very reason that the percentages indicated that the Sehawks had a tendency to call up a pass in exactly that same situation.

And while Ninkovich didn't mention the play, let's not forget that one of the Seahawk touchdowns earlier in the game was a pass play called when they were on the 3 yard line.

And of course, as has been talked about,but Lynch hasn't been terribly successful punching it in from the 1 yard line against a stacked goal line.

http://www.sportsgrid.com/nfl/why-m...l-in-that-situation-and-why-he-shouldnt-have/
On the other hand, there are also statistics for Lynch’s success from that distance all season, and they’re not pretty: He went a mere one of five from the one this year, succeeding only against the Giants (in three attempts). Whether teams know they’ll have to stop the run when Lynch gets in that close, or the offensive line simply isn’t as good up front when the box is stacked, Lynch is generally unsuccessful in the red zone unless there’s some ambiguity about the play call (he was 6 of 15 from the five).

Last edited:
We said it about the Giants ... lucky catch...

The reality was their D-line owned us for many plays of that game - 5 sacks and @ 12 pressures.

But it still was a lucky catch as catches go ... :mad: ... their D-line won that game for them.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye